• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, mackem said:

Did you see the size of the lens she used to get that ghost cat shot?

No mate. 

I'm guessing it was mahoosive!!

I don't actually know what size lenses go up to. 800mm max maybe.. could probably put an extender on that.. maybe X1.4 but that actually wouldn't look visually big..

Be nice to see an image of her set up..?

45 minutes ago, Francie said:

@Greyman what is the life span of a big cat?

Captive and wild are quite different mate I think the only black leopard in captivity in this country that I no of is over 20 but probably a lot less in the wild, you also have to take into consideration the country they are in as they are not always top of the food chain unlike here so probably 10/15 would be a good old age which is why the sightings of today are more than likely born here rather than fresh releases ?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Captive and wild are quite different mate I think the only black leopard in captivity in this country that I no of is over 20 but probably a lot less in the wild, you also have to take into consideration the country they are in as they are not always top of the food chain unlike here so probably 10/15 would be a good old age which is why the sightings of today are more than likely born here rather than fresh releases ?

But how do you rationalise the small breeding populations if any exist? It is unlikely that any cubs would encounter animals from different parents given the tiny numbers. 

My view is that if there are any, they would have been released by an off ticket owner who could no longer keep it and could not lawfully re-home it. 

1 minute ago, Bush Rummager said:

Bloody ek!!?

Some gear that is!! 

Good find matey..?

There's a Nepalese guy who gets far better pics, really detailed close-ups of mothers and their cubs etc with just trail cams. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

But how do you rationalise the small breeding populations if any exist? It is unlikely that any cubs would encounter animals from different parents given the tiny numbers. 

My view is that if there are any, they would have been released by an off ticket owner who could no longer keep it and could not lawfully re-home it. 

Again you would need to take my word for certain things, but I have seen a video recently filmed in daylight as an adult emerges from a hedge and walks across an open paddock followed by 3 cubs all black and I see or here of one or two similar sightings every year the big question is if there are enough to sustain a population or if inbreeding will eventually wipe them out but I think there are still one or two fresh releases most years from the illegal side of it and we have had dna that indicates hybridisation as well which raises the question of the fertility of the young, it’s a long road mate and still more questions than answers ??

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Greyman said:

Again you would need to take my word for certain things, but I have seen a video recently filmed in daylight as an adult emerges from a hedge and walks across an open paddock followed by 3 cubs all black and I see or here of one or two similar sightings every year the big question is if there are enough to sustain a population or if inbreeding will eventually wipe them out but I think there are still one or two fresh releases most years from the illegal side of it and we have had dna that indicates hybridisation as well which raises the question of the fertility of the young, it’s a long road mate and still more questions than answers ??

Will we get to see that footage Paul  .

If that’s x3 more cats in that area I guess sightings are now a daily occurrence until they disperse naturally  of course .

Are there any recordings of cats in oestrus mate as they ain’t quiet from what I’ve seen and watched on the tv .

Im guessing bigger the  cat ,louder the wailing .

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

Are the none believes now starting to accept that these big cats are actually here in the UK?? 

They seem to be focusing their arguments on the probability that there isn't a breeding population here. ? 

If you mean me, then I have always believed that there is a high likihood of some animals still being released by off ticket owners who's circumstances have changed and can no longer cope. Some of the witnesses are too credible to dismiss and if happens with other licenced species.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

Are the none believes now starting to accept that these big cats are actually here in the UK?? 

They seem to be focusing their arguments on the probability that there isn't a breeding population here. ? 

The main problem is you can’t judge emotion, feelings or honesty on an Internet forum so people tend to judge by there own standards, if you go through life lying about everything and backing your lies up with copy and paste wiki links and photoshop you expect everyone else to be the same, and it’s very apparent that we have quite a few Walter Mitty on here so they naturally assume that I am willing to lie to further some kind of agenda we’re as in truth I,m quite a boring old loner that spends a lot of time in the countryside and am willing to share what I find with others despite the ridicule that comes from the fools, I also get to meet a lot of very honest and genuine people on here that would never post on here because of the fools ridiculing them and it’s those real people that make it all worth while for me, ??

• Like 10
11 hours ago, Greyman said:

Ok, here we go again, where is the video, why do we have to take your word for it, what excuse is there now for keeping the video a secret????

If that video exists why is it not being posted, it would apparently prove their existence and bring this thread to a close with all the non-believers put in their place?????!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • paulus locked this topic