• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

I doubt anyone can actually answer this.. but it would be interesting to know how many "big cats" are actually already here in the UK legally and legitimately.. ie... in zoos and private collections. I know for a fact.. as in I've seen them.. there's Leppard and Lynx all within a stones throw of just where I am in the East mids. Plus animals that don't even belong on this continent.. Polar bears.. African Wild dogs.. Giraffes.. Tigers Lions..etc. These cats have been over here for decades. 

Is there a census or register anyone?? Be interesting to know..?

23 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

I doubt anyone can actually answer this.. but it would be interesting to know how many "big cats" are actually already here in the UK legally and legitimately.. ie... in zoos and private collections. I know for a fact.. as in I've seen them.. there's Leppard and Lynx all within a stones throw of just where I am in the East mids. Plus animals that don't even belong on this continent.. Polar bears.. African Wild dogs.. Giraffes.. Tigers Lions..etc. These cats have been over here for decades. 

There will be a list of people who have been given a DWA licence by the relevant councils.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Bush Rummager said:

Polar bears?

12 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

There use to be a lion that guarded a scrap yard in Barnsley 

Not quite true. Dennis Higgs had a lion aand a scrap yard, but the lion was never used to guard it. His office had two GSDs on chains running off long lines either side of the drive. I had to go there to serve a summons on him. I had a dog either side that got closer and closer as we got to the middle of the path. At one point I could feel their breath on my neck. 

The lion was kept in a secure shed on a trailer down the yard. When we were kids he used to take it to fairs and charge threepence to go into the trailer and view it.

Edited by Nicepix
  • Like 1
21 hours ago, BEARINATOR said:

For those that missed it E8C45DF8-4902-4E1E-9E66-9C43E2A08FDB.jpeg.0b1b9b6d15fa09d38a403f4b83595f29.jpeg

I watched for some reason.

It was definitely designed to be pro their existence, without any concrete evidence, a similar show could easily have been presented disproving their existence simply with different editing.

As I have said numerous times, I fully accept that years back some were deliberately released and no doubt a few escaped, but as regards breeding populations, or even survivors now, the odds must be incredibly low!

• Like 5
6 hours ago, FairLaw said:

From my perspective the idea of thousands of big cats flourishing in our countryside is a romantic one without any good evidence to make a convincing case.

Yes, you have  made that plain under all your previous identities. I take it you have now swapped the akita for a couple of terriers that you intend to replace with a lurcher to "fill the freezer".  ?

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

Yes, you have  made that plain under all your previous identities. I take it you have now swapped the akita for a couple of terriers that you intend to replace with a lurcher to "fill the freezer".  ?

The Akita guards his “kennels” which holds imaginary terriers and an invisible saluki ?

• Haha 1
  • paulus locked this topic