5 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

It depends whether you mean facts or evidence . Id shy away from the word facts and go with evidence myself 

From what i gather the main hope of proving it is tooth pit analysis.  The spacing and shape of tooth bites on a skull or bone . I also gather that the bite mark of a dog and cat are different from the make up of their teeth . It seems some skulls are showing the hallmarks of a cat bite and not a dog . Now thats not evidence as such but it definetly a serious cause for investigation . I also definetly see the need to be cast iron 100% in your findings and look up and research every possible reason for it . 

Id take the 3000 posts with a pinch of salt , definetly 3/4 of the posts are pointless bickering and laughing,  a fair few are crap links to house cats.

As ive said being opiniated is fine , but saying your having a bit of fun just makes your argument for looking for facts a bit weaker 

Ive questioned some of the links and pictures posted on here but so has greyman.  Hes called loads of them bollocks hinself

As a disclaimer my father has seen one when i was younger and short time after a group of guys from outside the area came into the pub and said they had seen one in the forestry.  I dont have to doupt my dad or explain what a stand up guy , straight as a arrow,  never lies or any of that bollocks but i know him . Hes my dad and ive spent all my life around him and myself i know he didnt just make it up for sport or misjudged what what he saw .  I also know few men who have seen them . Their solid old fashioned guys and in my honest opinion they wouldnt put themselves up for the ridicule they got and risk their lifelong reputation as stand up guys for something they wernt 100% guaranteed they seen 

With all that long winded bollocks said .... i want evidence , and if it looks crap or someone points out a flaw i will call it or agree with it. But flip side if greyman or anybody else makes a good point that i cant argue with or is intriguing(tooth pits) i will let it run and see where it goes . Who knows , but its definetly interesting and having guys like greyman digging and getting out checking cameras is always a good thing and never a negative.  Imagine for 1 second he gets proof . A legitimate picture , no blur , no pixels , a big cat walking past the cam . Has proof of camera location and its all proved . Its definetly worth the effort 

Cracking post mate ?

• Thanks 1

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

It depends whether you mean facts or evidence . Id shy away from the word facts and go with evidence myself 

From what i gather the main hope of proving it is tooth pit analysis.  The spacing and shape of tooth bites on a skull or bone . I also gather that the bite mark of a dog and cat are different from the make up of their teeth . It seems some skulls are showing the hallmarks of a cat bite and not a dog . Now thats not evidence as such but it definetly a serious cause for investigation . I also definetly see the need to be cast iron 100% in your findings and look up and research every possible reason for it . 

Id take the 3000 posts with a pinch of salt , definetly 3/4 of the posts are pointless bickering and laughing,  a fair few are crap links to house cats.

As ive said being opiniated is fine , but saying your having a bit of fun just makes your argument for looking for facts a bit weaker 

Ive questioned some of the links and pictures posted on here but so has greyman.  Hes called loads of them bollocks hinself

As a disclaimer my father has seen one when i was younger and short time after a group of guys from outside the area came into the pub and said they had seen one in the forestry.  I dont have to doupt my dad or explain what a stand up guy , straight as a arrow,  never lies or any of that bollocks but i know him . Hes my dad and ive spent all my life around him and myself i know he didnt just make it up for sport or misjudged what what he saw .  I also know few men who have seen them . Their solid old fashioned guys and in my honest opinion they wouldnt put themselves up for the ridicule they got and risk their lifelong reputation as stand up guys for something they wernt 100% guaranteed they seen 

With all that long winded bollocks said .... i want evidence , and if it looks crap or someone points out a flaw i will call it or agree with it. But flip side if greyman or anybody else makes a good point that i cant argue with or is intriguing(tooth pits) i will let it run and see where it goes . Who knows , but its definetly interesting and having guys like greyman digging and getting out checking cameras is always a good thing and never a negative.  Imagine for 1 second he gets proof . A legitimate picture , no blur , no pixels , a big cat walking past the cam . Has proof of camera location and its all proved . Its definetly worth the effort 

See my post above. 

