• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

On a side note, I've just read that a pine Martin spotted in Shropshire is believed to be from the recently released forest of dean group? 

Been finding strange scats along the river from Hadnock to biblins the last few months..... Sends the dogs Nutts, Up off the ground and on fallen trees and stumps.... They are not from anything I know of, maybe otters but I've not found any prints or the little slides they make to get in and out the water., they have a very distinctive smell so ruled them out... Bought a trail cam from aldis few weeks ago but not set it up yet.... Would of washed away the rain we've had this last few weeks and trees coming down in this wind. Only ever caught a glimpse of a pine Martin once in Scotland about 5 Yrs ago, and found 1 dead caught in a body grip trap on a log over a drainage ditch up there..... I've been reading up about skunks and raccoons being seen/caught not far from there? How much truth is in it I don't know?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, foxdropper said:

I lost a trail cam on a river looking for otters mate .Same river I found the prints .Whole tree was gone unfortunately .My cam was 4 foot off ground and to a good tree but never banked on that being washed away .

The wye been roaring through at 7 metres these last few weeks, untold damage caused. Will be very busy sorting out the swims etc in the closed season ?

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

The wye been roaring through at 7 metres these last few weeks, untold damage caused. Will be very busy sorting out the swims etc in the closed season ?

Seen the pics of wye an monnow online and skenfrith was awful again. 

There was couple of skunks loose when I lived up in the fod by Coleford once was killed by a car near traffic lights by glaxo Smith and other was caught down road in Millwall, that was a young one, I reckon they got loose as they were fetching good money so can't see why they would been released. Funny enough my ex wife had 2 at the time. 

7 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Been finding strange scats along the river from Hadnock to biblins the last few months..... Sends the dogs Nutts, Up off the ground and on fallen trees and stumps.... They are not from anything I know of, maybe otters but I've not found any prints or the little slides they make to get in and out the water., they have a very distinctive smell so ruled them out... Bought a trail cam from aldis few weeks ago but not set it up yet.... Would of washed away the rain we've had this last few weeks and trees coming down in this wind. Only ever caught a glimpse of a pine Martin once in Scotland about 5 Yrs ago, and found 1 dead caught in a body grip trap on a log over a drainage ditch up there..... I've been reading up about skunks and raccoons being seen/caught not far from there? How much truth is in it I don't know?

Their was a couple of coondogs on the loose around here . I got sent a video of one on a back lane by a forestry guy around here . Dont know if they were ever caught or killed 

I think if my memory serves, the figure is around 5000 raccoons living in the uk with South Yorkshire and Somerset known to have breeding populations, did have a guy who shot one in the forest in the last year or two, it was in his chicken coupe making a lot of commotion much like a fox and he shot it as it ran out expecting a fox, ?

• Like 2
On 29/02/2020 at 11:41, Daniel cain said:

Pine marten shit looks just like fox but thinner 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic