• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

We I thought I'd let you know how I got on meeting greyman. Drove and met him at his, quick cuppa and we were off down the motorway to meet 2 witnesses who had,  had an incounter with what they believ

Spent the morning chatting to a taxidermist from the natural history museum,his friend is a wildlife enthusiast from manang,sets a couple of camera traps up at 5000+ meters,thin air mountain country,t

Posted Images

7 hours ago, tillylamp said:

my friend had a cougar visit his back yard the other night so i took these pics of them to show you.....

my boot in the pic, is, at the widest part, just under 5 inch and the paw print was easily 4 inch....

i said he should put camera up, he agreed but time will tell.....the two single prints weren't so clear as the wind had blown the top layer of snow into them losing there sharpness, (it was -20 making the snow dry and light) but the others weren't to bad i thought....

IMG_1376.JPG

IMG_1377.JPG

IMG_1374.JPG

IMG_1375.JPG

Nice be interesting to see how he gets on, keep us posted I like footprints especially when found near a suspected kill sight it’s quite a large pei e of the puzzle for me 👍👍

CB631DF9-1C09-443E-8420-0FABCF090A9F.jpeg

DB1649E0-CB95-4645-84F1-2B6513B371A7.jpeg

14D270FE-AE07-42C1-9B48-54D585F13125.jpeg

915C1EB2-3512-406F-8592-E764C5E94D3C.jpeg

• Like 3

I honestly don't believe there is any big cat's roaming around our countryside with todays technology there would be more evidence imho. Though years ago when the dangerous animals act came in then it was believable as I remember these crackpots in Rotherham having a pet tiger and a lion.

FB_IMG_1644172894606.jpg

• Like 1

I was having a very interesting conversation with an old pal of mine over the weekend that lead me to ask this question - Would bobcats count as "big cats" for the purpose of this discussion? :hmm:

6 minutes ago, BGD said:

I was having a very interesting conversation with an old pal of mine over the weekend that lead me to ask this question - Would bobcats count as "big cats" for the purpose of this discussion? :hmm:

Not my thread, but I’d say any non-native cat bigger than a domestic moggy would qualify. Definitely a species which I’d expect would thrive here, but I’ve never seen any evidence they’re here.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, BGD said:

55 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

Not my thread, but I’d say any non-native cat bigger than a domestic moggy would qualify. Definitely a species which I’d expect would thrive here, but I’ve never seen any evidence they’re here.

Bobcats are a South American thing we have lynx very similar, make up around 5% of sightings in the uk and yes I would say they count, basically anything capable of taking an adult roe counts 👍👍

• Like 3

That was pretty much my thinking too lads, anything non-native and big enough to have you going "feck me what was that!" if you saw it in the UK counts as far as this discussion goes

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, BGD said:

That was pretty much my thinking too lads, anything non-native and big enough to have you going "feck me what was that!" if you saw it in the UK counts as far as this discussion goes

Thank you for your indisputable scientific criteria of what defines a big cat in the uk :laugh:

10 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

Some interesting thermal footage here from the last poddy.

Taken in my county of Notts.. other side of the Trent from where i am though.

If you haven't listened to it... you should👍

BIGCATCONVERSATIONS.COM

Quite a bit of thermal footage coming out over the last year, trouble is without scale it’s a bit worthless, but I believe the blokes misses and dog go out to the same spot in that one, I was out with rick last week saw some pretty compelling pics he had on his laptop that should be going on there over the next few months 👍👍

• Like 1