15 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Mate both Dartmoor and exmoor zoos have had loads of encounters, there are staff from them zoos that are interviewed in the podcast who have seen cats outside of the zoos, keepers that look after the same animals everyday and certainly would not mistake them for anything else when they see them out, but if you live somewhere that never gets this much activity it’s easy to see why people don’t believe, as you say mate you live in the middle of a hot area spend all your spare time outdoors and have yet to have a clear unmistakable sighting, there is always going to be negatives even a Chrystal clear photo will be called fake in the era of computer imagery or a captured caged animal or having been taken abroad, that’s why the science is actuall more important than the pic everyone so desires 👍👍

I was impressed with them scats you found, that how I would imagine them to be like. As for photos I have a bridge camera that has 24x zoom with anti shake and would stand a chance of getting a photo of something like a cat at a field away. Most people would struggle to get an image at distance with a smart photo unless its one of the latest. Its fine even with a camera if you have time to line up a shot but to be just walking along and see a fleeting glance, by the time you have lifted the camera it's gone. I sure it will happen right place at the right time with the right gear. More and more people with country skills are getting cameras with big zoom lenses. Some of the new bridge cameras have huge zooms now.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

We I thought I'd let you know how I got on meeting greyman. Drove and met him at his, quick cuppa and we were off down the motorway to meet 2 witnesses who had,  had an incounter with what they believ

Spent the morning chatting to a taxidermist from the natural history museum,his friend is a wildlife enthusiast from manang,sets a couple of camera traps up at 5000+ meters,thin air mountain country,t

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, CHEVINFOX said:

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

BPW_1277.JPG.5c328a195fa1f3414d060a9e76a4ac80.JPG

Just to let you know if Greyman doesn't have a place for it I'm sure I saw a Cougar the other day. 😊

• Haha 2

Found these the other day when camping in the mountains. No more than 50yards from our hammock set up.

Correct me if I'm wrong but they look very feline to me due to lack of claw marks. You can also see it seems to be following a deer (you can see the slot ahead of the tracks)

20200506_151646.jpg

20200506_152146.jpg

20200506_152221.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, CHEVINFOX said:

See my previous post, I have more chance of snapping one..... Pretty please can I have it Mr C? 😁😂

I'm sure I'm not alone on this but when I see something of interest when out and about I can honestly say the last thing I would think of would be reaching for my phone and the more it caught my attention the less I'd be thinking about getting a photograph. 

• Like 5
25 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Found these the other day when camping in the mountains. No more than 50yards from our hammock set up.

Correct me if I'm wrong but they look very feline to me due to lack of claw marks. You can also see it seems to be following a deer (you can see the slot ahead of the tracks)

20200506_151646.jpg

20200506_152146.jpg

20200506_152221.jpg

You get lynx in spain? 

You'll have to watch the dog it might get carried off next time

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

I'm sure I'm not alone on this but when I see something of interest when out and about I can honestly say the last thing I would think of would be reaching for my phone and the more it caught my attention the less I'd be thinking about getting a photograph. 

If it’s summat special I’d rather reach for a spliff an sit an watch it in peace, 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
24 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

You get lynx in spain? 

We do, big old Iberian Lynxs. Tbf when I go to this spot, the wildlife usually stays well away and Nobhead isn't shy about making his presence known. 

3 hours ago, CHEVINFOX said:

Mate sorry for not replying sooner have just walked through the door and checked in, I,m actually a bit lost for words at your kind gesture, I,m quite a stand alone type of person and find your offer quite touching thank you so very much,, if you are sure about this I would be over the moon with it and even if I don’t get a cat on it I see loads of nice stuff out that would be good to record thank you again 

• Like 10
48 minutes ago, mushroom said:

We do, big old Iberian Lynxs. Tbf when I go to this spot, the wildlife usually stays well away and Nobhead isn't shy about making his presence known. 

I know of at least one black leopard roaming about over there as a guy on the podcast had one dumped near him a few years back and it hangs around his property 👍👍

1 hour ago, keepdiggin said:

You get lynx in spain? 

Few signs of direct registry there mate were the back foot comes down on the hole left by the front foot, as you have a few lynx still over there it won’t be questioned, but obviously as they are not meant to be here no one looks or knows what to look for I found these in a gateway after a guy going to feed his horses saw a large sandy brown cat like animal  come out the gateway and disappear opposite in an instant, he thought he saw a puma and the tracks add weight to his claim 👍

0B6D77F0-F3C2-452F-8C1A-E18E8AD4209F.jpeg

C91A8829-A525-472B-AB5A-679B89AF6AC3.jpeg

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I know of at least one black leopard roaming about over there as a guy on the podcast had one dumped near him a few years back and it hangs around his property 👍👍

Da fook, I spend many nights out wild camping, in some very remote places :shok: Whereabouts in Spain?