As for tooth pits, now I'm not going to say Greyman would do this but that could easily be set up by anyone who has a big cat skull surely? 

Edited by Greb147
  • Thanks 1

Agree with all of that apart from the wind up bit mate .Some are born to be whiners ,others to take advantage .Im arrogant ,that’s a given and rubbed more people up the wrong way than I care to mention which has lead to a pass time on here ,but in the cold light of day im no liar .The bit about people releasing big cats when the laws changed I’m fine with but as the thread has gathered momentum  we are lead to believe they are still about and breeding and upwards of 500 in the British Isles .This to me is ludicrous without definitive proof .Any study carried out by believers is to be taken with pinch of salt too .We need independent studies by wildlife experts not lay persons .Studies that scour the countryside not sticking up a few trail cams with grainy pics we are asked to go along with .

1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

See my post above. 

As for tooth pits, now I'm not going to see Greyman would do this but that could easily be set up by anyone who has a big cat skull I'm sure? 

That is a possibility aswell. But at a guess i reckon it would be quite difficult.  The force needes to create tooth holes in a skull of a deer or animal requires muscle on the head to force the holes through the skull. Whether you could replicate that with a big cat skull i dont know . You obviously would have force the teeth through a skull, the cat skull would presumably be a little brittle and might break with the force you put down . At some point tho you have to have a little trust i suppose . 

1 minute ago, Welsh_red said:

That is a possibility aswell. But at a guess i reckon it would be quite difficult.  The force needes to create tooth holes in a skull of a deer or animal requires muscle on the head to force the holes through the skull. Whether you could replicate that with a big cat skull i dont know . You obviously would have force the teeth through a skull, the cat skull would presumably be a little brittle and might break with the force you put down . At some point tho you have to have a little trust i suppose . 

But this evidence also needs to be backed up by science. 

Anyone could could do or say anything to suit their agenda. 

Like I said earlier, why haven't we seen any killed by cars or found the remains of any killed in territorial fights? 

I know what Shark was getting at but you would have thought that by now there would at least be one picture or video of good quality. 

2 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Being a brickie don’t help at all mate but being an agony aunt for the work force  etc definitely gives me an insight into human behaviour .The good ,the bad and the damn right disturbing all occurs within 9 households .

Im a good listener but they’ll get told my feelings on any subject as well .

Im very much a yes or no man and no amount of hype will sway something until I see it for myself .Others  are the other way about which is always a source for amusement for me .

Cant get my head round those who are so easily lead by those I perceive to be con men .

Life has shown me bullshitters  on a large scale being in the terrier game and taught me to listen more than speak whereby shit always has a habit of surfacing in time from those who like to shout loudest .

Right enough of the nonsence.

The fact is that no one can say they don't exist in the uk.

They done a few full sonar sweeps of loch ness and found nothing.not that I believed in the monster.

But surely there's a slim chance maybe even 0.001% that a few cats are indeed here.and yet again maybe not. Nobody knows FD 

So you saying you are going to keep on putting folks down on this thread ain't a good thing is it..

An open mind is a good thing surely.tunnel vision isn't a good thing...

Your missing the point again mate .Im open minded to facts ,hearsay and internet bollocks does nothing to support that .
Ill keep pulling up what I see is crap .Others don’t like it  but what do I care .

The difference between most replying on here and myself is they seem to pluck up courage to have a go in a crowd which is amusing and just leads to a wind up from me .The crowd is the gallery some play to egged on by idiots ,the perfect footings for a wind up .

5 minutes ago, king said:

Right enough of the nonsence.

The fact is that no one can say they don't exist in the uk.

They done a few full sonar sweeps of loch ness and found nothing.not that I believed in the monster.

But surely there's a slim chance maybe even 0.001% that a few cats are indeed here.and yet again maybe not. Nobody knows FD 

So you saying you are going to keep on putting folks down on this thread ain't a good thing is it..

