• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

Its strange that there are never any kittens found or mothers protecting their young?, you'd have thought with a substantial breeding population in such a well populated country as this that it would be a regular occurrence. There'd be yearly adverts telling people who find young lions, leopards etc to leave them alone their mothers will be back along shortly?. In India leopard cubs are regularly found in sugarcane fields. At the very least one would expect the odd cub to be turning up in wildlife rescues, having become separated from its mother or found by a random wanderer, but never a one......

I'd imagine a lion in the local cat rescue would raise a few eyebrows and a cougar protecting its cubs is something that would be remembered.

So no film, no photos, other than a moggy in a caravan, no road kills, no cubs......

where does that lead us?

3 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Its strange that there are never any kittens found or mothers protecting their young?, you'd have thought with a substantial breeding population in such a well populated country as this that it would be a regular occurrence. There'd be yearly adverts telling people who find young lions, leopards etc to leave them alone their mothers will be back along shortly?. In India leopard cubs are regularly found in sugarcane fields. At the very least one would expect the odd cub to be turning up in wildlife rescues, having become separated from its mother or found by a random wanderer, but never a one......

I'd imagine a lion in the local cat rescue would raise a few eyebrows and a cougar protecting its cubs is something that would be remembered.

So no film, no photos, other than a moggy in a caravan, no road kills, no cubs......

where does that lead us?

Constant bickering on here.

• Like 3

There has been escaped big cat's confirmed in the uk and a few shot..

But the chance of a big cat escaping and then finding another escaped big cat has got to be 1 in a million chance surely..

Not a single person has been attacked by a big cat in the uk..if they did then there would be some serious damage to them I should think...

19 minutes ago, king said:

But the chance of a big cat escaping and then finding another escaped big cat has got to be 1 in a million chance surely..

Not a single person has been attacked by a big cat in the uk..if they did then there would be some serious damage to them I should think...

Injuries like this? 

_895643_cat_300.jpg

12 minutes ago, king said:

So says the internet rumour mill / Danny's. Not a shred of verifiable evidence that I've seen.

'Many Black Rivers To Croooss' (But, they find their way over :))

There was, of course 'The Kid'. Handy with a Stanley Knife, by all accounts. But, we shan't mention That. Or his harridan fukking genetic mental case aunt, or who ever it is, will appear here. Screeching like fukking Medusa.

There was also some beer gut. Manchester, or some such? Turned up in the red tops. Claiming he'd cornered a lynx between two houses. Those little alleyways they have? And got a scratched hand.

Aha! Greblet's opened Pandora's Box, even as I typed, look! ?

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, sandymere said:

where does that lead us?

Never one pushed from cover or ‘treed’ by fox hounds, or shot on the lamp.., I think there must have been hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions of foxes shot over the last few decades that these big cats are supposed to have been out there. And like you say, none killed by cars? By comparison, cougars are apparently ‘elusive and seldom seen’ in California, but around 100 are reported killed on the road each year.
Nowadays trail cams are a big thing, and they’ve been used to great effect in relatively small numbers to confirm presence of various big cats in countries around the world, yet no positive sightings here?
I don’t think it’s impossible, just extremely unlikely that they are out there. Some are convinced though, but what I find amusing and frustrating in almost equal measures, is the ‘proof’ offered up by so called experts. Tales of farmers who’ve known of them for years, or police cover ups. All nothing more than urban myth made up by attention seekers and the mentally deranged imho.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Injuries like this? 

_895643_cat_300.jpg

You can't really call that an injury..it's simply a little scratch.. imagine a leopard striking out with it's claw..there would be a proper slash on the cheek.how deep I don't know.but I don't think it would be a little scratch like that lad has got..a house cat could scratch a person like that..

10 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Injuries like this? 

_895643_cat_300.jpg

Small world,used to work with a chap who lived next door to this family.. The kids uncle is a local crackpot...trellach way?

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

That's spot on mate..a leopard is a seriously powerfull animal..that can kill prey with a single prolonged bite..and even drag it up a tree..

It puzzles the mind how it could inflict such a tiny scratch to the cheek...

• Like 1
1 minute ago, king said:

That's spot on mate..a leopard is a seriously powerfull animal..that can kill prey with a single prolonged bite..and even drag it up a tree..

Kid was walking his whippet and disturbed it...if the dog had had a drop of beddie blood in it...would be hanging on the wall?

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, king said:

Just to add.my gran had a house cat ginger bloody thing called "sandy" 

I would try and move it from the sofa when I was a kid..and it allways scratched my forearms nearly the entire length of my forearm..horrible thing it was..

It was great when it died I could sit on the sofa then..

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, king said:

That's spot on mate..a leopard is a seriously powerfull animal..that can even drag it up a tree..

Yep. And I personally spoke to the Leopard Keeper at Marwell about this. He told me they Never lose that instinct. Said even after generations of captive breeding. In enclosures. No competition. Fed off the fork. Leopards 'Always' Drag Their Shit Up Trees!

Why then is the British and (now, seemingly Irish) countryside not festooned with roe deer remains dripping from trees?

Nose tapping. Evasion. Or just plain silence will now ensue ?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Yep. And I personally spoke to the Leopard Keeper at Marwell about this. He told me they Never lose that instinct. Said even after generations of captive breeding. In enclosures. No competition. Fed off the fork. Leopards 'Always' Drag Their Shit Up Trees!

Why then is the British and (now, seemingly Irish) countryside not festooned with roe deer remains dripping from trees?

Nose tapping. Evasion. Or just plain silence will now ensue ?

That inbuilt instinct is quite an impressive trait..look at little song birds.they haven't been taught to make a nest.yet they do it generation after generation. It's weird how it's programmed into animals to perform such task's..

And yet it takes chimps 7 to 10yrs of watching an elder using hand tools like a rock to break open hard nuts. That isn't inbuilt into them..1 obviously worked it out though..

1 hour ago, sandymere said:

where does that lead us?

Hahaha you've the cheek,your very desperate to prove grey wrong,why is that? 

That top paragraph you wrote you could replace cat with homo erectus,ffs there non existent,not even a one full skeleton,but you still BELEIVE it.

Would suit you better if you could find homo erectus instead of waffling on here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • paulus locked this topic