Just now, Nicepix said:

You are aware that they caught it and have identified it as a young panther.

" The animal, weighing about 20kg (45lb), is about five or six months old and the size of a small Labrador dog, Kader Laghouati from the Animal Protection League organisation in Lille told La Voix du Nord newspaper. "

In truth I just looked at the headline and thought released pet, be nice if it was the real deal though ✌️✌️

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Greyman said:

In truth I just looked at the headline and thought released pet, be nice if it was the real deal though ✌️✌️

Yes, it is thought to be a released pet. Apparently well cared for, but owner unknown. Obviously the authorities are keen to discover how and why?

I would think that most of the genuine big cats would be 1st generation lost / abandoned pets. Do you know of any that have bred?

38 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

Yes, it is thought to be a released pet. Apparently well cared for, but owner unknown. Obviously the authorities are keen to discover how and why?

I would think that most of the genuine big cats would be 1st generation lost / abandoned pets. Do you know of any that have bred?

Get one or two mother and cub sightings most years and even two large cats together would be either a mother and adult cub or a breeding pair as they are relatively solitary animals ?

13 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Get one or two mother and cub sightings most years and even two large cats together would be either a mother and adult cub or a breeding pair as they are relatively solitary animals ?

You would have thought by now that there would be at least sound footage of them calling, they are rather loud and distinct, the call will travel a good distance. 

Edited by Jobi
44 minutes ago, Jobi said:

You would have thought by now that there would be at least sound footage of them calling, they are rather loud and distinct, the call will travel a good distance. 

There are a lot of cases of calling but if you record it there is no way of proving were it was, a few people on the podcast have heard them calling I also have an app on my iPad that is used by American hunters for calling in predators has several rabbit distress calls, puma coyote and a few others have had a few hair raising experiences playing the puma call in an old disused quarry something I,ve only recently started doing but definitely think it has some legs, if you can work out when an animal will be in an area ?

10 hours ago, Greyman said:

There are a lot of cases of calling but if you record it there is no way of proving were it was, a few people on the podcast have heard them calling I also have an app on my iPad that is used by American hunters for calling in predators has several rabbit distress calls, puma coyote and a few others have had a few hair raising experiences playing the puma call in an old disused quarry something I,ve only recently started doing but definitely think it has some legs, if you can work out when an animal will be in an area ?

True but at least if there was video to go along with the footage it would at least make it somewhat believable. You have a much better chance of recording one calling then you have of seeing one as it can be heard a few km's away. 

Edited by Jobi
  • Like 2
On 20/09/2019 at 20:53, forest of dean redneck said:

Josh James the kiwi bushman put a post on Facebook about panther sightings today ?

Have had a few Aussies getting in touch through the podcast site ?https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/gloucester-news/family-big-cat-experts-go-3352365 this is quite funny as we have scaled the photos and it’s no bigger than a normal domestic also enhanced them and it appears to have a collar on, lot of nutters in this game ????

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

The sun newspaper were after sensationalising the story from what I have heard, it’s why you have to be very careful talking with certain tabloids, as once you have spoken to them they can twist and turn what you say to make the outcome suit there agenda, the mother seemed to suit the papers need for hysteria as well ?

19 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

She’s a bit melodramatic isn’t she? 

20 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

The sun newspaper were after sensationalising the story from what I have heard, it’s why you have to be very careful talking with certain tabloids, as once you have spoken to them they can twist and turn what you say to make the outcome suit there agenda, the mother seemed to suit the papers need for hysteria as well ?

19 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

She’s a bit melodramatic isn’t she? 

• paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic