• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

It's all just bullshit... If there was any type of big cat out there, some lamper (dog or gun) would have seen it clear as day... Now a shooter would have shot but would the lamper slip...??

Shithouses if yer don't...! ?

Now I’m one of these people that ideally have to see it with me own eyes to believe it ! 
But my two penny’s is I lived in that area for 6 years and I can remember the Watkins family from sling social club 

And the coleford  area seems to be where unusual  animals are set loose or seen

The wild boar were released at Staunton 

skunks were seen at glaxo smith Kline ? 
Coleford to milkwall road and one was killed on road in between puzzlewood and perrygrove railway .That’s in between sling and coleford .

So if he says he seen a lynx I believe him .

• Like 2

From Big Cat Conversations. Shot in Herefordshire 2019.

This cat has an extra-long tubular tail and muscular thigh and hind-quarters. The tail appears as long as the body. The keeper who shot it states that he regretted it at the time and remains regretful. No hairs or other sample material were taken from this cat for testing, before the body was disposed of, at the wish of the landowner. 

The cat was four and half feet from nose to tail, 24 pounds in weight, and according to the keeper “what stood out were the muscles in its head and jaws, plus spots clearly on both sides.  The ears were rounded on top, not pointed, and very broad”.

What is it?

8-1.jpg

Edited by notahunter
6 minutes ago, notahunter said:

This cat has an extra-long tubular tail and muscular thigh and hind-quarters. The tail appears as long as the body. The keeper who shot it states that he regretted it at the time and remains regretful. No hairs or other sample material were taken from this cat for testing, before the body was disposed of, at the wish of the landowner. 

The cat was four and half feet from nose to tail, 24 pounds in weight, and according to the keeper “what stood out were the muscles in its head and jaws, plus spots clearly on both sides.  The ears were rounded on top, not pointed, and very broad”.

What is it?

8-1.jpg

Tiddles ?

1 hour ago, notahunter said:

What is it?

8-1.jpg

Wow that's amazing I wonder if they had to get an offroader over to transport the beast off the hill. 

So, what could the black cat above be, a domestic/feral throwback??   It's certainly NOT, the BIG cat people are looking for. 

And what is that wording about, why did he regret shooting it, if he pulled the trigger he did it for a reason, he is a keeper allegedly, why was it disposed of at the wish of the owner, keepers don't go rushing to owners, they get on with the job, again, an article that simply doesn't add up!

Plenty of cat variations out there and things happen when you mix up breeds, actually they happen sometimes when you don't mix up breeds.

So, any suggestions what that is, simply looks a bit of a variation on a theme of the domestic cat to me!

2 hours ago, Deker said:

So, what could the black cat above be, a domestic/feral throwback??   It's certainly NOT, the BIG cat people are looking for. 

And what is that wording about, why did he regret shooting it, if he pulled the trigger he did it for a reason, he is a keeper allegedly, why was it disposed of at the wish of the owner, keepers don't go rushing to owners, they get on with the job, again, an article that simply doesn't add up!

Plenty of cat variations out there and things happen when you mix up breeds, actually they happen sometimes when you don't mix up breeds.

So, any suggestions what that is, simply looks a bit of a variation on a theme of the domestic cat to me!

The shot cat was with a much bigger one when he shot it, the landowner was present and insisted on him shooting it and threw the corpse in an incinerator so no chance of taking hair samples which really ends the conversation or any chance of truly identifying it, there are more photos but the exit wound is a bit messy to put on the podcast, but the rosettes are clearly visible through the black fur, hybridisation is another big subject  in all this and is always a possibility, there is a picture of a black cat on the podcast that was taken on a trail cam in Devon, it is 2ft at the shoulder but has all the features of a domestic always more questions than answers but one day a good corpse supported by dna will come along until then we just have to keep going, ??

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
On 26/01/2022 at 22:58, notahunter said:

What is it?

8-1.jpg

Me family are travelling people and I always remember me family had camped up on a old USA airbase and us kids would go out messing about in local woods and the old buildings on the base ,anyway they was about 8/9 of us kids walking along a sheep track that made its way through a field full of brambles and tall grass and as we walking along mucking about we see what looked like a big fawn coloured cat ,it was walking towards us but on another track ,it got parallel to us and stopped turned its head to look at us and moved on and it was clearly a small lion and I now think  it was a mountain lion. I really think if they had been just 1 kid it  would have been diffrent outcome but being a group of 8/9 kids with couple teenagers it moved on but wasn't in any rush as it just kept same pace and moved off into the long grass ,we got back to the trailers quick time and told our parents and they all quizzed us on what we had seen asking if it was a deer ,a dog etc we all said it was a large cat .the men went looking for it but couldn't find it ,me gran spoke to a farmer and he said sheep had gone missing and remains of sheep had been found in underground tunnels on the old base . 

Lot of big cats was kept as pets and no dout some escaped or was released by owners when they become to much to handle .

• Like 5
On 27/01/2022 at 12:47, Greyman said:

The shot cat was with a much bigger one when he shot it, the landowner was present and insisted on him shooting it and threw the corpse in an incinerator so no chance of taking hair samples which really ends the conversation or any chance of truly identifying it, there are more photos but the exit wound is a bit messy to put on the podcast, but the rosettes are clearly visible through the black fur, hybridisation is another big subject  in all this and is always a possibility, there is a picture of a black cat on the podcast that was taken on a trail cam in Devon, it is 2ft at the shoulder but has all the features of a domestic always more questions than answers but one day a good corpse supported by dna will come along until then we just have to keep going, ??

I have no dout they big cats out there people can live in India, Africa ,America etc all there life's and never see one so they not easy animals to find and they plenty woods ,forestry and wild places in UK for them to roam .

Edited by Moocher71
  • Like 2

I’m surprised that hunts in areas that have a high volume of sightings haven’t ever had hounds catch one or at the least tree one doesn’t matter how smart a cat has to be to survive it can’t throw 30/40 dogs bred to hunt and run off its scent 

3 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

Could you imagine the absolute carnage if you could still buy pets like that easily these days

Club Row, brick Lane early 1970's,i cant remember how much the bloke said he bought it for but it was a pittance £20-30 quid I think? Had it till it grew a bit bigger then swapped it for pigeons or something similar ?

Screenshot_20220201_135728.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • paulus locked this topic