I don't believe the big cat thing ,I don't believe in God or the loch Ness monster ,I'm even a bit sceptical Sunderland is an actual place ,but I hope I'm wrong about all of them ,can't help cheering on those who go in search of these things and I really hope they get their " told you so " moment .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Astanley said:

I don't believe the big cat thing ,I don't believe in God or the loch Ness monster ,I'm even a bit sceptical Sunderland is an actual place ,but I hope I'm wrong about all of them ,

Sunderland existing is the most believable ?

• Haha 1

A CLOSE HIGHLAND ENCOUNTER AND KELLAS EXCLUSIVE!

In early September, I was contacted directly by a witness with a story to tell.
On hearing his account, it was pretty clear it was remarkable and warranted some immediate follow-up investigations.

A couple of weeks before he called, he was camping beside a loch for fishing and at dusk as he was about to get in his tent, was suddenly aware of something moving behind him. 
When he turned around, he was amazed to see one large black cat with two cubs very close by.

He slowly got into his tent, and having the main door zip not working, zipped up the midge net door to have the big cat further approach and sit directly outside the door only four feet away from him with the two cubs by its feet.
The cat and cubs sat there for around 30 minutes. The witness was glad that throughout this encounter his Jack Russell dog was asleep in the tent. He feared what could have transpired if the dog awoke and went for the cubs.

He did have his phone and was for some of the time texting a friend who is a wildlife professional about what to do. No images were taken as the light was very low with midge net between them and he didn't want to use a flash as he had no idea how the cat may have reacted.
The witness confirmed the size of the cat was hip height to himself (5' 9" tall) when it was sitting down. I am the same height and this would equate to a height of around 3' sitting down. 

He watched the cats eventually move away. As an Army veteran, he confirmed he had been in some scary situations before, but was very shaken by this incident.
The next morning, he followed the route the cats moved out and found some prints and took some images, one with his foot in for scale. 
Confirming he wears a size 9, this was immediately scalable to give a print diameter of approximately 4". This translates to a body size of around 5', which corresponds with his estimation of height when sitting (print images are included here).

The next morning, he spoke with the local bailiff who appeared to know about large cats in the area, so I followed up with a visit to the bailiff.
He confirmed that he knew about various sightings over the years and had a few images of a black cat which visited his caravan on occasion. 

He has provided permission to share those images which you can see here. This cat is scalable to 18" in the body length and has all the distinctive features of a Scottish Wildcat/domestic or feral hybrid, sometimes known as a Kellas cat (broad head, thick body, long coat, long and thick tail with distinct blunted tip) These are also quite possibly the clearest and best images of a Kellas taken in the wild.

The bailiff confirmed that the images were taken about a year ago and the same cat is about twice the size now, around 3' in the body and would be happy to take further images and footage when it might next visit. 

Also received from both the bailiff and a local hotel owner were several accounts of Lynx activity in the same area, with the hotel owner having seen one directly and vocalisations heard in nearby forestry.

This is certainly an area of interest (location shall of course remain undisclosed online) for our ongoing fieldwork investigation with our Scottish Big Cat Research Team.

CFE2DB3C-EDDB-46BD-858F-9829A721986E.png

C212C6AE-A80E-4B96-A941-1472AC275410.png

Edited by scotty12
  • Like 1

Im sceptical they’re here but also hopeful that they are! 

The recent video taken by teenagers in the Peak District is laughable the fact that sheep are lay down relaxing within 50 yards of ‘big black cat’ tells you all you need to know that it’s not a big cat at all. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Samrog said:

Im sceptical they’re here but also hopeful that they are! 

The recent video taken by teenagers in the Peak District is laughable the fact that sheep are lay down relaxing within 50 yards of ‘big black cat’ tells you all you need to know that it’s not a big cat at all. 

That's actually a bull in there with the sheep mate..?

• Like 2

Was looking for any thing of a Leopard Cat shot at Widdicombe in the Moor that a mate said his uncle shot.

Sure enough its in the list 1988.

About the same time we used to shoot a lot of Foxes for their pelts. We were drawing some covers a Widdicombe that were full of laurels and told on no account was the Ocelot to be shot. We never seen the cat but the owner was not joking. Don't know if it was the same cat.

SCOTCATS.ONLINE.FR

Scottish Big Cats, Extensive information about non-native cats in the United Kingdom.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 3
30 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

There’s a vid on  YouTube called highland tigers about the Scottish wildcat and towards the end there’s a bit about the Kellas cats and melanistic Scottish wildcats including taxidermied ones .

Thought to be a Kellas cat caught on camera by a bailie meant to be double in size that was over a year ago 

F828E363-0A0F-42CD-B9D3-EE01654A43E7.png

880A8175-EB74-437C-8AA8-B319A12AC5F4.png

ED24B737-6E1A-4934-8C47-44B0F65D7FD4.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • paulus locked this topic