3 minutes ago, shaaark said:

You do know some of the people that claim 'there are no big cats in britain' are farmers, who are out 'on the land' every day.

Then there are others, who are out on the land every day, that will tell you that there DEFINITELY  big cats in this country.

A thousand 'breeding population?'  No way. 

A small ish breeding population, very feasible.

Even if their was only 2 or 3 cats that are living wild and had been for years it would still be something amazing

• Like 3

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

I can easily believe some people are trying to deceive. People do it all the time in every walk of life about loads of bonkers stuff . I met a guy once in a pub who swears he was shagging barmaids on pool tables at 5 years old , look you straight in the eye and tell you aswell ? . Most if not 90% of the pictures in papers are of cats and its painfully obvious they are . Cant really consider the newpapers and online news sites as valid journalism because all they want is clicks and sales . Some of the people who claim to have seen them are barmy,  if they didnt see big cats they would be seing jesus in their toast or something stupid like that instead . I think the number of 1000 breeding sounds crazily hight and as mackem has posted and pointed out several times the guy does have a slightly weird past

But i feel its hard to believe every single person who claims they have seen one is either mistaken or one of the above . Ive never seen one and ive said what i have heard somehwere deep in the depths of this thread before but its a absolutly fascinating subject and i think its interesting some people can so flatly and bluntly dismiss it with 100% certainty THAT THEY DONT EXIST. I can see a valid point in arguing the big numbers some have claimed but to claim every single (country type person or hunter) who has seen one is either a liar or doesnt know what their looking at it odd . Especially when some of the people saying this are on other threads talking goverment coverups etc

Ecatamont. Those who claim there are no big cats loose are no different from those who claim unlikely high numbers. 

1 hour ago, Nicepix said:

Ecatamont. Those who claim there are no big cats loose are no different from those who claim unlikely high numbers. 

So we should go middle of the road and fully embrace they are out there is that what you are saying .

Im open to it ,always have been the only thing holding me back from being a geek is that ugly word proof .

If they are there it’s only a matter of time before enough proof is presented .

What this thread should show people is that those who feel the need to push the agenda will grab at any tiny bit of normal occurrence and twist and maximise its link to there being big cats roaming our countryside .

The recent vid put up is of a female Siamese ,watched the vid so many times it’s engrained in my head .She cats develop flabby skin folds in front the back legs as they mature which it evident in the  vid .

Unless that’s an American redwood tree to the left ,there’s no way it’s a cat larger than a large Siamese .

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Nicepix said:

Exactement ? OK, this is going around in circles ? any british book on mammals, no big cats, UK nature programs, no big cats, those who say no big cats living in the UK are realists, the exact opposite to those who say we have breeding populations, ok, we will get tooth pit analysis, DNA swabs,scaling etc, but, and I know here we go again ? Where's that one hundred percent accepted by everyone as genuine pic? No, those who say no big cats, I am one of them, aren't the same as the McGoverns and Minter, we are just average people who don't believe non-indiginous big cats live in the UK, because no ones ever proved the negative. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, Gilbey said:

Must mean in public zoo's, was at least one privately owned one on that Britain's tiger kings program

Same one mate though he did have a partner up until recently but they were the only two ?

AB84A790-95B1-404F-9780-5486FF78985D.jpeg

Edited by Greyman
  • Thanks 1

Not aimed at anybody in particular, but just a small insight, if we were so mad as to want to deceive you all,both exmoor and Dartmoor zoo have been great ally,s to our cause for years as they both know what is going on outside there fences, I could get hair samples the same as stool samples to use in this deception, they have helped in the toothpit work and other stuff, Rick minter also has contacts in America and India and again has access to all the dna and photos he would need to prove this case to some if he were a dishonest man and finally he is a government advisor on rural affairs so not really the local looney and I’d much rather listen to him than a bloke that claims to be travelling the world on a daily basis though never leaves here or a fat has been that still likes to play the dick without ever meeting anyone or substantiating any of the drivel that comes out of his mouth below is a pooh sample from the leopards cage used as a visual aid to identification not sent off to a lab as evidence, as I,ve said before I think people capable of sitting on the side lines calling everyone a liar are only able to think like that because they are judging people by there own standards, have a good one I,m off out into the foggy world outside 

5334021A-6016-472B-B195-3B114B143B84.jpeg

18860729-9181-4A6D-9F31-ADCCD3436A4A.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
25 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Not aimed at anybody in particular...... I’d much rather listen to him than a bloke that claims to be travelling the world on a daily basis 

But I can back up anything I have ever said, not a daily basis but I used to get around a bit ? I spent the first six months of this year In ottawa, back there in two weeks, I have never been personal to you, I just don't believe in cats here, but you get quite personal ?

