• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

Usually in those type of videos locals are hitting them with sticks and seem confused when the cat attacks them

16 month old girl has been taken in the past few months, three separate people attacked, officials think the attacks are the work of several cats. 

3 hours ago, mackem said:
WWW-DAILYMAIL-CO-UK.CDN.AMPPROJECT.ORG

They have been driven to the verge of extinction in Britain. But after nearly two centuries...

Them wildcats are a good size, even the kittens have monster pads but I wouldn’t class them as a big cat

• Like 2
Just now, BEARINATOR said:

Them wildcats are a good size, even the kittens have monster pads but I wouldn’t class them as a big cat

Yup, Devon Tigers is a bit of an exaggeration but the re-wilding bit is interesting if it comes off. 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Pretty sure derek gow is the fella who owns the rewilding place /glamping  site I stayed at in summer . They had wildcats in breeding pens there ?

Whats their long term plan mate, numbers etc? 

17 minutes ago, mackem said:

Whats their long term plan mate, numbers etc? 

I think they are building numbers up for releases but from what I can vaguely remember the plan has just stalled ? Something to do with the people in Scotland  ??
Also I don’t think they can import any fresh bloodline in from Europe due to us leaving the eu so much red tape ? 

it was interesting there they had 2 sites one near the farm/water vole breeding centre they had couple wild boar there one with a litter, primitive horses ,sika in a penned field and 3 neutered rescued lynx .

up the road was the glamping site with another parcel of land that had 3 ? bison , primitive sheep , exmoor ponies , Tamworth x boar pigs , beavers in pond ,and near the huts  some storks in aviary , and the wild cat pens.?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

I think they are building numbers up for releases but from what I can vaguely remember the plan has just stalled ? Something to do with the people in Scotland  ??
Also I don’t think they can import any fresh bloodline in from Europe due to us leaving the eu so much red tape ? 

it was interesting there they had 2 sites one near the farm/water vole breeding centre they had couple wild boar there one with a litter, primitive horses ,sika in a penned field and 3 neutered rescued lynx .

up the road was the glamping site with another parcel of land that had 3 ? bison , primitive sheep , exmoor ponies , Tamworth x boar pigs , beavers in pond ,and near the huts  some storks in aviary , and the wild cat pens.?

Sounds an interesting place, only seen wildcats in zoo's,I don't know why they can't just import breeding stock, but as you say Brexit means no FOM for EU nationals like Eastern-Europeans (including wildcats). 

• Like 2
  • paulus locked this topic