New Sniper Record

The previous record was held by a Brit at 2,475m, with lots of Canadians and Americans in that ball park.

Now this report has come out...... Some Canadian has gone and added an entire kilometre to that record!

https://www.vox.com/world/2017/6/25/15863472/canada-sniper-record-two-miles-isis-iraq

3,540m, that's some distance!

Am I going mad or have we had this topic recently ???

Both. :yes:

While it's a fantastic achievement, it's still more luck than judgement. It takes a lot of calculations to get on target at any sort of distance as I found out shooting at less than a third of that, but there is still a lot of guesswork involved with wind direction etc.

Here is a picture of me getting ready just before I took the shot, if I,m being totally honest I was aiming for his mate but the wind was a bit stronger than I,d allowed for

I thought you were wearing a camo jacket :D[/quote). I always hunt naked and often hide in ponds. You have to make a few sacrifices to be the best

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

Makes my best shot look a bit silly now .

1966 aged 10 dropped Ian plews aged 14 with a clean head shot ,with my gat ,manage d to re load and shoot his mam in the tit in an effort to stop her grassing ( didn't work ) both shots from a range of no less than 20 yards and had to factor in allowances for next doors fence .

• Like 1
  • Haha 10