• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Greyman said:

I just got the vid to work, it’s not a video of what they saw it’s the same footage those kids filmed of one eating a sheep a short while back, ?but the body length and tail shows it’s clearly not a sheep Timothy, should go to specsavers ?

It's "tail" is it's front right leg as the animal reaches back to lick/scratch it's rear. Can't see a dead sheep, just the black thing sitting amongst sheep ??‍♂️ 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Pez79 said:

Yeah, they would be capable of killing Bobcats, a Cougar is a different ballgame though.

There's me jumping the gun, I thought we were talking about Cougars.

I was talking about bobcats pez 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Pez79 said:

That's where you're going wrong, accusing everyone who's skeptical of being a dick.

I've been in some of the remote places in Britain, railway accesses are often in the middle of the sticks, I see all kind of wildlife. Until something substantial arises I will always be doubtful.

No I respect people’s scepticism but closed minded idiots I just don’t tolerate there’s a big difference, but that said I do hope that one day you do get to see one, I had a mate that watched one for over 20mins climb down a cliff in a quarry years ago when we were out lamping saw the pug marks it left when it walked away the lot but still to the day he died he would not accept they were here,  takes all sorts and I listen to all sides if there is a sensible debate not just a little boy shouting bollox from the back of the room which is how you act ?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Greyman said:

No I respect people’s scepticism but closed minded idiots I just don’t tolerate there’s a big difference, but that said I do hope that one day you do get to see one, I had a mate that watched one for over 20mins climb down a cliff in a quarry years ago when we were out lamping saw the pug marks it left when it walked away the lot but still to the day he died he would not accept they were here,  takes all sorts and I listen to all sides if there is a sensible debate not just a little boy shouting bollox from the back of the room which is how you act ?

Can you put up the most clearest pic of a big cat mate (not the escapee lynx one)

32 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

Can you put up the most clearest pic of a big cat mate (not the escapee lynx one)

As I have said many of them I don’t have ownership or permission to share so I just won’t, but this boy has never really been explained as anything other than a free roaming uk cat shot by a gamekeeper ?

242A5B09-3088-40FC-AFAE-AA61C6A7FDA8.jpeg

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, Pez79 said:

I have put forward a good argument many a time and when does so you resort to insulting.

I have got an open mind but the reality is until there's strong evidence I will be a non-believer.

I think this post pretty much sums up your input so stop acting like a poor little victim your interested are in taking the piss which is fair enough and now and then even funny but other that that you have offered nothing ?

C43797BA-86F2-497F-A89D-4747B04BA0CE.png

• Haha 1

Dont think bobcats and lynx count as legit "Big cats " honestly. That being said a small population could easily live in the UK failry undetected with y'all's lifestyle. Bobcats I mean. You can honestly be staring right at one in some semi thick stuff and most people will not notice them. Especially most urbanites.  I mean hell mountain lions routinely roam and hunt in parks and suburbs in LA. A hand full of Bob's could easy get along in there UK especially with all the small game you guys have running around. That and your not going to find a cat kill unless you know damn well what your looking for since they burry them. 

Now some big black panther looking thing ....welll

• Like 2
Just now, Greyman said:

I think this post pretty much sums up your input so stop acting like a poor little victim your interested are in taking the piss which is fair enough and now and then even funny but other that that you have offered nothing ?

C43797BA-86F2-497F-A89D-4747B04BA0CE.png

Honestly feel that that's a lot of people on here...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
26 minutes ago, Pez79 said:

That's the thing, which is it?

Cougar, Leopard, Jaguar, Bobcat, Lynx.

The only thing that's consistent here is the inconsistency.

So forgive me because I haven't gone though this whole thread but I headed to dabble heavily in cryptozoology and the whole UK big cat thing was something I gave some attention to. 

But here are my main questions

Have there been any live stock kills or attacks where ethe animal has been bitten from the neck area ? 

Have kills been found where there was a deer sheep ect in a tree or burried ? In like a leaf litter pile ?

Not even going to ask about a carcasses of this big cat because your never really find those regardless. Like seriously I've talked to guys who hunt mountain lion bear wolves ect and they never really just stubble upon a skeleton carcass or even a skull most of the time.  Like it's a known and documented fact we have cougars in Mississippi,they've radi collard them three states away and have tracked them though my county, but no one has found remains of one that I can ever remember hearing of. Why is this ? I have no clue.

Same with jaguars in Texas and Arizona.

Another things is hysterical people. Like I can't tell you how many face book pots I've seen where peoel from over here in the states will see a black farm cat walking in a pasture take a shitty picture and eveyone who's walked in a park or seen something on national geographic is trying to say its obviously a a black panther ?? Could be a large portion of this. And hell even if it is just a small population of bobcats running around I'm 90% sure most people over there have never seen one of the little shits and would probably freak out thinking it's a lion. Soccer mom's over here do it all the time and their a native species so I can only imagine over there

Now another thing is vocalizations. Any reports of these ? Of course African lions roar but cougars and bobcats legit sound like women being murdered when it's mating season or their trying to fight. Nothing like being in the woods by yourself and hearing that shit for the first time.

