4 hours ago, mackem said:

But I can back up anything I have ever said, not a daily basis but I used to get around a bit ? I spent the first six months of this year In ottawa, back there in two weeks, I have never been personal to you, I just don't believe in cats here, but you get quite personal ?

IMG_20221129_100241.jpg

Nah, I dunno mate - that picture looks a bit photoshopped :hmm:

Firstly, the shadows from the blokes legs look wrong. 

Secondly, I belive that you'd be impulsed to have a regular tidy shave for the camera.

Lastly, I thought you'd be taller :laugh: :thumbs:

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

@Greyman just out of interest , I took those pictures in the training area of loldaiga in Kenya , a large cat , possibly a juvenile male lion or a leopard according to the local guides have patrolled just past our static position through the course of the night . 

has a set of tracks so defined and clear ever been seen In the uk that wasn’t a plaster of Paris paw print impressed or pushed into sand on a golf course ….?? 

• Like 1
On 24/11/2022 at 19:14, Nicepix said:

I only came across one report of a big cat sighting and had no involvement in it. The video that those two youtubers put up included some pretty compelling accounts from witnesses including a big cat keeper. But, not including that fruit cake stately home owner. Not to say he didn't see one. Just wouldn't put any credibility on his account of it.

There aren't the "men in black" to my knowledge. In real life it would be the council or highways dept who would be called out and possibly told to keep it quiet. Nobody in authority would want to admit that cats are loose as then they would be obliged to do something about it. Might be whispers in the pub or canteen, but no press releases. 

That is my take on it. 

Just out of interest nice pix , a highways agency lad makes what ? 25 - 30k per annum , say for example a car cleans out a large melanistic leopard down on the A303 or up in the A9 and he gets the call off the traffic policeman to come and organise uplift ….

bearing in mind that the story has peaked and troughed for decades , it’s one of the biggest stories that could possibly leak in the uk regarding wildlife , 

Who the f**k would be “let’s bag it’s and get it in the incinerator “ when in reality they’d be sitting on a veritable goldmine with the inevitable front page spread and you tube interviews ??? 

all for what? The ability to be dangling off the back of a lit up truck dripping cones ion a dual carriageway in the pissing wet rain ?? ??

when it comes to big cats , all reasonable thought goes  out the window , and therein lies half the problem imho 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Just out of interest nice pix , a highways agency lad makes what ? 25 - 30k per annum , say for example a car cleans out a large melanistic leopard down on the A303 or up in the A9 and he gets the call off the traffic policeman to come and organise uplift ….

bearing in mind that the story has peaked and troughed for decades , it’s one of the biggest stories that could possibly leak in the uk regarding wildlife , 

Who the f**k would be “let’s bag it’s and get it in the incinerator “ when in reality they’d be sitting on a veritable goldmine with the inevitable front page spread and you tube interviews ??? 

all for what? The ability to be dangling off the back of a lit up truck dripping cones ion a dual carriageway in the pissing wet rain ?? ??

when it comes to big cats , all reasonable thought goes  out the window , and therein lies half the problem imho 

Assuming the hypothetical highway worker knew about the value (if any), history of the big cat situation, etc, etc. I'm sure there would be some who were aware and would bag a trophy shot for personal bragging purposes, but deliberately breaching management rules that could lead to a sacking and the consequences of that?

I'm in total agreement with the post about the credibility of some witnesses not being challenged or ignored by people with no personal experience of the bigger picture. I'm also sceptical about people like Minter making money out of this. Having some small experiences of publishing I would be surprised if he makes more than pocket money out of it. But what he might get is personal prestige and a raised profile that means a lot to him, even if it is unworthy. 

12 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

@Greyman just out of interest , I took those pictures in the training area of loldaiga in Kenya , a large cat , possibly a juvenile male lion or a leopard according to the local guides have patrolled just past our static position through the course of the night . 

has a set of tracks so defined and clear ever been seen In the uk that wasn’t a plaster of Paris paw print impressed or pushed into sand on a golf course ….?? 

These are some of the better ones I’ve seen taken in the Forest of Dean but if you believe that someone made the golf course ones with a mould then your opinion will probably be the same about these and any other that you see ?? but here is yours for comparison ?

