Jump to content
forest of dean redneck

Big Cat Sighting

Recommended Posts

Saw pics at the comp that certainly make you think...besides that Greyman is a decent fella and doesn't try to force his views on you..either on here or in person... just shares his experiences..

It's an interesting subject and with the amount of escapees, released animals over the years shouldn't be so easily dismissed IMO...

Id love for greyman to achieve his own personal holy grail, and believe even if he did it would not be spread all over the net/press...I don't think he's that sort of person tbh.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep posting Greyman! Personally I am undecided as to if they are out there or not but I find this a very interesting thread and enjoy reading about your search to find an elusive big cat. I completely understand people’s scepticism but can’t understand why some feel the need to belittle you and undermine you, this is one of the few threads on here worth reading. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Thier Worst hobbies to have.roaming about the countryside is great.very relaxing.i personally think caravanning is a load of bollox,and golf cant make head nor tail of it.....but each to thier own.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Bobtheferret said:

Keep posting Greyman! Personally I am undecided as to if they are out there or not but I find this a very interesting thread and enjoy reading about your search to find an elusive big cat. I completely understand people’s scepticism but can’t understand why some feel the need to belittle you and undermine you, this is one of the few threads on here worth reading. 

Mm

 

8 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

 Thier Worst hobbies to have.roaming about the countryside is great.very relaxing.i personally think caravanning is a load of bollox,and golf cant make head nor tail of it.....but each to thier own.

 

28 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Saw pics at the comp that certainly make you think...besides that Greyman is a decent fella and doesn't try to force his views on you..either on here or in person... just shares his experiences..

It's an interesting subject and with the amount of escapees, released animals over the years shouldn't be so easily dismissed IMO...

Id love for greyman to achieve his own personal holy grail, and believe even if he did it would not be spread all over the net/press...I don't think he's that sort of person tbh.

Thank you all, nice to here ✌️✌️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea same as the other boys keep posting I find it very interesting. As said before most of my mates have seen them but not me. I'm totally convinced they're out there by the descriptions that friend and farmers have told me and not one of those sighting were reported.

Cheers Arry

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

At the beginning of all this when I first mentioned it I was asked by the collective on here if I would show someone that was elected by the members on here and considered trustworthy, the person that was elected to view it was socks, I drove 45miles each way to meet him at a pre arranged place near his home and shared a good breakfast with the man, we had never met before and both new nothing of the other, Ken is a very well travelled and knowledgable countryman with a wealth of experience he saw the video and put up his conclusion which was the same as mine that it was a large young cat the species not quite clear but certainly not a domestic, if I could upload it to my iPad I would show it but I don’t have the means or knowledge to do it at this time, I caught the same animal twice in the space of a week before it left the area as I never saw it again despite many cameras in the area for a further year, here is a still photo taken of my computer screen so lots of quality lost, also the movement of the animal and the thickness of its legs when it’s running are lost but you will have an ideal, you can see it if you want to attend the fishing comp and make your own conclusion I also have several more better than I,ve shown on here but they were given me in trust for that reason I will never publish them but I am happy to show them face to face and maybe by the next match I will have more ✌️

D4AD28E3-FC27-48D4-88DC-DBB1A695D4FA.jpeg

2FD762C7-5220-4CAA-8A3F-C72C3F3CF504.jpeg

yes I remember all that mate and the stills 👍 was just wondering what the cat fella thought, maybe you never sent it.

just to be clear, never once questioned YOUR two sightings, I'm in the seeing is believing camp, but haven't seen anything yet lol. Its just these silly news articles, pics, and things these experts come out with at times.. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

yes I remember all that mate and the stills 👍 was just wondering what the cat fella thought, maybe you never sent it.

just to be clear, never once questioned YOUR two sightings, I'm in the seeing is believing camp, but haven't seen anything yet lol. Its just these silly news articles, pics, and things these experts come out with at times.. 👍

I sent the film off to a guy who was on here he worked with cats and showed it to his colleges who all agreed that it was a cub of some sort but again not clear enough to positively I’d unfortunately the guy has since left to run a zoo I believe In Another country and has stopped posting or answering his emails, maybe he will try to sell it to the papers 😂😂 who knows 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/05/2019 at 11:10, Greyman said:

Just so you know if and when you do find anything but this is what a carcass scavenged by British scavengers will look like, very dried out as it takes several days, eyes plucked out by birds, bones mostly left in situ until they have deteriorated enough  to be taken away and eaten, unlike the one I showed that has been totally hollowed out of its vital organs first, is still full of pools of fresh blood and was totally consumed in one sitting plus rear legs removed as they usually are, here is another one to help you, this one was shot and consumed in 4 hours the cut round the neck is man made, that’s two deer consumed by one large predator and one deer consumed by many small scavenger, the picture on the right is a key point as it’s a rumen bag that is toxic to cats who only consume meat and bone  but is very desirable to omnivorous animals like fox and badger, hope that helps as we would hate for you to look like you don’t no what your on about and throw out any old shite👍

503D6E70-2198-4656-9C48-67D3936781AB.jpeg

3F1F031E-1869-4429-89D3-C9354CC3779E.jpeg

AFC8B567-F535-4CCE-B9A3-1C412890E1F9.jpeg

D9ED9E38-E7E9-4205-8008-A62F35C5C0DF.jpeg

Am afraid I am going to call ‘bollocks’ on this post, because I also have trail cam footage, of not only a deer been eaten in the way you describe by ‘big cats’, but also several foxes, and every time I caught foxes doing it.

 

Im not trying to rubbish the theory of cats as I do believe 😆 just saying this post is nonsense.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wake up every day,go to work,im looking for money,see a bit here n there,but not much,but one day i may stumble on the big money.were all searching for something😁😁😁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Rabid said:

Am afraid I am going to call ‘bollocks’ on this post, because I also have trail cam footage, of not only a deer been eaten in the way you describe by ‘big cats’, but also several foxes, and every time I caught foxes doing it.

 

Im not trying to rubbish the theory of cats as I do believe 😆 just saying this post is nonsense.

Exactly, people post daft pictures like this all the time saying its irrefutable proof of Big Cats, absolute rubbish, it's foxes, corvids etc!

Not a single sensible picture, video, body etc have I ever seen.

With a breeding population of 250 of one type alone, seems more than odd we can't actually find a single one.

Perhaps we need to call in Packham or Attenborough, Attenborough's crew always seem to find their target, seems finding a big cat in the wild in the UK would make an excellent program, so why don't they do it????????!

Edited by Deker
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Deker said:

Exactly, people post daft pictures like this all the time saying its irrefutable proof of Big Cats, absolute rubbish, it's foxes, corvids etc!

No a single sensible picture, video, body etc have I ever seen.

With a breeding population of 250 of one type alone, seems more than odd we can't actually find a single one.

Perhaps we need to call in Packham or Attenborough, Attenborough's crew always seem to find their target, seems finding a big cat in the wild in the UK would make an excellent program, so why don't they do it????????!

Give a TV production company an iota of proof,show them irrefutable footage they will be on the project like hounds,plough loads of funds into it,and come up with the goods.Theres 70 amur leopards in the wild,that's a third of the UK's supposed british big cat populations in an area that Britain would fit in multiples of times,yet TV companies capture footage of the amur time and again,getting the british cats on film for a TV company should be a cake-walk,no?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to agree with these lads ,makes no sense at all with the argument for it so far .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×