52 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

What your gut feeling from the vid Greyman?

Generally mate we give them a rating out of 10, and though a lot of its movement is very feline would say it’s still only around a 5/6 out of 10,  I personally think pictures of this quality tend to leave more questions than answers and sadly the better footage tends to get squirrelled away, as has been mentioned before it’s the3 Cs that are needed, a clear image, a captured animal or a corpse, this is a still from a video I was given a couple of years ago, was told it is taken in Scotland but without anymore providence it’s as useless as a blurry image, 

E4C4B16A-5458-480E-9D3A-E9A4A8473339.png

• Like 4

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Nicepix said:

Sigh! :rolleyes:

If the animal was as clearly distinguishable as you think it is there would be no need for debate on here. As I said before,it is easier to discount what it isn't and it clearly isn't a predator from the sheep's reactions. There are two sheep happily grazing just yards from it.  It also looks to be grey and doesn't seem to be feline in its movement in my opinion.

But, if you want to believe that a grey smudge is a lynx, then go ahead. Believe all you want. For all I know it could be Rudolph videoed by Santa as a prank.

Typical old bill! ? 

• Haha 1
18 hours ago, Accip74 said:

It’s obviously a lynx, the real question is is it a recent escapee, a release or from an existing population?

Obviously a lynx? From that footage?

4 hours ago, Greyman said:

Question everything mate only a fool takes others word as gospel ?

Agreed. Especially if you read the account that came with the video image;

Adam said he captured the outline of a 'huge animal' from a safe distance, some 600 to 700 metres away.

"It was a lot larger than a sheep, it had a tail, it walks, like a big cat.

"I reckon it's a leopard. In my head, I know what a jaguar is, I know what a cheetah looks like, and to me it looks leopardy.

"It was walking around the perimeter of the field. It started chasing the sheep."

The public of Plymouth are undecided:

image.png.a743997f3267afc807d18bdcfd59dbc3.png

3 hours ago, waltjnr said:

Typical old bill! ? 

At least if you'd been nicked by me you'd have been nicked proper. Not on some trumped up imaginary charge ? ?

For the record; I have posted on this thread before that I do not discount the chances of big cats existing in the wild in the UK. But statistically and logically this ain't likely to be one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Nicepix said:

At least if you'd been nicked by me you'd have been nicked proper. Not on some trumped up imaginary charge ? ?

For the record; I have posted on this thread before that I do not discount the chances of big cats existing in the wild in the UK. But statistically and logically this ain't likely to be one.

Yeah mate I’ll stick my neck out & say “obviously”, I’ve got no problem being wrong ?

No goat on your little poll mate ?

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

Yeah mate I’ll stick my neck out & say “obviously”, I’ve got no problem being wrong ?

No goat on your little poll mate ?

I am reliably informed that 22% of the 'Other' votes thought that it was a goat with a detachable tail and sometimes chases sheep, and also was very cheeterish.  :whistling:

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

I am reliably informed that 22% of the 'Other' votes thought that it was a goat with a detachable tail and sometimes chases sheep, and also was very cheeterish.  :whistling:

Prove it! ?

1 hour ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Video ain't clear and at 700m I doubt youd be able to notice distinguish features to rule out the type of cat surely ?

Where in Scotland was tht pic taken greyman.  

All I was told it was taken in Scotland I have a 20 second video but no more info, often wandered weather it was one of the ones being held for release in the Kildare forest, ????

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

All I was told it was taken in Scotland I have a 20 second video but no more info, often wandered weather it was one of the ones being held for release in the Kildare forest, ????

They wanted to bring wild lynx from Scandinavia to Kielder Northumberland, but government said no

6 hours ago, Nicepix said:

Only joking mate, and you and yours never got close ! ? 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Accip74 said:

Some nice footage of lynx in southern Spain on Attenborough earlier this evening............ honestly!

Enjoyed that and the wolves getting chased off that kill they made on the road by the farmers dogs ?

• Like 4
13 hours ago, Gilbey said:

They wanted to bring wild lynx from Scandinavia to Kielder Northumberland, but government said no

I no they did but the 5 lynx have been being held there for years, there was also a mass release of lynx by anti,s not to many years back that was kept quiet, from what I no of that one there were 15 lynx left unaccounted for after all the fuss had died down and others had been recaptured or hit by cars ??

9 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I no they did but the 5 lynx have been being held there for years, there was also a mass release of lynx by anti,s not to many years back that was kept quiet, from what I no of that one there were 15 lynx left unaccounted for after all the fuss had died down and others had been recaptured or hit by cars ??

It's 2 males and 4 females they want to bring over and the government have rejected it so far

2 hours ago, Gilbey said:

It's 2 males and 4 females they want to bring over and the government have rejected it so far

The government have rejected the release but the animals have been here for a while from what I can gather, the big guy with the beard who seems to be in charge of the project has a habit of pissing people off i,m told and is pretty uncompromising in his plans that has led to the project being put on hold, I am not worried about re releasing them as they are already here and do alright but I was interested to see if the captive tracked animals met up with a wild mate would they hush it up or admit the truth ???

• paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic