The thermal that the chap has used is ,sorry to say entry level low tech ,low resolution kit .The cheaper the kit the less definition there is .

Low end stuff only ever shows a white outline ,solid body and ID suffers as a result .The key to thermal ID of any kit is movement no matter the resolution .Foxes quarter a field unless on a mission to a specific place .

Ive watched literally thousands in mine .I’ll stick a vid up of a decent clip of a fox when I get time .Ask your mate to lip squeak next time he’s out Greyman .See what sort of countryman he is ?

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Interested to know which thermal that is Paul .Think it’s a hik micro .Also mate ,how was the scale arrived at please .

It's one of the Pulsar Axions models mate with the range finder. He did say exactly what model it was but I can't remember! As for scaling he chap measured the height of the wall and also a gate opening in the very wall that the 'cat' walks along the top of. He did seem very confident of the 43 inch measurement (tip of nose to base of the tail) he came up with as a result. Hope that's helpful.

What thermal are you using FD if you don't mind??

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

It's one of the Pulsar Axions models mate with the range finder. He did say exactly what model it was but I can't remember! As for scaling he chap measured the height of the wall and also a gate opening in the very wall that the 'cat' walks along the top of. He did seem very confident of the 43 inch measurement (tip of nose to base of the tail) he came up with as a result. Hope that's helpful.

What thermal are you using FD if you don't mind??

With respect mate .How can anyone scale a distorted image ?
The axion is one of the lower res thermals in the pulsar range .

Dont get me wrong it’s a good bit of kit .Very compact and easy on the eye but I’ve looked through several and beyond 100m everything is a white shape with no definition .

I use the xq38f mate .

Ill get some images up in a minute off mine and estimated ranges they are taken at .

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

With respect mate .How can anyone scale a distorted image ?
The axion is one of the lower res thermals in the pulsar range .

Dont get me wrong it’s a good bit of kit .Very compact and easy on the eye but I’ve looked through several and beyond 100m everything is a white shape with no definition .

I use the xq38f mate .

Ill get some images up in a minute off mine and estimated ranges they are taken at .

That thermal he's got has given him well over 2 hrs of footage apparently and could well lead him to other things. I think fair play to him to be honest.. he's not a hunter or anything but has layed a few quid out to help him get to the bottom of things one way or another. At least he's out there doing some honest work and coming up with the best results he can with the gear he's got. I feel we could well hear more from these sightings in the future..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

That thermal he's got has given him well over 2 hrs of footage apparently and could well lead him to other things. I think fair play to him to be honest.. he's not a hunter or anything but has layed a few quid out to help him get to the bottom of things one way or another. At least he's out there doing some honest work and coming up with the best results he can with the gear he's got. I feel we could well hear more from these sightings in the future..

Mate I’m not saying anything bad about the chap on the thermal .Don’t know him from Adam but I do know what he’s filming .

If he knows it’s a fox and is trying to fool others then that’s a different scenario .

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Mate I’m not saying anything bad about the chap on the thermal .Don’t know him from Adam but I do know what he’s filming .

If he knows it’s a fox and is trying to fool others then that’s a different scenario .

of cause he knows what he is filming filmed over a number of days and you think he hasn’t flicked the lamp on and seen a fox or if it was a big cat flicked the lamp on and recorded it ? it’s only 150 meters 

mines the same pulsar axion but i prefer the black with white background 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Fair point that matey.. hopefully we'll all know what it actually is at some point in the future.. one way or the other!?

14 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

I'll have to come back to watch that mate.. can barely see f**k all here!!!??

IMG-20221022-WA0000.jpg.f25aec6ab7f6852baa38d14afe7b94b7.jpg

• Like 1
  • paulus locked this topic