Food source well, y'all have a shit load of small game not to mention those little deer in some places so honestly depending where they would be they wouldn't have to stray far to stay fed thus less chance of being seen.

Exotic pet trade over there real big ? Or had it been big at some point ? Again not sure just how far this goes back but wouldn't surprise me if a similar situation to what happens with those muntjack or water deer y'all have happed with some cats of some form or another . Definitely wouldn't put it past some rich land holder wanting some dangerous game on his estate to hunt, thing got outta hand  so on so fourth. Kinda like how game Rance's in the southwest US here had some escapes now you have wild orax,Audads ,and naligi running all over parts of Texas and New Mexico 

But all of that it's just some things off my head that I've seen happen in other places 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Wolfdog91 said:

So forgive me because I haven't gone though this whole thread but I headed to dabble heavily in cryptozoology and the whole UK big cat thing was something I gave some attention to. 

But here are my main questions

Have there been any live stock kills or attacks where ethe animal has been bitten from the neck area ? 

Have kills been found where there was a deer sheep ect in a tree or burried ? In like a leaf litter pile ?

Not even going to ask about a carcasses of this big cat because your never really find those regardless. Like seriously I've talked to guys who hunt mountain lion bear wolves ect and they never really just stubble upon a skeleton carcass or even a skull most of the time.  Like it's a known and documented fact we have cougars in Mississippi,they've radi collard them three states away and have tracked them though my county, but no one has found remains of one that I can ever remember hearing of. Why is this ? I have no clue.

Same with jaguars in Texas and Arizona.

Another things is hysterical people. Like I can't tell you how many face book pots I've seen where peoel from over here in the states will see a black farm cat walking in a pasture take a shitty picture and eveyone who's walked in a park or seen something on national geographic is trying to say its obviously a a black panther ?? Could be a large portion of this. And hell even if it is just a small population of bobcats running around I'm 90% sure most people over there have never seen one of the little shits and would probably freak out thinking it's a lion. Soccer mom's over here do it all the time and their a native species so I can only imagine over there

Now another thing is vocalizations. Any reports of these ? Of course African lions roar but cougars and bobcats legit sound like women being murdered when it's mating season or their trying to fight. Nothing like being in the woods by yourself and hearing that shit for the first time.

Food source well, y'all have a shit load of small game not to mention those little deer in some places so honestly depending where they would be they wouldn't have to stray far to stay fed thus less chance of being seen.

Exotic pet trade over there real big ? Or had it been big at some point ? Again not sure just how far this goes back but wouldn't surprise me if a similar situation to what happens with those muntjack or water deer y'all have happed with some cats of some form or another . Definitely wouldn't put it past some rich land holder wanting some dangerous game on his estate to hunt, thing got outta hand  so on so fourth. Kinda like how game Rance's in the southwest US here had some escapes now you have wild orax,Audads ,and naligi running all over parts of Texas and New Mexico 

But all of that it's just some things off my head that I've seen happen in other places 

? ............ you sound almost too sensible for this thread!!

??

• Haha 1

One more thing : range. 

Most big cats( smaller ones too) have very big ranges , usually, things can cause this to very, but generally that range wide. This can cause a HUGE problem for people trying to track the things . I've talked with guys who trap both bobcats and mountain lions along with reading a lot form a biologist for trapped large predators  all over the world for scientific purposes. They all agree cats roam a lot. You see tracks it could be two weeks before a tom bob cat comes back though to that area . Guys in texas told me by the time you see a lion track on on ranch that lion could easily be three Rance's away and you have a month or longer before they loop back though. 

However this is also not a complete 100% deal. Back to the urban cats, it's been found with all the easy food shelter and stupid humans who don't know how to look for predators they don't really range too much....

What I'm getting at is possibly, by the time a track or sighting has happened your probably shit out of luck looking around in the general area a week later. Or maybe they just adapted so well that they could be laid up in a bush looking at you . And no I'm not joking about that

So just more parts of this puzzle

2 minutes ago, Pez79 said:

That's it, cats like to go for easy options, take the Leoapards in Mumbai.

They live in a national park yet often venture in to the city to prey on the local dogs.

If they were in the UK they would be causing problems.

To my knowledge there's not been one sound clip that sounds anything like Cougar or Bobcat.

Another thing that stands out is why no roadkill, not one photo or video of a cat that's been killed by a vehicle?

Small population, even here with our large population it's pretty rare to see a road killed bobcat. Even in places like Montana where they are literally over run with mountain lions you just pain to hear about many getting hit by cars. 

Mainly because their not stupid. A cat generally won't move if thinks you can see it, unless their super bold. So trying to cross a busy road Infront of a car just doesn't make a lot of sense. Combine that with a population of many what... 100 tops possibly? No to mention they would probably just cross at least frequented areas , under road culverts ect

• Like 4
  • paulus locked this topic