• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

I've been hunting,fishing ,working around the FOD for 25 plus yrs...there's more than deer and boar up there ....I found some strange scat few seasons ago...and was informed by a trapper from the states that it was from a Raccoon....

What we see and what there is often at variance and a couple of sightings with thermal equipment in the noughties is not conclusive, they though they saw a big cat but “thought. Random footprints are equally subjective, a couple of million dogs plus wildlife making footprints daily, just through random chance some will look like a big cat.

Now a roadkill, confirmed to be a big cat and taken for examination, or a litter of kits found by people and taken to a wildlife rescue or a good phone video of a cat protecting its cubs or a wildlife camera recording or even a decent bit of CCTV video of a big cat would be a bit more like evidence. But as none of these things exist when they would if we had a population breeding in the UK, a very populace country, it must question the existence of big cats in the UK.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Robbusher said:

My dad’s friend swear he saw one opposite side of river  mile or so below harewood estate  on a steep bank with patches of gorse dark in colour but that was early 80s I’d have still been in nappy’s then I’m almost 40 now would love to see one I’d have to see one to fully believe or see a pic of one can’t believe hound packs don’t tree them if not adults at least cubs 

most hound packs don't know what to do with a fox since the ban?they wouldn't go near a big cat imo?

7 hours ago, Greyman said:

Leopard/puma size, front and back feet vary in size a bit, I generally fit my fist in one when I find them and your leading knuckle usually corresponds with the leading toe as they are not symmetric like dogs ??

F07DE75F-7233-4848-93C3-AF3021DD7BD4.jpegAnd if you find one like this start running as that’s a proper tiger size cat 

0091C25E-69AB-4083-87E9-F6863E560CE4.jpeg

Just the one print?

1 hour ago, keepdiggin said:

Just the one print?

Often the case in gateways etc it’s not often you get a good string but they do happen occasionally if your lucky to find them before it rains or they get raked over etc  ?

4D90EABB-9258-43D6-9DF9-94455FCEA5E9.jpeg

B75EF220-6B36-48CB-A3F5-C63BA1202272.jpeg

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

Often the case in gateways etc it’s not often you get a good string but they do happen occasionally if your lucky to find them before it rains or they get raked over etc  ?

4D90EABB-9258-43D6-9DF9-94455FCEA5E9.jpeg

B75EF220-6B36-48CB-A3F5-C63BA1202272.jpeg

Do you know where abouts that was mate?? Just out of curiosity..

11 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

No need to run as nothing there 

there never is . 

theses videos people make , they show house cats . They always do . 

no matter how you dress it up , in any way of “I’ve seen” in reality there is zero as in none evidence at all of big cats in the uk 

Agree with you on that , out of all the pictures and videos there either blurred or there house cats, thermals make badgers look like wild boars to newbies that’s not to mention the amount of trail cams that are all over the uk , and walkers ,campers,lampers,ferreters , hound packs etc etc and then you get the usual rubbish about farmers shooting them and burying them and not saying anything as they don’t want the grief or the pictures have been  taken as evidence blah blah , lads can’t help but take pictures of deers ,hare fox’s with there dogs if they saw or shot a cat it’d be all over uk faster than the Covid scare lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

WWW.PLYMOUTHHERALD.CO.UK

The spotter said the animal looked larger than himself

@Greyman about 30 miles from where we were last Wednesday 

Screenshot_20220629-214026_Earth.jpg

Your out and about now mate all the little pieces of the puzzle will show you they are there, all you need now are a few kills and some footprints and you’ll be on your way ??

Out for a mooch near a village called Loddiswell I never seen any big cats but could not help thinking out them as this was a real hot spot for a while back and still from time to time now. It's a large space owned by The Woodland Trust with great for dog walkers with some long rides in a heavy wooded valley. I have some permission near here and the Farmer has seen them and his daughter came within a few yards of one all black ones.

P1220800.JPG.146913d5caa230f2619d464d4a8c8dd7.JPG

990846047_Screenshot2022-06-30at15_23_38.jpeg.53b4b73650bc73df454270870b9c63cb.jpeg

P1220802.JPG.cc3e004a72a9d264df0ac59aba9413f2.JPG

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 5
  • paulus locked this topic