5 hours ago, Greyman said:

Go to episode 9 of the podcast and listen to what the dr doing the work has to say on the subject mate it’s easier than me trying to explain without some fat twat shouting everything down from the sidelines ?

Here’s an exert  from a paper written by ,then about the very same Dr Hemingway with whom I have personally spoken with .He’s very open about his work being used and twisted to suit a certain fantasy and says it’s ongoing .

“Most British Big Cat "evidence" is in the form of paw-prints and kills. These have been shown to tracking and trapping experts with experience of big cats in the wild in other countries. These experts are people whose livelihoods depend on them being able to identify big cat signs and track and even trap or shoot big cats. They identified almost all of the paw-prints as dog, with the remainder being too indistinct for identification. In the cases of supposed ABC sheep kills, those big cat experts noted that the pattern is consistent with dogs - lacerations to the neck and belly with the skin being removed from the neck and with the belly area being eaten. Dog packs tend to kill by evisceration. Big cats go for the throat or neck and leave four deep puncture wonds. Either the neck is broken or the prey is strangled. Big cats do not leave gashes in the throat. Dogs kill more messily and leave gashes. It would seem that most of these livestock kills are caused by dogs running out of control or gone feral.

During 2013, Dr Andrew Hemmings, a senior lecturer in animal science at the Royal Agricultural University in Cirencester, analysed the remains of purported "big cat kills" in Gloucestershire and neighbouring counties. Dr Hemmings examined 20 animal skeletons that bore unusual teethmarks. The remains were of livestock and deer, and had been found by farmers, landowners and volunteers in unusual circumstances that suggested they may have been killed by a big cat. He studied the bones in order to identify which animals had eaten the prey. In 15% of samples, he found that the "tooth pit" markings made by the predator's canine teeth had been inflicted by an animal larger than those living in the British countryside, such as badgers and foxes. Dogs' canine teeth can leave behind similar markings, so Dr Hemmings also examined the markings made by the carnassial (cheek) teeth used for cutting flesh. The carnassials of big cats are wider apart than in dogs, which should eliminate dogs as the predator in in some kills.

Dr Hemmings was unable to reach a firm conclusion in 17 out of 20 cases.”

Just to put  a balanced spin on what we are told ?

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Greyman said:

Go to episode 9 of the podcast and listen to what the dr doing the work has to say on the subject mate it’s easier than me trying to explain without some fat twat shouting everything down from the sidelines ?

Go to episode 9 of the podcast.....????????????????????

Not a clue, some basic instruction how that works or a link would be appreciated!!!

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Deker said:

Go to episode 9 of the podcast.....????????????????????

Not a clue, some basic instruction how that works or a link would be appreciated!!!

Sorry I,m not techie mate I just right bigcatconversation into google and away I go,?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Francie, said:

Im hunting 22 years fd,whats the point in putting stuff on here when youve boys crabbing you ffs look at the other thread for instance supposed hunters slagging off another hunter because hes not afraid to hunt on an they couldnt take it,jokers

Fair comment Francie .

2 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Fair comment Francie .

Theres a few men on here know me in person,just met with one couple weeks ago who is a v good terrier man an does not boast of his outings online,hes on here, iv no need for my ego to be stroked, but i might stick a wee story or two up in future fd?

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Francie, said:

Theres a few men on here know me in person,just met with one couple weeks ago who is a v good terrier man an does not boast of his outings online,hes on here, iv no need for my ego to be stroked, but i might stick a wee story or two up in future fd?

It's the attention seekers in all aspects of fieldsport activities that have done the most damage, for everyone

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Bakerboy said:

It's the attention seekers in all aspects of fieldsport activities that have done the most damage, for everyone

Its given the fuel for the fire bb,some of the vids i seen were just not called for,no wonder joe public hates hunting,but f**k joe public too,they wont be taking the moral high ground with me.

3 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

I think for some it’s just a fleeting pastime that comes to end mate .I’d say maybe that type has nothing to lose by posting things best kept to themselves .

Nothing wrong with legit discussion ,pics and vids but we know there's another side to it.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

I think for some it’s just a fleeting pastime that comes to end mate .I’d say maybe that type has nothing to lose by posting things best kept to themselves .

Nothing wrong with legit discussion ,pics and vids but we know there's another side to it.

I agree to a certain extent mate but there's been and are some lifelong fkn idiots in the game mate and some more interested in the fame than the game

• Like 4

There's always been arseholes f****n things for everyone else... long ,long time before  any acts were passed...news of the world,Cook report,list goes on...some of the biggest pricks I've ever had the misfortune to go out ,have all been 20 plus yrs older than myself... thankfully not everyone, but a very large proportion of them...you know soon as you step out into a field...I'd not spend another minute of my time around them?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • paulus locked this topic