Tracks in the snow/frost can be very telling, but if any big cats are in the country I suspect they stayed in last night, I wish I had, hit a low of -11 where I was and I wished I hadn't gone out!

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Deker said:

Tracks in the snow/frost can be very telling, but if any big cats are in the country I suspect they stayed in last night, I wish I had, hit a low of -11 where I was and I wished I hadn't gone out!

I was out last night ratting .-8 in the ruck on the way but I’d say it dipped a fair bit before midnight .I stayed until 2 and it warmed up to a balmy -5 on the way home .Managed 46 rats though all adults .No foxes or large mammals seen .

Full thermal kit on though from shirt to leggings under decent stalking gear .After a while of mooching from shed to shed I never noticed the cold tbh .Did see a little owl trying his luck for mice around the sheds .

48 minutes ago, Greyman said:

As it’s a school day, cats toes spread and get longer with age mate, ?

Maybe so but look at the paws on that excellent picture you’ve been given .Cats toes fan out to either side the back heel no matter the size ,age or grid reference so yes it is indeed a school day ,for you ???.

In contrast ,dogs ,wolves and vulpines toes are in line with the out edges of the heel unless damaged .

• Confused 1
32 minutes ago, Deker said:

If he actually did that I'm very impressed.   Best I can do is paint a wall, I have no artistic flair at all.

:good:

He did genuinely draw it mate, he’s a strange one, someone near me dog died last year and they offered to pay him to do a portrait he declined there offer then just knocked that out for me as a gift, he also has Parkinson’s which makes it even more incredible ??

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for you he says inspired by the video you showed me the other week and promptly disappears into his boat, comes out and hands me this which he just drew, what do you recon I,m absolutely gobsmacked, ?

41518339-519B-47AC-8DF9-AC80DA0D9CC9.jpeg

99FBDD66-DCAD-4C8D-B6A3-B8B624075133.jpeg

Looks abit like a puma 

only joking brilliant that 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Another "expert" claims a fox is a cat ?

How do you get to be an EXPERT on Big Cats in the wild in the UK, seeing as we don't seem to have any....the obvious answer looking at that is........... you DON'T!

Edited by Deker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Deker said:

How do you get to be an EXPERT on Big Cats in the wild in the UK, seeing as we don't seem to have any....the obvious answer looking at that is........... you DON'T!

Self appointed title after promoting themselves as ? write a book on unicorns, moth an, Mongolian death worm your an expert on the subject, likewise british indigenous leopards. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, sandymere said:

Another "expert" claims a fox is a cat ?

2 hours ago, Deker said:

2 hours ago, mackem said:

Self appointed title after promoting themselves as ? write a book on unicorns, moth an, Mongolian death worm your an expert on the subject, likewise british indigenous leopards. 

Probably be you three experts advising the bbc then I,m surprised they haven’t been in touch already, I think they are after a couple of cut and paste experts ???

• Haha 4
2 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Probably be you three experts advising the bbc then I,m surprised they haven’t been in touch already, I think they are after a couple of cut and paste experts ???

Your taking it personal again ? Merry Christmas Greyman, from the quackem Benn household ???

• Like 1
  • paulus locked this topic