19 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

Could you imagine the absolute carnage if you could still buy pets like that easily these days

Before they brought out the dwa licence in 1975 you could buy any animal from big cats ,bears,crocs, venomous snakes ,wolfs and even apes. Can you imagine how many of these cats and reptiles was released once licensing came into place .I have a few mates who keep venomous snakes and they used to go to a carp lake catching what folk believed was water snakes but was really a type of Asian rear fanged rat snake and one that can pack a punch but not anufe to kill a human . 

Like you say imagine what the streets be like if anyone could buy a tiger ,lion etc today 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, mackem said:

Club Row, brick Lane early 1970's,i cant remember how much the bloke said he bought it for but it was a pittance £20-30 quid I think? Had it till it grew a bit bigger then swapped it for pigeons or something similar ?

Screenshot_20220201_135728.jpg

Poor thing 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Before they brought out the dwa licence in 1975 you could buy any animal from big cats ,bears,crocs, venomous snakes ,wolfs and even apes. Can you imagine how many of these cats and reptiles was released once licensing came into place .I have a few mates who keep venomous snakes and they used to go to a carp lake catching what folk believed was water snakes but was really a type of Asian rear fanged rat snake and one that can pack a punch but not anufe to kill a human . 

Like you say imagine what the streets be like if anyone could buy a tiger ,lion etc today 

There was a guy lived in Woking in a double decker bus that owned a lion. 

1 hour ago, Robbusher said:

I’m surprised that hunts in areas that have a high volume of sightings haven’t ever had hounds catch one or at the least tree one doesn’t matter how smart a cat has to be to survive it can’t throw 30/40 dogs bred to hunt and run off its scent 

Hounds are broken to cats as it wouldn’t look good if they got on tibbles , I do no of one hunt in the south that has put up a cat or two, but seem quite happy with the situation and don’t advertise it, the photo of the big black creature that has been shown on this thread several times was taken on there patch, and someone many moons ago on this thread was following hounds and saw a cat break cover 20 mins before the hounds came through, if I remember he said dogs never picked up on the scent and ran on, so it does happen mate just not in anyone’s interest to shout about it ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’d love to think that there r bigger felines than your average house cat running round our countryside I wouldn’t call anyone a liar But I think I’d have to see to believe or at least decent trailcam footage/pics 

• Like 1

Think there is a big difference between a Bengal, and a "big cat" lads. Think we need to keep things in perspective here.  Personally, I think maybe anything less than a Lynx can be disregarded. I mean, something like a Serval, of a Bengal, fall well short, when it comes to the mysterious, and intriguing notion of there being big cats roaming the Brittish countryside. 

• Like 3
  • paulus locked this topic