0735DA74-50AB-4C69-8084-E45A0A5B6165.jpeg

1B1E0CC4-4B39-45DE-898B-32EADCB8BFCD.jpeg

B3E341FE-1AC9-47F7-8A39-2259F4730AA5.jpeg

DA4EBFE4-4EDF-4708-84AF-418021F87C95.jpeg

FC8185B9-0A1D-4DBF-91CF-2E78B11BA61A.jpeg

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

Assuming the hypothetical highway worker knew about the value (if any), history of the big cat situation, etc, etc. I'm sure there would be some who were aware and would bag a trophy shot for personal bragging purposes, but deliberately breaching management rules that could lead to a sacking and the consequences of that?

I'm in total agreement with the post about the credibility of some witnesses not being challenged or ignored by people with no personal experience of the bigger picture. I'm also sceptical about people like Minter making money out of this. Having some small experiences of publishing I would be surprised if he makes more than pocket money out of it. But what he might get is personal prestige and a raised profile that means a lot to him, even if it is unworthy. 

Your listening to Mac to much if you think rick makes a penny from this, the book was written in 2011 I think, I have a few mates that have written small run books and to a man everyone has lost money but thought it was worth it as they had a message to tell, Rick has also provided me and others with cameras and the talks we do in pubs clubs etc are free to come and see the tent we take to country fairs also costs and Rick pays for it all ??

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Your listening to Mac to much if you think rick makes a penny from this, the book was written in 2011 I think, I have a few mates that have written small run books and to a man everyone has lost money but thought it was worth it as they had a message to tell, Rick has also provided me and others with cameras and the talks we do in pubs clubs etc are free to come and see the tent we take to country fairs also costs and Rick pays for it all ??

I kmow some people who had to self publish as the topic was too niche and not enough mainstream for publishers to consider. They both lost over £1,000 which is why it is termed 'Vanity Publishing'.

26 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

Would a geezer who puts cones out and sweeps broken indicator lights off the carriageway be held on a contract of non disclosure?? I very very much doubt it as they don’t even need sv vetting mate and in reality any legal brief worth his salt would extrapolate his client from such a debacle anyway …

anyway , I don’t believe any highways agency worker has ever been placed in that scenario so it’s all conjecture  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Would a geezer who puts cones out and sweeps broken indicator lights off the carriageway be held on a contract of non disclosure?? I very very much doubt it as they don’t even need sv vetting mate and in reality any legal brief worth his salt would extrapolate his client from such a debacle anyway …

anyway , I don’t believe any highways agency worker has ever been placed in that scenario so it’s all conjecture  

I don't think it will be in any contract, just a quiet word. And, to be fair, it probably wouldn't be those who deal with cones, etc. In South Yorks they sent the Enviromental Health arm of the Highways Dept  for small animals or the knackerman if the animal was too big for them. But, as you say, it hasn't been an issue yet. I don't know where the men in black came from, but imo that is nonsense.

That’s what I’m hinting at , if in this imaginary scenario , a real big wild living feline had been involved , and sone geezer came over and was all “we shouldn’t be telling anyone about this , it’s not for us to say “ 

you’d tell them to f**k right off wouldn’t ya ? It ain’t exactly in the interests of national security is it ??  

• Like 4

For f**k sake stiff .You’ve just f****d up 463 pages of pure genius .Don’t you know reason is a dirty word and if your against it your an idiot .

The GM who never ventures far from the marina apparently will be on your case and calling you all sorts of names before the days out .

He can’t except some spend their lives outdoors and can back up every word they say .It’s a great pity he can’t back up one single statement or this would of been a two pager .
Ive offered him to come up for a night to look through a proper thermal but so far blanked the post along with several others .He does that when the going gets tough .

It’s great that at least one cat spotter knows what a cat shape looks like in a thermal but it’s not a big cat as he would have us believe .

All gone a bit Pete Tong for the old boy ?????

You know when he’s flailing cos he starts resulting to name calling .?

• Haha 1
40 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

That’s what I’m hinting at , if in this imaginary scenario , a real big wild living feline had been involved , and sone geezer came over and was all “we shouldn’t be telling anyone about this , it’s not for us to say “ 

you’d tell them to f**k right off wouldn’t ya ? It ain’t exactly in the interests of national security is it ??  

recon the reality is it would be all over social media before "some geezer" had even got his keys in the car. if a President of the USA couldn't cover up a dalliance with an intern does anyone really think multiple big cats could be covered up......?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
9 minutes ago, sandymere said:

recon the reality is it would be all over social media before "some geezer" had even got his keys in the car. if a President of the USA couldn't cover up a dalliance with an intern does anyone really think multiple big cats could be covered up......?

Agreed Sandy .There’s just too many factors that don’t add up that we are told is all part of a cover up .

Nothing can be covered up these days ,nothing .

• Like 1
  • paulus locked this topic