IMG_20221129_100241.jpg

• Like 2

As I said not aimed but if the hat fits crack on, 

47 minutes ago, mackem said:

But I can back up anything I have ever said, not a daily basis but I used to get around a bit ? I spent the first six months of this year In ottawa, back there in two weeks, I have never been personal to you, I just don't believe in cats here, but you get quite personal ?

IMG_20221129_100241.jpg

Your calling me a liar on a regular basis to me that’s personal, and now you start crying for getting a little dig, I said not aimed at anyone but the hat obviously fits well and now the shoe is on the other foot mr Ben, ?oh and here’s me in India the other day  ???

C82A3DD0-65AB-4077-AC4A-9107C435CCC1.jpeg

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

As I said not aimed but if the hat fits crack on, 

Your calling me a liar on a regular basis to me that’s personal, and now you start crying for getting a little dig, I said not aimed at anyone but the hat obviously fits well and now the shoe is on the other foot mr Ben, ?oh and here’s me in India the other day  ???

C82A3DD0-65AB-4077-AC4A-9107C435CCC1.jpeg

Got to say, that Mr Benn clip the other day had me in stitches.

Used to watch it all the time when I was a youngster ? ?

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, jim-nazium said:

Very interesting. Few questions I would like answered if possible. 

The lifespan of a cougar is around 8-12 years according to Google and i assume similar for most wild big cats. If we're assuming they started populating the countryside in the 80s with the dangerous animals act. Are we now to believe that we are several generations on? How many do the believers estimate there is wild?

If so can these cats interbreed between species and produce offspring? If not are we suggesting that a pair of the same type of cats male and female managed to happen upon each other after being released into the UK countryside?

Regardless of what anybody says many people on here are out trawling the countryside in areas heavy populated with deer. Why aren't we commonly seeing carcasses in trees etc ?

Today over 90% of people have smart phones and the number of cars on the road and ownership is constantly rising in the uk. How often are foxes,  badgers, rabbits seen dead at the side of the road. Surely if there was big cats here one would have been hit and photos would have been taken ?

For me there's no evidence at all to suggest there is a breeding population of big cats. The odd   escapee or animal owned illegally turned loose possible at most.

I also note the fella on here with the most interest in these cats has had personal insults thrown at him and he has resorted to throwing some around which is pointless in getting to the bottom of things. However it has been said the non believers are thinking simple and not open minded enough to think outside the box. Are the believers open minded enough to think they may have been deceived and admit they have been chasing something that has never been there ?

Many thanks

James Nasium

Greb, britain always had it's own population of big cats.  For thousands of years.

Many thanks

Felis silvestris

?

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
40 minutes ago, jim-nazium said:

The lifespan of a cougar is around 8-12 years according to Google and i assume similar for most wild big cats. If we're assuming they started populating the countryside in the 80s with the dangerous animals act. Are we now to believe that we are several generations on? How many do the believers estimate there is wild?

If so can these cats interbreed between species and produce offspring? If not are we suggesting that a pair of the same type of cats male and female managed to happen upon each other after being released into the UK countryside?

Regardless of what anybody says many people on here are out trawling the countryside in areas heavy populated with deer. Why aren't we commonly seeing carcasses in trees etc ?

Today over 90% of people have smart phones and the number of cars on the road and ownership is constantly rising in the uk. How often are foxes,  badgers, rabbits seen dead at the side of the road. Surely if there was big cats here one would have been hit and photos would have been taken ?

For me there's no evidence at all to suggest there is a breeding population of big cats. The odd   escapee or animal owned illegally turned loose possible at most.

I also note the fella on here with the most interest in these cats has had personal insults thrown at him and he has resorted to throwing some around which is pointless in getting to the bottom of things. However it has been said the non believers are thinking simple and not open minded enough to think outside the box. Are the believers open minded enough to think they may have been deceived and admit they have been chasing something that has never been there ?

Many thanks

James Nasium

James Nasium !!

Pretty good Greb ??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, jim-nazium said:

Many thanks

James Nasium

Hey greb

• Like 1
4 hours ago, mackem said:

IMG_20221129_100241.jpg

Ottawa, faaack off, that's Penrhiwceiber forest in the background!!  ?

• Haha 1
  • paulus locked this topic