• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

I don't think it looks all that big to be honest. Bipod to butt fully stretched out. 

Good work none the less..?

Agreed mate but it does highlight the confusion people see when they catch a glimpse of a cat stalking the hedgerows .

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

I don't think it looks all that big to be honest. Bipod to butt fully stretched out. 

Good work none the less..?

It’s auntie Bessie’s pet from down the road and a made up story  ffs, ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

So just something I'm curious about. I know back in the gap it wasn't uncommon for the week to do to import exotic animals from all over to "hunt"  though I his was more of an eastern thing, was this ever done in the UK at any time ?

Still wouldn't surprise me if some rich prick wanted to relieved daddies big game hunting legacy on his private estate 

24 minutes ago, Greyman said:

It’s auntie Bessie’s pet from down the road and a made up story  ffs, ?

Pot kettle black cat ffs .You can’t lie straight in yer bed Paul .

Your supposed to be on all this shit but failed to hear about the cat supposedly roaming the outskirts of Wootten Basset ,some detective you are .

Was about 12 year ago I’d say .

Well there it is ,bagged, tagged and binned .

Stick to the shite Paul and leave the real truths to those who know exactly what the truth is .

I also snared one of those fancy spotted things if you want the pic .That was also meant to be a large cat near Chippenham .

Again stick to the fantasy you believe not the truth others know as it seems to evade you time after time .

28 minutes ago, Wolfdog91 said:

So just something I'm curious about. I know back in the gap it wasn't uncommon for the week to do to import exotic animals from all over to "hunt"  though I his was more of an eastern thing, was this ever done in the UK at any time ?

Still wouldn't surprise me if some rich prick wanted to relieved daddies big game hunting legacy on his private estate 

I have been to a place like that, Calauit an island just off palawan, giraffe zebra and antelope roam around, the island was sequestered back in the 1970's by president marcos (the current presidents dad) as a private hunting reserve, all the inhabitants were kicked off and it was just used for Marcos and his mates hunts. 

43 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Pot kettle black cat ffs .You can’t lie straight in yer bed Paul .

Your supposed to be on all this shit but failed to hear about the cat supposedly roaming the outskirts of Wootten Basset ,some detective you are .

Was about 12 year ago I’d say .

Well there it is ,bagged, tagged and binned .

Stick to the shite Paul and leave the real truths to those who know exactly what the truth is .

I also snared one of those fancy spotted things if you want the pic .That was also meant to be a large cat near Chippenham .

Again stick to the fantasy you believe not the truth others know as it seems to evade you time after time .

The only thing I heard from you was the wolf of Wiltshire you dreamer, your photos are from the 80s 90s and do nothing to prove or disprove anything that is going on outside today, a bit like the thermal footage you put up, total shite I,m sure you’ll be able to put all the links up about you killing the beast of basset and saving the day you clown ?

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, Wolfdog91 said:

Still wouldn't surprise me if some rich prick wanted to relieved daddies big game hunting legacy on his private 

An embarrassing number  of the animals we hunt in the UK are aliens; descendents of  imported animals. Some were exotic curiosities, pets   or farmed species that escaped . Things like Chinese water deer, muntjac, grey squirrels ,rabbits, wild boar hybrids  and American mink are the ones that come easily to mind . Even blxxdy parakeets!

Accidental escapes aside ; for better or worse an awful lot of animals were brought into the country to deliberately increase the diversity of  quarry .

It's  not a recent thing . A starter- pack  of breeding fallow deer from the Continent  was considered a suitable gift for a King , politician or nobleman by the Romans and Saxons. Then in the medieval period  the really serious business of   Royal hunting forests began  . These were areas where  existing quarry species  and   stocked game were nurtured  and defended from the inroads of starving ,smelly peasants , until the time came for them to be used by the monarch himself or his favoured Barons . .  The fallow running about our country today are partially  descended from these   medieval releases and probably to a greater extent from the private deer parks of a more recent period . 

Certainly by the 1600s native wild boar were becoming scarce enough to warrant various attempts to re establish them as quarry by  importing  animals  .  Landowners and poachers tended to put an end to the these projects.

