• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Francie said:

But they were Supposedly around for two million years greb until 250,000 years ago,an barely a couple of bones have been found. 

They've found countless other fossils buy not homo erectus,like hen's teeth.

I think yous bouts are worse,at least Grey's going after something real,yous BELEIVE in feck all,couple fragmented bones that are not even identifiable.

Keep her lit grey

I'm not sure why you keep mentioning homo erectus to support you're stance, Francie, but I was under the impression that homo erectus fossils have been found in widespread areas of Asia, Africa and Europe and have been subject to much investigation, including ct scans.

No one in palaeontology doubts they existed, so, again, I can't see what your point is ?

Cheers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Only reason I know I remember reading about it in local rag when I lived up there ?

An old mate back in the village he passed on now about 13yrs ago.he worked in a big colliery..and said when they were closing it down there was miles and miles of thick copper cable just left in the tunnels..must of been worth a fortune he said.what a waste..

1 minute ago, king said:

An old mate back in the village he passed on now about 13yrs ago.he worked in a big colliery..and said when they were closing it down there was miles and miles of thick copper cable just left in the tunnels..must of been worth a fortune he said.what a waste..

It might of been a sinkhole thinking about it ? Caused by mining ? but all the sheep and deer went in there . 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

What about you chaps in Ireland can you still own them over there? 

You need a licence for a dog in Ireland, but no licence needed for big cats, wolves, monkeys, alligators etc.

You're legally entitled to own them and no laws against it. Don't think the government even keep a register.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, baker boy said:

We left tunneling machines worth upward of half a million each underground and as you say miles of copper cable thick as a babys arm, there was literally thousands of tons of machinery and scrap left underground when the pits closed

What was the reason for all the wastage mate..to make the ££ books look bad..

Dai was on the machine cutting the coal face.and said they had huge hydraulic rams holding the ceiling up..he called it the squeeze coming on when the whole roof would start lowering down.he said the even the huge rams would struggle when the squeeze would happen..that's some environment to be mate.and I know you done a long stint down the pits..

1 hour ago, Francie said:

But they were Supposedly around for two million years greb until 250,000 years ago,an barely a couple of bones have been found. 

They've found countless other fossils buy not homo erectus,like hen's teeth.

I think yous bouts are worse,at least Grey's going after something real,yous BELEIVE in feck all,couple fragmented bones that are not even identifiable.

Keep her lit grey

turkana boy 1.5 million years old 

Rbaf2236ee3d1f8e70106fe39eb90512b turkana boy.jpg

Edited by greg64
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Yeah all costs on the pit mate, these ae the chocks that held Glamorgan up

yhttps://museum.wales/media/46382/thumb_480/72494.png

7 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Your mate Dai would be on 1 of these

Archive photos of North Wales mines from the day when coal ...

This is the big cat sighting thread; isn't there a pit section? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Your mate Dai would be on 1 of these

Archive photos of North Wales mines from the day when coal ...

2 brilliant pics there mate fair play..

He did tell me how they worked the face and left sections in etc..but I couldn't grasp it to be honest..and putting rings up for the next shift etc .

When the ceiling would come down a bit the surface wouldn't drop at all.so there must be a void in the rock above somewhere surely ? 

3 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

This is the big cat sighting thread; isn't there a pit section? 

Them pics are history right there mate..

2 hours ago, chartpolski said:

I'm not sure why you keep mentioning homo erectus to support you're stance, Francie, but I was under the impression that homo erectus fossils have been found in widespread areas of Asia, Africa and Europe and have been subject to much investigation, including ct scans.

No one in palaeontology doubts they existed, so, again, I can't see what your point is ?

Cheers.

My point is charts,ape to man evoloution is on its last legs,it's clear to see now even in evoloution circles,that all the homos lol erectus sapien,neandertal etc are humans,just a variation due to region an diet,an it makes sense.

Ffs even now there's people in the world who look like erectus,big brows,flat skulls.

To begin with there's barely slight differences in all the hominoids anyway,java man Lucy etc 

There's no inbetween.

Darwin seen what we see today,variation in the kind,due to region of the world an diet

• Haha 3
  • paulus locked this topic