• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

We I thought I'd let you know how I got on meeting greyman. Drove and met him at his, quick cuppa and we were off down the motorway to meet 2 witnesses who had,  had an incounter with what they believ

Spent the morning chatting to a taxidermist from the natural history museum,his friend is a wildlife enthusiast from manang,sets a couple of camera traps up at 5000+ meters,thin air mountain country,t

Posted Images

On 03/01/2022 at 16:37, mackem said:

The musculature does indeed shout jaguar 👍 the pic is blurry because I screen-shot it ages ago from a bit of footage, and enlarged it, black animal walking down a deciduous hedge side, leaves off trees indicates winter? 

"Leaves off trees suggest winter", or perhaps the dry season...... overall brown grass etc suggest big cat in its native lands,  likely powerful male leopard, or a jaguar in a similar setting in S/America. Go for prior plausibility, a picture of a big cat somewhere with dead foliage, whats the most likely setting?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, sandymere said:

"Leaves off trees suggest winter", or perhaps the dry season...... overall brown grass etc suggest big cat in its native lands,  likely powerful male leopard, or a jaguar in a similar setting in S/America. Go for prior plausibility, a picture of a big cat somewhere with dead foliage, whats the most likely setting?

It's not south America, its not India, dry season doesn't totally defoliate plants like that, I have been in countries with dry seasons,i know what it purports to show and where it was supposedly taken  👍

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, mackem said:

It's not south America, its not India, dry season doesn't totally defoliate plants like that, I have been in countries with dry seasons,i know what it purports to show and where it was supposedly taken  👍

Drought cause leaf drop and that looks to be a drought by the grass.

2 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Your guess is that's a jag in South America? How many hedges have you seen in Brazil like that? Or India or Africa with leopard? Genuine question 🙂

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Down the bank, behind the hedge is a lake, there's reeds round it, would they also look drought stricken when rooted in lakeside mud and silt? 

Screenshot_20220103_160941.jpg.8bf17bbc977c020f4e0a34bcb7aa42a2.jpg

• Like 1
1 minute ago, mackem said:

Down the bank, behind the hedge is a lake, there's reeds round it, would they also look drought stricken when rooted in lakeside mud and silt? 

Screenshot_20220103_160941.jpg.8bf17bbc977c020f4e0a34bcb7aa42a2.jpg

what sort of dog is that mack...lab?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
37 minutes ago, mackem said:

Your guess is that's a jag in South America? How many hedges have you seen in Brazil like that? Or India or Africa with leopard? Genuine question 🙂

of the millions of hedges or ribbons of scrub around the world, perhaps just the other side of that patch of scrub on the right.

p08zqkh0.jpg.9da430adb4c2745bec61e208f05543cd.jpg

looking back towards a water hole.

1400697460_p08zqkh0(2).jpg.88368a6108a7f75f2a8acba1e04a4891.jpg

In truth its likely a fake pic but just because the bushes are out of leaf I wouldn't jump to the conclusion its the UK.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
27 minutes ago, sandymere said:

p08zqkh0.jpg.9da430adb4c2745bec61e208f05543cd.jpg

1400697460_p08zqkh0(2).jpg.88368a6108a7f75f2a8acba1e04a4891.jpg

Your OK Sandy, your politics are crap, but as a person you give off a good vibe, but those pics........ 

5dQU1Hy.gif

• Haha 6

, macs is quite a good pic which is why sandy is going for the next line of defence when a clear pic comes up, oh it’s in another country, this is why the perfect pic everyone wants is only a smal part of the picture, data gathering dna and the tooth pit analysis side of it is far more important, I stuck up a pretty clear photo of puma a few pages back, no one said a word I am assured it was taken in England but can offer no proof of were so it’s pretty meaningless, anyways even though it’s all a load of old bollox and I,m lying I,ve just been asked to go on bbc radio Gloucester and record a program soon, just finalising a few details and I,ll let you know when it’s on so you can have a good laugh 👍👍

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, mackem said:

Your OK Sandy, your politics are crap, but as a person you give off a good vibe, but those pics........ 

5dQU1Hy.gif

I struggle to rule out India though mate, they have flora that looks very similar to ours in some places over there. 

9 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I struggle to rule out India though mate, they have flora that looks very similar to ours in some places over there. 

Have a listen to the bloke that took these pictures mate, 12 hours a day for 5 years, and if he got 12 seconds of footage in a week he was chuffed, I,m not very clued up on tinternet but you can do a reverse internet search on macs picture and it will tell you were it came from, I had it done a few pages back with the mountain lion allegedly taken in Yorkshire, reverse search showed the photo was origanly taken in the states even gave the name of the bloke that took it  

6 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Have a listen to the bloke that took these pictures mate, 12 hours a day for 5 years, and if he got 12 seconds of footage in a week he was chuffed, I,m not very clued up on tinternet but you can do a reverse internet search on macs picture and it will tell you were it came from, I had it done a few pages back with the mountain lion allegedly taken in Yorkshire, reverse search showed the photo was origanly taken in the states even gave the name of the bloke that took it  

It was just my question to Mackem, plenty of wooded area in India looks like the woods and forests of the UK. 

I'm walking the dog, will look at the vid in a bit. 

7 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

It was just my question to Mackem, plenty of wooded area in India looks like the woods and forests of the UK. 

I'm walking the dog, will look at the vid in a bit. 

That’s why you,ll never spot f,a walking the dog looking at a phone, leave it at home your walk will be much richer 👍

• Like 2