I'll bear that in mind , but obviously I always stick to the letter of the law and wouldn't want to risk my firearms . In all seriousness I don't know what I would do if I ever had that situation, if it was in one of my pens I do , but I think by the time I'd rubbed my eyes and wondered if I was seeing things it would probably have gone .

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

I used to subscribe to a magazine called fortean times as I had an interest in ABC's and cryptids in general,i kid you not they once forwarded a theory that the big black cats in the UK appeared from another realm,they were not of this world :blink:

Read some of this link....

http://kentbigcats.blogspot.co.uk/2007/06/fortean-times-june-2007-big-cats.html

anything named Fortean is named after a bloke called Henry fort I believe, he claimed that scientists were to quick to dismiss anything that fell outside the box or did,nt fit with there agenda so most things Fortean are about proving things that science refuses to except like big cats running loose in the uk, I believe his son or grandson still travels the world looking for animals that don't excist or are meant to be extinct, just to get the mystery going again what is this, I do know and will tell but interested to hear others points of view

Looks like a puma to me

Edited by beast

If you saw a big cat on the lamp how many would slip there dog

I have heard from a few that have mate and every story is the same the dogs run up won't engage and come running back tails down and act all clingy, the other thing with all the people that say I would shoot it course it or whatever is that it takes quite a bit for your brain to actually take in what you are seeing and normally you gather your thoughts after the encounter, it's all to fast to take in and process in a short time
  • Like 2

I used to subscribe to a magazine called fortean times as I had an interest in ABC's and cryptids in general,i kid you not they once forwarded a theory that the big black cats in the UK appeared from another realm,they were not of this world :blink:

Read some of this link....http://kentbigcats.blogspot.co.uk/2007/06/fortean-times-june-2007-big-cats.html

anything named Fortean is named after a bloke called Henry fort I believe, he claimed that scientists were to quick to dismiss anything that fell outside the box or did,nt fit with there agenda so most things Fortean are about proving things that science refuses to except like big cats running loose in the uk, I believe his son or grandson still travels the world looking for animals that don't excist or are meant to be extinct, just to get the mystery going again what is this, I do know and will tell but interested to hear others points of view

Looks like a puma to me

it is mate excactly the same as Mackem,s picture but your the first to get it, I just put it up to show how hard it is to ID from a picture, it has a tracking collar on so there can be know question, I can't add links as you know but a guy in America that does some of the best trail cam stuff is a bloke called David Neil's and his pictures are on a hosting site called Vimeo this guys footage is unreal, he has been a big help to me in my quest

I have heard from a few that have mate and every story is the same the dogs run up won't engage and come running back tails down and act all clingy, the other thing with all the people that say I would shoot it course it or whatever is that it takes quite a bit for your brain to actually take in what you are seeing and normally you gather your thoughts after the encounter, it's all to fast to take in and process in a short time
need your mastiff types bred for dealing with big cats dogo argentino boerboel American bulldog types but at 3 for a leopard ?

need your mastiff types bred for dealing with big cats dogo argentino boerboel American bulldog types but at 3 for a leopard
I reckon you would need some deep old pockets for the vet bill . Most of the clips I've seen with dogs on big cats, they are just holding them at bay , until a hunter finishes the job with a rifle .

I always wonder how many people had private collections back in the day and what happened to them.. Approx 1971 there was a puma in a pet shop in wigan along with allsorts monkeys etc. i remember going in there with my nan and grandad age 7 looking at it. If there are any old uns from wigan on here they may remember it Tom Whalleys petshop.

Read some of this link....http://kentbigcats.blogspot.co.uk/2007/06/fortean-times-june-2007-big-cats.html

Looks like a puma to me

it is mate excactly the same as Mackem,s picture but your the first to get it, I just put it up to show how hard it is to ID from a picture, it has a tracking collar on so there can be know question, I can't add links as you know but a guy in America that does some of the best trail cam stuff is a bloke called David Neil's and his pictures are on a hosting site called Vimeo this guys footage is unreal, he has been a big help to me in my quest

First thing I thought of when I saw the pic was mountain lion with tracking collar,distinctive cats.

I always wonder how many people had private collections back in the day and what happened to them.. Approx 1971 there was a puma in a pet shop in wigan along with allsorts monkeys etc. i remember going in there with my nan and grandad age 7 looking at it. If there are any old uns from wigan on here they may remember it Tom Whalleys petshop.

Fish bowl petshop opposite Mowbray park in sunderland had a monkey when I was a kid that smoked ciggies :blink: the owner would give it a lit ciggie to amuse kids :yes: they also used to have cages filled with tiny tortoises for 50p or a quid depending on size

• paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic