Just now, Nicepix said:

I don't disagree with the claim of up to 1,000 by Minter. It is the way that quote is phrased that triggers my suspicion. Journalists are always twisting things. The word fierce is I think a journo's word. So I wonder if they might have amended a lower suggested estimate with a high ceiling of 1,000 with "up to "?

No, Minter is the UK's numero uno big cat expert/author/podcaster, he broke the 1000 big cats down into species mainly leopards, yes journalese could be fierce but the number is Minters, he also said he has seen a 10/10 bit of footage of a mountain lion filmed in the UK but can't divulge it due to poachers and scaring hikers ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

So I wonder if they might have amended a lower suggested estimate with a high ceiling of 1,000 with "up to "?

If a journalist misquoted you you would pull them up on it, that 1000 is quoted on a few pages online, he hasn't reduced it. 

• Thanks 1

Try zero ,thats 0 for any divvies and spectrum readers .No amount of speel by anyone counts for shite without proof .The very same proof that is so top secret that it becomes myth and legend ,the end goal for deluded cat hunters .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, mackem said:

If a journalist misquoted you you would pull them up on it, that 1000 is quoted on a few pages online, he hasn't reduced it. 

You can't pull them up after publication on things like this. We had a dog that should never have been selected, but it was. 6 months later it had to go and was rehomed with a journo. Basically the dog was demotivated and wouldn't put the effort in. He ran a short article in the local rag about getting a failed police dog as a pet. That story was picked up by the nationals and exagerated. The international English language papers in Europe added even more. Within a week we had journos from Oz and the States asking for quotes about the dog who by then had apparently gone to sleep  while chasing a criminal. 

That is why I am suspicious about newspaper claims.

44 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

That is why I am suspicious about newspaper claims.

I am more suspicious of a bloke who claims 1000 big cats in the UK, mainly leopard, writes a book on them, does lectures, gives interviews,has a documentary, but no 100% proof ?

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, mackem said:

I am more suspicious of a bloke who claims 1000 big cats in the UK, mainly leopard, writes a book on them, does lectures, gives interviews,has a documentary, but no 100% proof ?

so he's trying to convince people that 1000 leopards are wandering around the uk..with no proof..

It's like this crazy woman who seen bigfoot in Scotland crazy cnut needs sectioning ?

THEFACE.COM

What is the mysterious humanoid that keeps being seen in British woodland? James McMahon...

1 hour ago, Robbusher said:

I think if they were here someone would tree them with pack of hounds everyone got a camera phone now in there pocket or someone’s dogs would have found cubs but I’d love to be proved wrong 

Would hounds chase the scent of one?

If there on fox?

@mackem

3 hours ago, mackem said:

Have you a link to that please? 

Big cats in the UK are all but proven.

You tube.

Wouldn't know how to put a link up if you explained it to me half a dozen times!!  Lol  ?

Yep, just watching it again now.

Carl's the knob, and callum is the real tosser.

Just thought I'd clear that up for you, in my own mind. 

That's just how I took that clip.

Regardless of others opinions lol.  ?

Edited by shaaark
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, shaaark said:

@mackem

Big cats in the UK are all but proven.

You tube.

Wouldn't know how to put a link up if you explained it to me half a dozen times!!  Lol  ?

Yep, just watching it again now

Thank you, I just watched it, Big cats in the UK are "all but proven" which is a catchy title but bad wording, "all but proven" to anyone with basic comprehension of the English language all but means not basically so a better title would have been "No proof of big cats in the UK" 

• Like 1
  • paulus locked this topic