Ironically the rise in farming wild boar hybrids for gourmet meat in more recent years led to escapes. The UK now has a growing feral population of the things and they are legitimate quarry.

Then we come to the obvious ones like  pheasants and red-legged partridges. 

Not so obvious is the fact that some of our 'native' quarry is not as native as you might think . Roe deer and foxes have been imported when local populations have been in decline Hares have been shuffled about all over the place.

As for clandestine African style big game hunting ?  Dunno.

I've read that in the past the odd coyote had been released and that jackels turned up in batches of foxes imported for hunting.

Don't  even get on the subject of alien fish species that some clever dicks think we need to spice up our angling waters.

?

Edited by comanche
  • Like 5
4 hours ago, mackem said:

I have been to a place like that, Calauit an island just off palawan, giraffe zebra and antelope roam around, the island was sequestered back in the 1970's by president marcos (the current presidents dad) as a private hunting reserve, all the inhabitants were kicked off and it was just used for Marcos and his mates hunts. 

All due respect,  what the f**k are you ? .  Whatever job youve got i want , your all over the world doing stuff

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, Greyman said:

The only thing I heard from you was the wolf of Wiltshire you dreamer, your photos are from the 80s 90s and do nothing to prove or disprove anything that is going on outside today, a bit like the thermal footage you put up, total shite I,m sure you’ll be able to put all the links up about you killing the beast of basset and saving the day you clown ?

Nobody said it was relevant today neither did I say my thermal vid was anything other than a fox like the one you put up as being a cat ffs .Get real Paul .The Basset panther as it was called was nothing more than a feral Tom .As soon as I shot it ,no more tales .

What wolf of Wiltshire you babbling about Paul .I sent you a pic of a dogs paw and asked if you’d heard anything .You sent me a Facebook link to a missed dog fitting the paw colour .If you want to lie Paul ,please write it down because the old grey matter has been pickled by all that weed your smoking , another reason why you can’t really be trusted to relay  the truth regards anything .

Theres a definite link on this thread and the weed thread of members who both smoke the herb and see large cats .Tell me that’s just coincidence Paul .

If you read back you’ll see I’ve identified a cat in a thermal vid .If you disagree no problem but before standing by anything that dosnt fit with that movement or outline just imagine me sat on your shoulder telling you not to be a twat .

Wheres the vid of the  cat and kittens and the new ultimate thermal vid of a cat in this country that your so thrilled about .

Time to face the music Paul and put us out our misery ?

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, Greyman said:

What I’ve noticed about you Paul is  that as soon as someone puts up anything real time that dosnt support your agenda it’s straight into childish playground piss taking .If that’s how you want the thread to go that’s fine by me bud ,I can take the piss certainly as good the next man and better when the materials there .Nothing I’ve written is wrong and can be backed up by pics and vids ,can you say the same ?

• Haha 1
It's  not a recent thing . A starter- pack  of breeding fallow deer from the Continent  was considered a suitable gift for a King , politician or nobleman by the Romans and Saxons. Then in the medieval period  the really serious business of   Royal hunting forests began  . These were areas where  existing quarry species  and   stocked game were nurtured  and defended from the inroads of starving ,smelly peasants , until the time came for them to be used by the monarch himself or his favoured Barons . .  The fallow running about our country today are partially  descended from these   medieval releases and probably to a greater extent from the private deer parks of a more recent period . 

Hampton court palace last week,went in to watch the rut and eat in the golf course ,herds of fallow still in there,Henry 8’ths quarry.

8170762D-F4E8-4232-8731-7D434162AF3B.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
11 minutes ago, mackem said:

Hampton court palace last week,went in to watch the rut and eat in the golf course ,herds of fallow still in there,Henry 8’ths quarry.

8170762D-F4E8-4232-8731-7D434162AF3B.jpeg

Not sure the  Richmond Park herd  goes back to Henry VILL but l could be wrong. Great picture of a moody looking buck?

• paulus locked this topic