38 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

WWW.GLOUCESTERSHIRELIVE.CO.UK

Sightings suggest Archie is still alive a year after he bolted into the over 200 square miles of woodland

I don’t think I’d want a dog back that had no recall like that also think folk are deluding themselves thinking it’s surviving off it’s own wits, I know several people that are out regular in the forest lots of trail cams and thermal users both private and the forestry ??

• Like 1

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, BEARINATOR said:

GM any sightings around the old lambton estate lately mate, sometimes walk the dogs down the river Wear past it to have a poach 

Which part the country we talking mate I can ask the guy that records sightings for us ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Ignore the neck wound his head was taken for a mount, but how many fox’s do you recon it took to eat this in under 4hrs ?

25EE7B7C-2645-460E-BED9-39719F098CA7.png

How do you know the times scale GM .Foxes bolt food at an alarming rate and can hardly move afterwards .Seen it loads of times on trail cam .They sleep by the carcass then start again when it’s digested .
That carcass looks to of been cut through the spine with an instrument then the fore quarters eaten by fox and badger .If that was given another night it would be gone .

4 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

How do you know the times scale GM .Foxes bolt food at an alarming rate and can hardly move afterwards .Seen it loads of times on trail cam .They sleep by the carcass then start again when it’s digested .
That carcass looks to of been cut through the spine with an instrument then the fore quarters eaten by fox and badger .If that was given another night it would be gone .

A hell of a strong arm and an opinel #8 ?

56 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I don’t think I’d want a dog back that had no recall like that also think folk are deluding themselves thinking it’s surviving off it’s own wits, I know several people that are out regular in the forest lots of trail cams and thermal users both private and the forestry ??

Id say it would be the opposite mate .We had feral dogs living here years back ,living off the land and they did very well until they were shot .

Plenty of game for it .Underestimating nature is a human trait .

7 minutes ago, king said:

A hell of a strong arm and an opinel #8 ?

Not hard to do that mate .Cut between the ribs and bend backbone back the other way til it snaps the cartilage between ,Even you could do it with instruction .??

3 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Not hard to do that mate .Cut between the ribs and bend backbone back the other way til it snaps the cartilage between ,Even you could do it with instruction .??

You little fountain of knowledge you ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

The guy shot it at 10 pm and went to recover it at 4am It’s pretty dried out so recon the consumption took place well before he recovered it, this one was hit by a car late at night in a country lane and was like this when I went back at first light as well the cutting tool is the carnassial teeth that are the teeth that leave the tooth pits, it’s how they also cut the ribs close to the spine fox’s and badgers tend to leave a bit more of a stump with a more chewed end  off to bed now so apologies if I don’t answer anymore ?

612AEFD2-5F20-4F60-BBA1-2764A288A6B3.jpeg

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Ignore the neck wound his head was taken for a mount, but how many fox’s do you recon it took to eat this in under 4hrs ?

25EE7B7C-2645-460E-BED9-39719F098CA7.png

I was always led to believe the big cats killed by getting into the neck/throat, and sometimes, in jaguars, the head? There's no bite wounds on this in those areas, and as another has stated, that carcass looks like it's been clean cut in half, even the grass where the back end would have been is clean as a whistle? To me it looks like a half butchered carcass dumped on the lawn, certainly not evidence of big cats in the UK....

Yokel

• Thanks 1

Wouldn’t a large cat carry that to a safer ,more secluded spot though rather than eat on the side of the road .Seen that plenty of times with road kill mate ,especially when we had a large badger population .

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Greyman said:

The guy shot it at 10 pm and went to recover it at 4am It’s pretty dried out so recon the consumption took place well before he recovered it, this one was hit by a car late at night in a country lane and was like this when I went back at first light as well the cutting tool is the carnassial teeth that are the teeth that leave the tooth pits, it’s how they also cut the ribs close to the spine fox’s and badgers tend to leave a bit more of a stump with a more chewed end  off to bed now so apologies if I don’t answer anymore ?

612AEFD2-5F20-4F60-BBA1-2764A288A6B3.jpeg

Quite a lot of soft ground to the left, any paw prints, or did it stick to the tarmac?

Yokel

• Like 1
  • paulus locked this topic