Charlie Gard

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A good explanation of the reality of the case from http://www.melaniephillips.com/cruel-ignorant-campaign/ The agonising case of Charlie Gard, the 11-month old baby dying from a rare form of mitochon

Feckin scumbag judges - it'll cost them nothing to keep their noses out and allow the parents to decide for THEIR child.   A chance, no matter how small, is still a chance.   I really do feel that

I wish the parents would just let the boy die. Even IF this treatment works, what quality of life will he have? Question: if you were told today that your own life would be rewound to your birth, and

Feckin scumbag judges - it'll cost them nothing to keep their noses out and allow the parents to decide for THEIR child.

A chance, no matter how small, is still a chance.

I really do feel that poor family.

• Like 5

Feckin scumbag judges - it'll cost them nothing to keep their noses out and allow the parents to decide for THEIR child.

Exactly, if there's any hope anywhere i think the parents should be allowed to try
  • Like 1

yeh,,,look how that other family were treated when they took there child out ,,yet that kid responded to treatment

• Like 1

there is no chance, at the original UK court case the yank doctors admitted that, the treatment is totally experimental and if you read the full report their decision to go ahead is purely financial and for research, sad as it is they need to let the little chap go peacefully

• Like 4

Don't know all the facts so can't comment too much but I think the media statements calling doctors and judges cruel and heartless are piss poor.

This is a conflict of opinion on what's best for the child. Both think they're doing the best for him. I know doctors aren't always right.., but neither are parents. For the parents, emotion influences opinion and decisions, where it doesn't or shouldn't for medical professionals.

People talk about hope. One thing I always think of when I see these cases.., the pioneering trials and treatments are always in the states where medicine is big business and it seems hope can be always be bought for a few hundred $k. I've been involved with raising funds to send 3 different local kids to the US for treatment, and none lived.

I don't know what's right here at all, but I feel for both the parents and for the doctors.

• Like 4

Don't know all the facts so can't comment too much but I think the media statements calling doctors and judges cruel and heartless are piss poor.

This is a conflict of opinion on what's best for the child. Both think they're doing the best for him. I know doctors aren't always right.., but neither are parents. For the parents, emotion influences opinion and decisions, where it doesn't or shouldn't for medical professionals.

People talk about hope. One thing I always think of when I see these cases.., the pioneering trials and treatments are always in the states where medicine is big business and it seems hope can be always be bought for a few hundred $k. I've been involved with raising funds to send 3 different local kids to the US for treatment, and none lived.

I don't know what's right here at all, but I feel for both the parents and for the doctors.

spot on , as you say doctors are not always right, and lets face quite a few have got it wrong in the past , and people old and young have died when they shouldn't have .But one thing in this case , that made me think yeh, let the little boy die with dignity and pain free , was if he did make it and was kept alive , he would have severe brain damage . Well being a parent , and knowing how life can be hard and cruel at times with healthy child , why stack things against the lad to start with . they can always have another child and with bit of luck, it will be born healthy . thats just my thouhgt on ths case, but it is hard letting go any child die, i can understand that . :yes:

• Like 3

Just seen an interview with Mr and Mrs Gard on the news..........utterly heartbreaking !

I think they should have been given a bit more time, after the court decision, to say goodbye to him, but in their heart of hearts, they must have known that this day would come......

Apparently, the little soul is in constant pain, so I can only hope that death will allow him the dignity that life seems to have denied him.

Poor little lad.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

There is a leading doctor in America who can provide some kind of treatment which might work

Why are they still stopping him from going, surely any chance is better than no chance?

• Like 1

There is a leading doctor in America who can provide some kind of treatment which might work

Why are they still stopping him from going, surely any chance is better than no chance?

Of course mate. My nephew had a auto immune disorder. Doctors in america said they could save him ect never happened .....and the doctors said he would suffer if he was to make the journey.. a match was found for bone marrow transplant. Sucessful operation doctors said he was cured. Few months later he fell and broke his ankle. As soon as he wasnt mobile he deteriarated. And died few months later. He was oldest boy to live for so long with the disease he had.