• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, greg64 said:

probably a  dog 

3898e37f0fdb63cde0fa8b05cd1f9a5b panther dog.jpg

There is one of these in a bungalow near me the only one I’ve ever seen in the flesh and it’s probably close to 3ft at the shoulder, the animal in the pic is 22” ?

27 minutes ago, Greyman said:

There is one of these in a bungalow near me the only one I’ve ever seen in the flesh and it’s probably close to 3ft at the shoulder, the animal in the pic is 22” ?

the dogs are 24 to 26 inch and bitches 23 to 26 as a rule

3 hours ago, Greb147 said:

Tbf it does look like it could be somewhere in India as well but that would point towards Leopard. 

A picture is worth a thousand words but those words could be anything if you don't have the context. ?

Certainly not India mate.Different flora and look altogether. 

If I thought a cat was in an area and I wanted it on cam I would, and your going to think I am taking the piss but I am not as I know a guy who did it in Alberta, buy some Calvin Klein obsession aftershave and set up an artificial scent station. Yes aftershave might attract old cougars in the local boozer but I am talking about attracting felines, cats are attracted to civet one, an ingredient in CK aftershave, it works, been known about for years by researchers. 

https://m.indiamart.com/proddetail/civetone-19189665412.html

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, Greyman said:

23 minutes ago, greg64 said:

the dogs are 24 to 26 inch and bitches 23 to 26 as a rule

What type of dog is that black thing in that pic?

20 minutes ago, mackem said:

Certainly not India mate.Different flora and look altogether. 

If I thought a cat was in an area and I wanted it on cam I would, and your going to think I am taking the piss but I am not as I know a guy who did it in Alberta, buy some Calvin Klein obsession aftershave and set up an artificial scent station. Yes aftershave might attract old cougars in the local boozer but I am talking about attracting felines, cats are attracted to civet one, an ingredient in CK aftershave, it works, been known about for years by researchers. 

https://m.indiamart.com/proddetail/civetone-19189665412.html

I love stuff like that . I heard read (aniseed) is good for animals aswell

2 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

I love stuff like that . I heard read (aniseed) is good for animals aswell

The enthusiasts are probably well aware of this, but one of the best attractants out there for all cats, big and small, is SILVER VINE. Think it's fairly easy get over here too.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, MH1 said:
WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

The Beast of Exmoor is the name given to the much-fabled phantom cat reported to prowl the moors. It was first spotted in...

Lucky The Dark Destroyer taking a shit, fake. 

• Haha 1
On 03/01/2022 at 16:37, mackem said:

The musculature does indeed shout jaguar ? the pic is blurry because I screen-shot it ages ago from a bit of footage, and enlarged it, black animal walking down a deciduous hedge side, leaves off trees indicates winter? 

"Leaves off trees suggest winter", or perhaps the dry season...... overall brown grass etc suggest big cat in its native lands,  likely powerful male leopard, or a jaguar in a similar setting in S/America. Go for prior plausibility, a picture of a big cat somewhere with dead foliage, whats the most likely setting?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, sandymere said:

"Leaves off trees suggest winter", or perhaps the dry season...... overall brown grass etc suggest big cat in its native lands,  likely powerful male leopard, or a jaguar in a similar setting in S/America. Go for prior plausibility, a picture of a big cat somewhere with dead foliage, whats the most likely setting?

It's not south America, its not India, dry season doesn't totally defoliate plants like that, I have been in countries with dry seasons,i know what it purports to show and where it was supposedly taken  ?

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, mackem said:

It's not south America, its not India, dry season doesn't totally defoliate plants like that, I have been in countries with dry seasons,i know what it purports to show and where it was supposedly taken  ?

Drought cause leaf drop and that looks to be a drought by the grass.

2 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Drought cause leaf drop and that looks to be a drought by the grass.

Your guess is that's a jag in South America? How many hedges have you seen in Brazil like that? Or India or Africa with leopard? Genuine question ?

• Like 1
  • paulus locked this topic