Can You Get Fly Reels Ready To Go With New Lines?

Think the 9ft 6 sovereign is a 7/8 weight rod so go for the 7 line, as it's more for reservoir and lake fishing distances. I have the taper line on my rod at the minute and pulling a few out on the river with it

Sorry this is a 6/7 weight rod but you go for the lower number which is interesting, I always wondered about that. In all honesty I dont care too much as long as I can get the line out but it's confusing when you have two weights to consider.

My old floater was a taper line, it cast very well for a while but then started to develope memory type curls and lose it's slipperiness if that makes any sense. I'm not a big fan of fishing deep so I want a cheap sinker and intermediate really, if the fish wont come up then I'd rather blank although fishing a deep lure can be fun for an hour or two.

• Like 1

I go for the lower weight for rivers but if I get a big reservoir rod I would go the higher number for more distance especially when it's over fished like a lot of commercial places now

I might go for the lower weight lines this time, I'm not sure the soft action likes the heavier ones. I suppose it's down to testing but the lines cost a fortune!

• Like 1