• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

On 25/09/2018 at 18:47, Greyman said:

Greyman, only quoted as I don't know how to 'tag' people.

What would be the main benefit of reintroducing the Lynx to the UK? Is it for deer amd fox control?

Seems mad to me that these animals were made extinct while man hunted and utilised the meat of the deer and hunted to control the fox population. Then 'man' decided we should no longer hunt deer and fox so let's reintroduce the lynx?! What a waste of deer meat! Surely they must have also been persecuted for attacking livestock etc at the time?

Not that I'm against the reintroduction either just trying to understand the argument. 

How far on with it are they? Has it started yet?

Also how far on with the uk big cat documentary are you guys, will it be aired this year?

Ry

• Like 1

Express newspaper page 28 today a "puma" photographed in cumbria,one of the TV newspaper reviewers,an American guy just said I didn't know you had pumas here,the others weren't so sure "Looks like a cat on a garden wall" and "its not very convincing".

big-cats-1012945.jpg

7 minutes ago, mackem said:

Express newspaper page 28 today a "puma" photographed in cumbria,one of the TV newspaper reviewers,an American guy just said I didn't know you had pumas here,the others weren't so sure "Looks like a cat on a garden wall" and "its not very convincing".

big-cats-1012945.jpg

Anyone with a pair of eyes can see it's a cat ffs

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, ryaldinhio said:

Greyman, only quoted as I don't know how to 'tag' people.

What would be the main benefit of reintroducing the Lynx to the UK? Is it for deer amd fox control?

Seems mad to me that these animals were made extinct while man hunted and utilised the meat of the deer and hunted to control the fox population. Then 'man' decided we should no longer hunt deer and fox so let's reintroduce the lynx?! What a waste of deer meat! Surely they must have also been persecuted for attacking livestock etc at the time?

Not that I'm against the reintroduction either just trying to understand the argument. 

How far on with it are they? Has it started yet?

Also how far on with the uk big cat documentary are you guys, will it be aired this year?

Ry

To be honest mate from my point of view there is no point in the project A as I already believe Lynx are here in small numbers doing ok and B Lynx probably spend more time on small game like rabbits( which seem in decline ) and birds than deer and will have very little impact on deer numbers, over the last ten years there has been a big push in what they refer to as rewilding by the eu, they have reared and released a lot of animals with very little consultation and an obsession with predators, first the big otter breed and release project, followed by polecats, next I think is pine martins, then you have the Lynx, I think they are hoping to go right upto wolves and bears without really accepting the world has changed a little, typical EU arrogance really, I,m not actually against the lynx project as it could highlight a lot of other stuff, it's our annual get together next month so I will find out about how  the film and the papers being drawn are going and get back to you, for anyone interested I will be at the forest showcase next Sunday in the Forest of Dean  on the big cat stand, it's a bit of a foodie event near coleford ???

• Like 1
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic