4 minutes ago, Greyman said:

That’s why you,ll never spot f,a walking the dog looking at a phone, leave it at home your walk will be much richer 👍

I can spot em fella don't worry about me, I assure you there's no big cats around these parts. 😁

• Haha 1

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Spent the morning chatting to a taxidermist from the natural history museum,his friend is a wildlife enthusiast from manang,sets a couple of camera traps up at 5000+ meters,thin air mountain country,t

We I thought I'd let you know how I got on meeting greyman. Drove and met him at his, quick cuppa and we were off down the motorway to meet 2 witnesses who had,  had an incounter with what they believ

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Have a listen to the bloke that took these pictures mate, 12 hours a day for 5 years, and if he got 12 seconds of footage in a week he was chuffed, I,m not very clued up on tinternet but you can do a reverse internet search on macs picture and it will tell you were it came from, I had it done a few pages back with the mountain lion allegedly taken in Yorkshire, reverse search showed the photo was origanly taken in the states even gave the name of the bloke that took it  

I've done all that, get yourself a Google phone like this, on the camera app theirs Lensz which is an amazing little app. 

I used the app on Mackems picture and it drew a blank. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I've done all that, get yourself a Google phone like this, on the camera app theirs Lensz which is an amazing little app. 

I used the app on Mackems picture and it drew a blank. 

I've just done exactly that and the closest match I could find is a Black Leopard at Kabini Lodge. 

black-leopard.jpg

• Like 1
18 hours ago, TOMO said:

what sort of dog is that mack...lab?

surly it's a dog..got a short tail nowt like the other cat pics...and that countryside could easily be north America ..or Europe

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

It's all just bullshit... If there was any type of big cat out there, some lamper (dog or gun) would have seen it clear as day... Now a shooter would have shot but would the lamper slip...??

Shithouses if yer don't...! 🤣

Now I’m one of these people that ideally have to see it with me own eyes to believe it ! 
But my two penny’s is I lived in that area for 6 years and I can remember the Watkins family from sling social club 

And the coleford  area seems to be where unusual  animals are set loose or seen

The wild boar were released at Staunton 

skunks were seen at glaxo smith Kline ? 
Coleford to milkwall road and one was killed on road in between puzzlewood and perrygrove railway .That’s in between sling and coleford .

So if he says he seen a lynx I believe him .

• Like 2

From Big Cat Conversations. Shot in Herefordshire 2019.

This cat has an extra-long tubular tail and muscular thigh and hind-quarters. The tail appears as long as the body. The keeper who shot it states that he regretted it at the time and remains regretful. No hairs or other sample material were taken from this cat for testing, before the body was disposed of, at the wish of the landowner. 

The cat was four and half feet from nose to tail, 24 pounds in weight, and according to the keeper “what stood out were the muscles in its head and jaws, plus spots clearly on both sides.  The ears were rounded on top, not pointed, and very broad”.

What is it?

8-1.jpg

Edited by notahunter
6 minutes ago, notahunter said:

This cat has an extra-long tubular tail and muscular thigh and hind-quarters. The tail appears as long as the body. The keeper who shot it states that he regretted it at the time and remains regretful. No hairs or other sample material were taken from this cat for testing, before the body was disposed of, at the wish of the landowner. 

The cat was four and half feet from nose to tail, 24 pounds in weight, and according to the keeper “what stood out were the muscles in its head and jaws, plus spots clearly on both sides.  The ears were rounded on top, not pointed, and very broad”.

What is it?

8-1.jpg

Tiddles 🤣

1 hour ago, notahunter said:

What is it?

8-1.jpg

Wow that's amazing I wonder if they had to get an offroader over to transport the beast off the hill. 

So, what could the black cat above be, a domestic/feral throwback??   It's certainly NOT, the BIG cat people are looking for. 

And what is that wording about, why did he regret shooting it, if he pulled the trigger he did it for a reason, he is a keeper allegedly, why was it disposed of at the wish of the owner, keepers don't go rushing to owners, they get on with the job, again, an article that simply doesn't add up!

Plenty of cat variations out there and things happen when you mix up breeds, actually they happen sometimes when you don't mix up breeds.

So, any suggestions what that is, simply looks a bit of a variation on a theme of the domestic cat to me!

2 hours ago, Deker said:

So, what could the black cat above be, a domestic/feral throwback??   It's certainly NOT, the BIG cat people are looking for. 

And what is that wording about, why did he regret shooting it, if he pulled the trigger he did it for a reason, he is a keeper allegedly, why was it disposed of at the wish of the owner, keepers don't go rushing to owners, they get on with the job, again, an article that simply doesn't add up!

Plenty of cat variations out there and things happen when you mix up breeds, actually they happen sometimes when you don't mix up breeds.

So, any suggestions what that is, simply looks a bit of a variation on a theme of the domestic cat to me!

The shot cat was with a much bigger one when he shot it, the landowner was present and insisted on him shooting it and threw the corpse in an incinerator so no chance of taking hair samples which really ends the conversation or any chance of truly identifying it, there are more photos but the exit wound is a bit messy to put on the podcast, but the rosettes are clearly visible through the black fur, hybridisation is another big subject  in all this and is always a possibility, there is a picture of a black cat on the podcast that was taken on a trail cam in Devon, it is 2ft at the shoulder but has all the features of a domestic always more questions than answers but one day a good corpse supported by dna will come along until then we just have to keep going, 👍👍

• Like 6
  • Haha 1