forest of dean redneck

Big Cat Sighting

53 minutes ago, tilimangro said:

I’d put the blokes name down on the not long for this world thread

If it’s the bloke I had an email about last week wants to keep two lions and a puma, I’d suggest the puma may be the first on socks rip list as the only thing they have in common is the word lion 🦁 

Here s a good old film from when it started, the reason they were seen so much was they were pets same reason they took the easy meals like sheep and attempted to grab things like cows, now they have naturalised they eat natural food like deer and avoid human contact,  👍

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Here s a good old film from when it started, the reason they were seen so much was they were pets same reason they took the easy meals like sheep and attempted to grab things like cows, now they have naturalised they eat natural food like deer and avoid human contact,  👍

Have you ever thought about using some kind of baited live trap in areas with high sightings. Wasmt there a fella in Scotland caught a big cat in one in the 70s ?

Only thing I could see going wrong would be the amount of foxes youd probably get to the trap before anything g else

My main problem with using any kind of attractors for me is I,m still a bit of a poacher at heart and my cameras are generally in places I should not be, train lines landfill sites a zoo and even a few behind the motorway crash barriers so attracting attention is not on the agenda for me though most other people who do what I do go about it in a much more orthodox way and wait to be invited onto land so yes that kind of thing would be more doable in those circumstances, many wildlife people use a certain perfume (Kevin clean ) as an attractor for cats and it’s meant to work well 👍👍

• Like 1

Kevin Clean does that signal eat me or shag me greyman ?

My birthday today the Mrs got me a trailcam looks like expensive kit to leave laying around. Like you I spend most my time this time of year wondering around land that hasn't been touched in 50year and I'm certain only I visit it.

Lots of animal trails criss cross it so if I get any moggie related stuff you will be the first to know mate.👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, MH1 said:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/crocodiles-puma-elephant-being-kept-14921738

Is this kind of thing regulated or for example, their "pet puma" escapes one day and they say it's died to avoid any trouble?

Is that the end of it or is there some sort of follow up?

They would have to get a vet to check the carcass so cannot just say it died instead of escaped

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MH1 said:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/crocodiles-puma-elephant-being-kept-14921738

Is this kind of thing regulated or for example, their "pet puma" escapes one day and they say it's died to avoid any trouble?

Is that the end of it or is there some sort of follow up?

It’s very regulated, re the dangerous wild animals act that came in during the 70s, big flaw it only became illegal to release them around 83 so any one that owned one and did not want to comply with the act were perfectly within there rights to take them off to Bodmin,Dartmoor and various other remote locations and simply let them go 👍

• Like 2

Couple of days ago cops in London were called to a house in Roehampton after the RSPCA  asked for their assistance,a passerby  had spotted an unusual muggy on a windowsill,turns out to be a full grown serval which it’s suspected was smuggled into the country.

I was told some years back that around a dozen cats a year still get seized being smuggled in( have never looked into it) makes you wonder how many don’t get caught, the serval is what a lot of the savanna/Bengal cat type things are bred from so would imaging it’s someone planning a get rich quick breeding project, all helps to top up the gene pool 😂😂😂

10 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I was told some years back that around a dozen cats a year still get seized being smuggled in( have never looked into it) makes you wonder how many don’t get caught, the serval is what a lot of the savanna/Bengal cat type things are bred from so would imaging it’s someone planning a get rich quick breeding project, all helps to top up the gene pool 😂😂😂

Magine some nosy cnut phoning the coppers Cos they saw an ususual cat in the window 🤯 what a world we Fcuking live in ☹️

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Magine some nosy cnut phoning the coppers Cos they saw an ususual cat in the window 🤯 what a world we Fcuking live in ☹️

Wouldn't even phone the cops if I saw a tiger sat in the window....I'd be straight on the blower to Greyman though lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There is a bloke down your way has a couple of clouded leopards, legally kept so you never no mate 👍

• Like 1