9 minutes ago, EDDIE B said:

Here's one. Why does Gloucester seem to be the epicentre of big cat sightings? Not only one species either, but several different species of cats, and numerous different sightings.

It seems to be a fairly common thing these days. These sightings confirmed by the experts. Most knowledgeable people on big cats, so therefore must be true.??

Think about it. Several different species, with sightings being common. Therefore, their must be hundreds of cats in Gloucester alone.  Are we talking thousands, or tens of thousands throughout the Country?

WWW.GLOUCESTERSHIRELIVE.CO.UK

'I said to my partner we have to turn around, I have just seen a big cat'

Ok Eddie you can come to ?? the real reason for the amount of sightings here is quite obvious if you look at things logically, most of our large woodland and moorland areas were used to dump unwanted pets back in the day ie exmoor,Bodmin and the COTSWOLDS the Cotswolds covers half of Gloucester and the environment is absolutely spot on ie deep remote valleys open fields below and an abundance of prey species then the final ingredient was its closeness to London made it home to many pop stars and actors the types to buy these exotic pets, also the types to just discard them when the novelty wore off or the law changed, and now Gloucester is being built on at an alarming rate so unlike Bodmin and exmoor the population is exploding hence more eyes, it’s not hard to find the truth if you look and just stop shouting liar at everything you see, yes people do make mistakes and people do tell lies but not on the scale or consistency of this phenomenon, look at the environment it’s perfect ? 

F2B3A295-EA3C-446D-9569-D7E4DC28294C.jpeg

84922DAC-F4F8-45A4-B66C-2335344308AC.jpeg

8993EFAD-FE82-497D-929B-AC2C0B5EB634.jpeg

6F7E1963-26FE-491C-85C1-4DCF0778FDFF.jpeg

• Like 4

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Deker said:

????  Enlighten me, what is that, what is it meant to be showing and when/where was it taken???

I'd say in all likelihood it's more likely a wallabie rather than a big cat in the UK but  in reality its a common or garden  moggy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Greyman said:

Ok Eddie you can come to ?? the real reason for the amount of sightings here is quite obvious if you look at things logically, most of our large woodland and moorland areas were used to dump unwanted pets back in the day ie exmoor,Bodmin and the COTSWOLDS the Cotswolds covers half of Gloucester and the environment is absolutely spot on ie deep remote valleys open fields below and an abundance of prey species then the final ingredient was its closeness to London made it home to many pop stars and actors the types to buy these exotic pets, also the types to just discard them when the novelty wore off or the law changed, and now Gloucester is being built on at an alarming rate so unlike Bodmin and exmoor the population is exploding hence more eyes, it’s not hard to find the truth if you look and just stop shouting liar at everything you see, yes people do make mistakes and people do tell lies but not on the scale or consistency of this phenomenon, look at the environment it’s perfect ? 

G, 2nd  pic down, canis lurcheris unfamiliaris?

? ?

Edited by shaaark
  • Haha 1

If there were  big cats of a population that could be self maintaining in places like Gloucestershire we would have a multitude of  irrefutable evidence in the form of mobile cameras, cctv, cubs being found, road kill and lots of dead sheep. As we have none of these the reality is there is no such population. Take Slimbridge WWT, having a large area of reasonably undisturbed land packed full of tasty morsels to attract a feline predator,  deer, geese, ducks etc. But in spite of it having been studied by expert naturalist for many years  there is no evidence of big cats frequenting the place. Yet a little brown bird blown of course from America, almost indistinguishable from a sparrow, will be spotted, recorded etc within minutes of its arrival. 

So no records in the thousands of camera traps across the county and no presence in the multitude of well studied and monitored wildlife areas in the county. No road kill, no cubs ever found,  etc etc.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
38 minutes ago, sandymere said:

If there were  big cats of a population that could be self maintaining in places like Gloucestershire we would have a multitude of  irrefutable evidence in the form of mobile cameras, cctv, cubs being found, road kill and lots of dead sheep. As we have none of these the reality is there is no such population. Take Slimbridge WWT, having a large area of reasonably undisturbed land packed full of tasty morsels to attract a feline predator,  deer, geese, ducks etc. But in spite of it having been studied by expert naturalist for many years  there is no evidence of big cats frequenting the place. Yet a little brown bird blown of course from America, almost indistinguishable from a sparrow, will be spotted, recorded etc within minutes of its arrival. 

So no records in the thousands of camera traps across the county and no presence in the multitude of well studied and monitored wildlife areas in the county. No road kill, no cubs ever found,  etc etc.

No evidence because all the Lizard people ate them 

4 hours ago, Greyman said:

shame no one ever has a camera on the phone aye greyman ?

• paulus locked this topic