21 hours ago, Francie said:

Did it escape from somewere steve?

not sure , someone in the press claims it could be there but they live 50 mile from the sighting 

VIDEO: Fresh Doncaster 'big cat' sighting as 4ft beast filmed prowling outside McDonald's | Doncaster Free Press

Edited by steve66
  • Like 1

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

11 hours ago, EDDIE B said:

Think there is a big difference between a Bengal, and a "big cat" lads. Think we need to keep things in perspective here.  Personally, I think maybe anything less than a Lynx can be disregarded. I mean, something like a Serval, of a Bengal, fall well short, when it comes to the mysterious, and intriguing notion of there being big cats roaming the Brittish countryside. 

Totally agree except a serval is still a fully wild cat we’re as a Bengal is a 2nd cross domestic hybrid  which I think is what is in that video or something similar ?

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Totally agree except a serval is still a fully wild cat we’re as a Bengal is a 2nd cross domestic hybrid  which I think is what is in that video or something similar ?

Yes mate, but what I'm saying is that something the likes of a Serval is not what we think of when we say, BIG CATS OF BRITAIN. I mean, the whole idea of a large black cat roaming the countryside, killing sheep and deer, has a sense of intrigue and mystery surrounding it, where as, a Serval is just well, a Serval. 

• Like 2
On 01/02/2022 at 19:00, mackem said:

Club Row, brick Lane early 1970's,i cant remember how much the bloke said he bought it for but it was a pittance £20-30 quid I think? Had it till it grew a bit bigger then swapped it for pigeons or something similar ?

Screenshot_20220201_135728.jpg

That little'n could be an old mate of mine Garrad. His Dad had a pet stall and Garrad took a Lion cub to school for show and tell.

• Like 1

about five years ago i was out lamping on my own at three in the morning,i had two bulldogs and a pitbull x greyhound ,iwas near the chicken farm near me,i went into an empty field the dogs were going beserk so i released them they shot up the field and were really excited,i swung the lamp around behind where we come from and crouched looking at me was a black panther iluminous eyes in the lamp it was only for a second or two,by the time i got there it was long gone,but a panther it was,i only told my family but im 100 per cent sure they are here

• Like 5
15 hours ago, leegreen said:

That little'n could be an old mate of mine Garrad. His Dad had a pet stall and Garrad took a Lion cub to school for show and tell.

Did he used to let people have their pics taken with his lion for a small fee? 

my friend had a cougar visit his back yard the other night so i took these pics of them to show you.....

my boot in the pic, is, at the widest part, just under 5 inch and the paw print was easily 4 inch....

i said he should put camera up, he agreed but time will tell.....the two single prints weren't so clear as the wind had blown the top layer of snow into them losing there sharpness, (it was -20 making the snow dry and light) but the others weren't to bad i thought....

IMG_1376.JPG

IMG_1377.JPG

IMG_1374.JPG

IMG_1375.JPG

• Like 4
7 hours ago, tillylamp said:

my friend had a cougar visit his back yard the other night so i took these pics of them to show you.....

my boot in the pic, is, at the widest part, just under 5 inch and the paw print was easily 4 inch....

i said he should put camera up, he agreed but time will tell.....the two single prints weren't so clear as the wind had blown the top layer of snow into them losing there sharpness, (it was -20 making the snow dry and light) but the others weren't to bad i thought....

IMG_1376.JPG

IMG_1377.JPG

IMG_1374.JPG

IMG_1375.JPG

Nice be interesting to see how he gets on, keep us posted I like footprints especially when found near a suspected kill sight it’s quite a large pei e of the puzzle for me ??

CB631DF9-1C09-443E-8420-0FABCF090A9F.jpeg

DB1649E0-CB95-4645-84F1-2B6513B371A7.jpeg

14D270FE-AE07-42C1-9B48-54D585F13125.jpeg

915C1EB2-3512-406F-8592-E764C5E94D3C.jpeg

• Like 3

I honestly don't believe there is any big cat's roaming around our countryside with todays technology there would be more evidence imho. Though years ago when the dangerous animals act came in then it was believable as I remember these crackpots in Rotherham having a pet tiger and a lion.

FB_IMG_1644172894606.jpg

• Like 1

I was having a very interesting conversation with an old pal of mine over the weekend that lead me to ask this question - Would bobcats count as "big cats" for the purpose of this discussion? :hmm:

6 minutes ago, BGD said:

I was having a very interesting conversation with an old pal of mine over the weekend that lead me to ask this question - Would bobcats count as "big cats" for the purpose of this discussion? :hmm:

Not my thread, but I’d say any non-native cat bigger than a domestic moggy would qualify. Definitely a species which I’d expect would thrive here, but I’ve never seen any evidence they’re here.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, BGD said:

55 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

Not my thread, but I’d say any non-native cat bigger than a domestic moggy would qualify. Definitely a species which I’d expect would thrive here, but I’ve never seen any evidence they’re here.

Bobcats are a South American thing we have lynx very similar, make up around 5% of sightings in the uk and yes I would say they count, basically anything capable of taking an adult roe counts ??

• Like 3
  • paulus locked this topic