• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

I always wonder how many people had private collections back in the day and what happened to them.. Approx 1971 there was a puma in a pet shop in wigan along with allsorts monkeys etc. i remember going in there with my nan and grandad age 7 looking at it. If there are any old uns from wigan on here they may remember it Tom Whalleys petshop.

Fish bowl petshop opposite Mowbray park in sunderland had a monkey when I was a kid that smoked ciggies :blink: the owner would give it a lit ciggie to amuse kids :yes: they also used to have cages filled with tiny tortoises for 50p or a quid depending on size
Did" ye lerim av a tab " before you hung him !!! Lol
  • Like 3

I always wonder how many people had private collections back in the day and what happened to them.. Approx 1971 there was a puma in a pet shop in wigan along with allsorts monkeys etc. i remember going in there with my nan and grandad age 7 looking at it. If there are any old uns from wigan on here they may remember it Tom Whalleys petshop.

Fish bowl petshop opposite Mowbray park in sunderland had a monkey when I was a kid that smoked ciggies :blink: the owner would give it a lit ciggie to amuse kids :yes: they also used to have cages filled with tiny tortoises for 50p or a quid depending on size

Hartlepool :laugh:

• Like 1

Same thing to a southerner like me . Lol
  • Like 1

Same thing to a southerner like me . Lol

Southerner here mate,surrey :thumbs:

• Like 1

Anyone remember the Hammer House of Horror episode where Peter Cushing plays a pet shop owner with a big cat collection in the basement? They were kept in their cages by an electric force field....haha.......of course it ends badly!

Silent Scream

post-89484-0-39516900-1498834466.jpg

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 1

quite a few people have come forward over the years and admitted to releasing them usually they work for the owner and when the dangerous animals act came in they were asked to go and let them go somewhere quiet,the largest number I have heard of was 16 cats in one go, it's why there are so many sightings around the Cotswolds because it was inhabited by many superstars who all had a big cat or small zoo in the garden after 76 it was illegal to own them but it only became illegal to release them in83 which was the era of the beast of Bodmin the beast of exmoor and many other beasts popping up in remote places, but as most of those original releases would have died of old age by now and the number of sightings is increasing year on year it's quite obvious they have been breeding and growing in numbers for at least thirty years, there are quite a few people in big cat research that think the Lynx has never gone extinct in England and the number of releases just boosted there numbers and added fresh blood to the few that were still here, I don't know, I find it a facinating subject and I need to prove what my eyes have seen beyond any doubt
  • Like 5

Anyone remember the Hammer House of Horror episode where Peter Cushing plays a pet shop owner with a big cat collection in the basement? They were kept in their cages by an electric force field....haha.......of course it ends badly!

Silent Scream

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

The episode was called Silent Scream,the pet shop scene was filmed in Chesham and the actual pet shop itself ended up as a halal butchers,bit of trivia ;)

• Like 2

I wish there was big cats in the uk but the chances of any of them released surviving long is slim, look at how long it takes to rehabilitate lions and other cats in Africa and you soon realise that a semi tame cat wouldn't last long over here. It is a shame tho, even the lynx would be nice to see on our own shores but unfortunately I don't believe they are here

there is a photo of a lynx shot in the uk a few pages back it was living in England, there are people on here saying they have seen big cats and there are around 2000 reported sightings a year, how would you explain it if they are not here and I,m not being argumentative I genuinely like to hear everyone's view,s and how you came to them?

I wish there was big cats in the uk but the chances of any of them released surviving long is slim, look at how long it takes to rehabilitate lions and other cats in Africa and you soon realise that a semi tame cat wouldn't last long over here. It is a shame tho, even the lynx would be nice to see on our own shores but unfortunately I don't believe they are here

there is a photo of a lynx shot in the uk a few pages back it was living in England, there are people on here saying they have seen big cats and there are around 2000 reported sightings a year, how would you explain it if they are not here and I,m not being argumentative I genuinely like to hear everyone's view,s and how you came to them?
I used to think there might be a few knocking about mate, but in this day and age were everybody has a camera on their phone, trail cams etc I'm convinced we would see more evidence and solid footage even just from these, never mind the fact that we have had film crews out all over the world finding and filming big cats yet they don't bother looking over here! If they can find snow leopards in the himalayas I'm pretty sure they could soon find a cat over here mate.
i have had seven cat sightings reported to me in June alone three of those were a mother with two cubs seen by multiple witnesses and another three were all in the same area alongside the m5 motorway by three different drivers so I can't ignore it and hopefully during our time here I will get all the parts of the puzzle to convince you

Loving this topic lad's....

I reckon these elusive big moggies would wind a young lad dressed in the finest realtree cammo( with his little camera phone) drenched in Lynx Afcria.... from miles away.. millions of years of evolution.. theses cat's are way ahead of the game..

Someone earlier said about a 'cat' being 20mins in front of hounds... says it all.. hounds bred for fox.. arn't they?? Cats.. just an incovienience??

• paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic