2 hours ago, Arry said:

Out for a mooch near a village called Loddiswell I never seen any big cats but could not help thinking out them as this was a real hot spot for a while back and still from time to time now. It's a large space owned by The Woodland Trust with great for dog walkers with some long rides in a heavy wooded valley. I have some permission near here and the Farmer has seen them and his daughter came within a few yards of one all black ones.

P1220800.JPG.146913d5caa230f2619d464d4a8c8dd7.JPG

990846047_Screenshot2022-06-30at15_23_38.jpeg.53b4b73650bc73df454270870b9c63cb.jpeg

P1220802.JPG.cc3e004a72a9d264df0ac59aba9413f2.JPG

Cheers Arry

Could you get cameras up on your permission mate ?? I could possibly hook you up with someone if your game they would come down and set the cams up and you could monitor the SD cards and change battery’s, no pressure mate if your busy or don’t want to but as I know your quite interested in the subject it was a thought ??

• Like 1

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Could you get cameras up on your permission mate ?? I could possibly hook you up with someone if your game they would come down and set the cams up and you could monitor the SD cards and change battery’s, no pressure mate if your busy or don’t want to but as I know your quite interested in the subject it was a thought ??

Was a real hot spot around there about 20 years ago mate sighting there almost weekly gone quiet just lately  has been a few sighting now and again. Nearly always black ones here.

Don't think they would go for it mate the areas massive I do believe there are Cats in this area still but not so many. That valley runs right up to the moor and ending not far from Dartmoor zoo which have Pumas and keeper have seen Big Cats on the out side of the cages. My belief is they travel these wooded valleys right up to the moor then down another one if you get my drift.

If it gets hot again in this area I will approach the farmers and see if I can get some pressure on. Because of badger culls in our area they are bit cagey about cameras. If you get any info in the area mate let me know I see what I can do.

I did see something that just slipped away had camera ready but never got a shot and honestly could not say what it was but it was not deer fox or badger just don't know what it was. Very interesting area. 

Cheers Arry

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, TOMO said:

where's that mac

A leopard on thermal in India mate, I was just reading about Rob guest the retired surveyor who was present at both sightings of "Big" cats in the FOD. The story is a bit noncommittal, the reporter words it "unmistakable thermal images" Rob Guest however "couldn’t tell you how big they were or what they were" 

Deputy surveyor Rob Guest, who was present at both sightings, said that his team were ‘‘interested, excited, and surprised’’ when the unmistakable thermal images appeared in the gloom.

He said: ‘‘I couldn’t tell you how big they were or what they were. They were just large, full cats.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, mackem said:

A leopard on thermal in India mate, I was just reading about Rob guest the retired surveyor who was present at both sightings of "Big" cats in the FOD. The story is a bit noncommittal, the reporter words it "unmistakable thermal images" Rob Guest however "couldn’t tell you how big they were or what they were" 

Deputy surveyor Rob Guest, who was present at both sightings, said that his team were ‘‘interested, excited, and surprised’’ when the unmistakable thermal images appeared in the gloom.

He said: ‘‘I couldn’t tell you how big they were or what they were. They were just large, full cats.

this is maybe a question for greyman...

was watching hugh furnlys new program the other day.....and they were monitering deer in woodland with a thermal drone and doing counts....forestry cominision or one of these organisations ....

wonder if any of these big cat groups have used such equiptment

4 minutes ago, TOMO said:

this is maybe a question for greyman...

was watching hugh furnlys new program the other day.....and they were monitering deer in woodland with a thermal drone and doing counts....forestry cominision or one of these organisations ....

wonder if any of these big cat groups have used such equiptment

Ricks son is taking the tests or whatever it is to be able to fly them we have had a few goes, thermal is definitely opening up a whole new world p,s should have said that’s a badger in the picture ?

9569BC5F-B248-4DF3-AAA6-11530A9E08B1.jpeg

Edited by Greyman
On 28/06/2022 at 17:25, Greyman said:

Often the case in gateways etc it’s not often you get a good string but they do happen occasionally if your lucky to find them before it rains or they get raked over etc  ?

4D90EABB-9258-43D6-9DF9-94455FCEA5E9.jpeg

B75EF220-6B36-48CB-A3F5-C63BA1202272.jpeg

Telescopic rod 

not even a thought 

it’s all way to simple 

• Like 1

Nothing more than a little thread bump really. Greyman and a few others will know about the Edale station sighting covered on the poddy a year or so back. I was up there today. Pic overlooking Edale vally early this morning. I parked in the station carpark.. it's mid pic behind trees. A beautiful area if nothing else. 

I found some sheep bit's up there with my sister.. high up on Kinder Scout a few months before that sighting. Got a pic on a storage device somewhere.. 

Like i say.. it's a grand spot if nothing else...?

20220709_065646.jpg.ef4e3343a5c67a23a891466ed44af06b.jpg

• Like 3
  • paulus locked this topic