An open mind is a good thing surely.tunnel vision isn't a good thing...

But the onus is on the people who are claiming them to be true, until they show hard evidence then it will be just another Loch Ness myth. 

4 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Agree with all of that apart from the wind up bit mate .Some are born to be whiners ,others to take advantage .Im arrogant ,that’s a given and rubbed more people up the wrong way than I care to mention which has lead to a pass time on here ,but in the cold light of day im no liar .The bit about people releasing big cats when the laws changed I’m fine with but as the thread has gathered momentum  we are lead to believe they are still about and breeding and upwards of 500 in the British Isles .This to me is ludicrous without definitive proof .Any study carried out by believers is to be taken with pinch of salt too .We need independent studies by wildlife experts not lay persons .Studies that scour the countryside not sticking up a few trail cams with grainy pics we are asked to go along with .

No problem with wind up merchants,  one of my best m8s is a c**t for it. Hes relentless and a pain in the arse sometimes .

And i dont think many have called you a liar on the big cat subject

On the people doing the research i can see your point.  But also in searching for something unexplained its difficult because the entire search/research is the quest to find a answer . If a guy 50/50 on the subject started research and in researching goes to see the tooth pit guys and likes what he hears.  He walks away from the lab thinking " maybe their more in this" . He starts to become a believer and does that mean his research after that point is compomised?

Id also think its difficult to get funding or that much interest from people that could afford or put together a good search or investigste it to a usefull level 

Like has been said, I can accept the odd escapee over the years, in fact didn't a lion once escape years ago and was captured a couple of days later? 

But the idea that there's a healthy breeding population of big cats, nar not for me. 

And Tbf to Foxdropper I'm sure I heard Greyman state ages ago that all will be revealed shortly after a full investigation, where was the reveal? 

Edited by Greb147
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Your missing the point again mate .Im open minded to facts ,hearsay and internet bollocks does nothing to support that .
Ill keep pulling up what I see is crap .Others don’t like it  but what do I care .

The difference between most replying on here and myself is they seem to pluck up courage to have a go in a crowd which is amusing and just leads to a wind up from me .The crowd is the gallery some play to egged on by idiots ,the perfect footings for a wind up .

Do you realise how fcuking petty that sounds. Your nothing more than a troll and you ain't calling nobody out on anything your merely making yourself look like the cnut you are. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

I'm probably  the most chilled person on here bud .I don’t go looking for shite but will call it when I see it .

The atheist views sit very well with me bud ,don’t need a third party to live my life by unlike some .I don’t need to go looking for answers ,the world ain’t stopping  if I don’t find them .
At ease with yourself makes up for any hankerings from elsewhere .

I think what Francie is getting at mate,and im inclined to agree....is that you are happy to believe that God doesnt exist without proof but you are denigrating Greyman for doing exactly what you are doing.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Like has been said, I can accept the odd escapee over the years, in fact didn't a lion once escape years ago and was captured a couple of days later? 

But the idea that there's a healthy breeding population of big cats, nar not for me. 

And Tbf to Foxdropper I'm sure I heard Greyman state ages ago that all will be revealed shortly after a full investigation, where was the reveal? 

Think it was a lynx in borth animalarium. I think a escaped lion would have the army after it 

Its fine to not believe it . You may be right who knows . Ive no idea how the illegal pet trade operates in this country and how prolific it is or how youd go about keeping illegal animals but maybe theirs still the occasional big cat bought by drug dealers or crazy people that still gets released

I dont recall greyman saying "all will be revealed shortly" . I think he said along the lines of whatever was being researched/looked into was looking good and their should be stuff released next year (not sure when he posted it or if my context is correct) 

I think if a sceptic was asking genuine questions he would converse with them over it . From what ive read he seems open enough to engage with people of all beliefs on it . But when people call him a cook, nutjob , fantasist and liar and laugh and belittle him i can understand why he doesnt bother entertaining them 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic