2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Looks very strange, definitely not a cougar if you ask me.

The heel print is tiny, cougars and other big cats have profound heel pads.

It is feline Only thing I would say in soft soil like that I would expect a line of tracks showing direct registry like this 

01C61EAF-FB9B-4726-A3EE-DC7ED453CAA3.jpeg

72DA0BA0-6954-4B1B-885F-2AF4460FF944.jpeg

• Like 1

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

Just now, BGD said:

Cats have 3 lobes on the heel pad, definitely not feline. TBH doesn't really look like a dog print either, maybe a man made hoax?

That's what I was hinting at when I said strange, the placement of the toe prints look very odd to me. 

So that gets one thinking, man in brick yard claims that there's a big cat wandering the place, shows footage of a cat that looks very small scaled next to a 3ft stack of bricks, shows a clip of a track that looks suspicious. It could lead one to think that there's a looney working in that brick yard? 

That's not me being an arse and taking the piss, it's me thinking logically. 

2 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I want it to be feline Only thing I would say in soft soil like that I would expect a line of tracks showing direct registry like this 

Fixed that for you pal ;)

5 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

That's what I was hinting at when I said strange, the placement of the toe prints look very odd to me. 

So that gets one thinking, man in brick yard claims that there's a big cat wandering the place, shows footage of a cat that looks very small scaled next to a 3ft stack of bricks, shows a clip of a track that looks suspicious. It could lead one to think that there's a looney working in that brick yard? 

That's not me being an arse and taking the piss, it's me thinking logically. 

Couple of little things cats tend to put weight on the toes and cats toes become more like that as the cat gets old they elongate and spread, ?p,s if you were going to fake it you would do better than that ?

Edited by Greyman
Just now, Greyman said:

Couple of little things cats tend to put weight on the toes and cats toes become more like that as the cat gets old they elongate and spread, ?

Why the tiny heel pad mate? 

Don't you think the suspect pad along with that unconvincing video that chances are it's not a cougar like the man claimed? 

1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

Why the tiny heel pad mate? 

Don't you think the suspect pad along with that unconvincing video that chances are it's not a cougar like the man claimed? 

To me the footage had some credibility and the footprint looks more feline than canine, the age of the footprint and the weather would also have some impact on it, against I would like to see the footage scaled properly and the print was on its own in soft soil, but the two pics I,ve put up are either great hoax,s or real don’t you think ?

9 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

Harmless? :blink:

I'll let someone else stumble on one and test that theory thanks.

METRO.CO.UK

Somerset has become a hotspot for reported sightings of the exotic animals.

Funny the picture is one of the first on this thread and to me it is only one thing, it’s not a dog,deer fox or badger and it has been scaled to show it’s exactly the right height and length of a leopard, I know were it was taken definitely in the uk and it’s a known hotspot for sightings, obviously other people see something different and for some they just like to try to look good by trying to turn everything into an argument, the animal is 22” at the shoulder with a body length of 33”, so without turning this into the normal nonsense can anyone give a good alternative as to what it could be apart from a large feline ?? 

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

Harmless? :blink:

I'll let someone else stumble on one and test that theory thanks.

METRO.CO.UK

Somerset has become a hotspot for reported sightings of the exotic animals.

Isn't there supposedly a few pics of the creature? 

3 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Isn't there supposedly a few pics of the creature? 

Yea few black blobs in the rushes. I think people see what they want to see, when it comes to blurred images. I remember the article saying that the person who took the photo's didn't know what it was till she went home and examined the photo's. Think that is typical with a lot of so called sightings.

For me, I see an animal with bowed front legs, and a docked tail. Do I believe its an animal with bowed front legs, and a docked tail, NO, but wouldn't blame someone else for thinking it was. 

Other people may see a big black panther, a dog, cow, or alien. With such a grainy image, it's just impossible to tell what it is.

• Like 1
Just now, EDDIE B said:

Yea few black blobs in the rushes. I think people see what they want to see, when it comes to blurred images. I remember the article saying that the person who took the photo's didn't know what it was till she went home and examined the photo's. Think that is typical with a lot of so called sightings.

For me, I see an animal with bowed front legs, and a docked tail. Do I believe its an animal with bowed front legs, and a docked tail, NO, but wouldn't blame someone else for thinking it was. 

Other people may see a big black panther, a dog, cow, or alien. With such a grainy image, it's just impossible to tell what it is.

When you read the story about it it doesn't take long to become suspicious, the lady who took the pics claims she didn't know the creature was on camera until she looked later on. 

I mean come on lass, it's a gret fcuk off animal that looks like a brick shit house. 

If I were to guess I'd say fake, probably a stuffed animal or toy. 

Reason I'm saying that is the obvious size and shape of the thing plus the fact that the pics cover a substantial area which means she would have had plenty of time to take multiple shots or even a video, instead you get one out in the open and two hidden away in cover, just doesn't add up for me. 

• paulus locked this topic