2 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Do you ever get DNA from any kills greyman and is all the research funded out of all your pockets or is there funding for it 

We do do dna tests and yes we do pay for them, I don’t personally but most of it comes out of ricks pocket, I,m just a foot soldier as it were, it’s known as citizen science I wander round looking for carcasses,footprints strands of hair on fences etc and pass them on to the biologists,scientists and vets who sort through it all, I,m not to sure about the dna testing myself and would like to send some zoo samples off to see what they come back with, a bloke in Australia has done it with several leopard scats he got from the zoo and they always come back and tell him they are dingo or dog shit so the government are obviously getting a say in it and I think the same happens here, but others don’t want to upset the labs by catching them and calling them out on it, there have been a few positive hits but not enough I think ?

• Like 1

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Greyman said:

The forensic side of it is more important to me than the perfect picture, which is why I don’t worry to much about it I know it’s already out there but without all the other relevant evidence a perfect picture could have been taken anywhere in the world and sent any were in the world in a matter of seconds, which is why to me the 200 + bone samples with laboratory confirmed cat tooth impressions from big cats on them mean far more to me than a clear picture ,we have lots of deer ones a few sheep and even wild bore, if your interested the latest pod cast on bigcatconversations is from France and I think the next one out will be as well, if your near the wolf sightings you could try calling at night they respond quite well also though footprints are very doglike they are big and have very long claws as they tend not to walk on roads etc ?

The wolf had been sighted in the Gironde estuary area and the photo confirmed the sightings. The photo was analysed and compared to the scene where it was taken. It was useful in  that they knew the size, sex and species.  I can't find the original photo  but the link is for another sighting. 

FRANCE3-REGIONS.FRANCETVINFO.FR

La présence d'un loup gris photographié, ce lundi à Gurat en Charente, est confirmé par la préfecture d'Angoulême.

At the latest kill site a paw print was found that conforms with what you describe. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, lurcherman 887 said:

6BBB9B9B-6D7C-4F79-A708-92480744CDB2.jpeg

8DDDB11B-E45A-4ABE-9216-ADEF26BC7503.jpeg

The bottom pic got quite a bit of credibility because it was filmed by a copper and the cat walked across the track so the size could be worked out biggest problem with the black ones is they do look just like a house cat apart from the size and the tail, this is a nice little film also gives a good view of how small they actually are in height and how easy they can be confused 

13 minutes ago, Greyman said:

The bottom pic got quite a bit of credibility because it was filmed by a copper and the cat walked across the track so the size could be worked out biggest problem with the black ones is they do look just like a house cat apart from the size and the tail, this is a nice little film also gives a good view of how small they actually are in height and how easy they can be confused 

Thought you would of seen them mate 

28 minutes ago, Greyman said:

We do do dna tests and yes we do pay for them, I don’t personally but most of it comes out of ricks pocket, I,m just a foot soldier as it were, it’s known as citizen science I wander round looking for carcasses,footprints strands of hair on fences etc and pass them on to the biologists,scientists and vets who sort through it all, I,m not to sure about the dna testing myself and would like to send some zoo samples off to see what they come back with, a bloke in Australia has done it with several leopard scats he got from the zoo and they always come back and tell him they are dingo or dog shit so the government are obviously getting a say in it and I think the same happens here, but others don’t want to upset the labs by catching them and calling them out on it, there have been a few positive hits but not enough I think ?

Cheers greyman .

58 minutes ago, Greyman said:

You are right mate it is a mine field of idiots, you would also be quite surprised how far people will go with hoax,s as well which is something I struggle to get my head round, but a lot fall at the first hurdle by refusing to have the picture scaled or refusing to give the location, I,ve stuck these pics up before but this was the picture that started all this and when the woman that took the picture was contacted she was willing to give up the pics and location so we could go there and do photo scalings the animal is the right size and in an area were regular sightings occur and even the local hound pack are quite on board having flushed more than one,, photos playing up at the mo will try to add again later ?

97AA715D-B752-42AF-8C03-A4DD119141F5.jpeg

D3FD19A4-737F-47F8-AF4A-BC47151E8F70.jpeg

6ED650F2-1BC7-47D6-B837-F3676746493C.jpeg

AF975E32-0BE6-4E6E-ADC2-1FEA74920AEC.jpeg

3A2366B8-0A9A-43F4-A278-77DBC4EBD295.jpeg

5 hours ago, Nicepix said:

There is a wolf roaming about these parts. About two years ago it was photographed about 200km away from where we live. The photo was clear and has been verified as genuine. A few months later a farmer who we buy our meat from had several lambs killed ovrernight. Another farmer in a different area abiut 50km away had a similar experience and since then there have been several kills that have been attributed to a wolf using forensic examinations. 

I wonder how much evidence has been found in the UK, regarding kills and big cats, using forensic examinations. Is there any documented proof, where a forensic scientist has determined that a big cat did indeed kill said deer, for example?

19 minutes ago, EDDIE B said:

I wonder how much evidence has been found in the UK, regarding kills and big cats, using forensic examinations. Is there any documented proof, where a forensic scientist has determined that a big cat did indeed kill said deer, for example?

Go to the second part of episode 9 on the podcast mate, dr Andrew Hemmings explains the tooth pit work they do at the RAU, ?

• Like 1

I found this footage from Oz interesting. They're in the same position as us here in the UK as regards having big cats living wild there. No doubt some smart fcuker is going to come on say it's a Koala Bear dropping the kids off in the bushes or something along those lines..  

Thoughts??

Edited by Bush Rummager
  • Like 2
10 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

I found this footage from Oz interesting. They're in the same position as us here in the UK as regards having big cats living wild there. No doubt some smart fcuker is going to come on say it's a Koala Bear dropping the kids of in the bushes or something along those lines..  

Thoughts??

Definitely looks to be eye's from an animal laddie

14 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

I found this footage from Oz interesting. They're in the same position as us here in the UK as regards having big cats living wild there. No doubt some smart fcuker is going to come on say it's a Koala Bear dropping the kids of in the bushes or something along those lines..  

Thoughts??

Simon Townsend I believe is the man in oz, he has done an episode on the big cat podcast but also has his own podcast in oz if you fancy a listen ?

290CD258-F76B-4A07-AADD-A813375B4D0C.png

• Like 1
20 hours ago, lurcherman 887 said:

6BBB9B9B-6D7C-4F79-A708-92480744CDB2.jpeg

8DDDB11B-E45A-4ABE-9216-ADEF26BC7503.jpeg

Am I missing something or does the top one not just look like a big black greyhound having a drink? Don't big cats generally get down low to drink unlike dogs aswell. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • paulus locked this topic