4 minutes ago, socks said:

Looks like a male Jaguar to me. 

That would be a much more realistic call than a Leopard but even that would be a Jaguar on roids.

Was there a video clip of this or just stills, just the one pic, I still smell hoax. 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Greb147 said:

You and your expert friends must be supping that strong cider if you think that has the dimensions of a male leopard. 

I've been interested in big cats since I was a nipper, send your experts to my cab and I'll set them straight. 

I'll say it again, that ain't no leopard. 

Quantock-Hills-Beast-of-exmoor.jpg

Looks like a smooth patterdale to me?

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, Greb147 said:

Extremely unlikely as there's always a conflict of species, there's no evidence at all to suggest leopards breed with pumas and produce fertile offspring. 

Why do they not produce fertile offspring greb?

9 minutes ago, Francie said:

Look up 'species versus genus' francie.  Explains it pretty clear to understand.  ?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Francie said:

They do, the victorians used to cross puma and leopards to produce pumards, this is one in an old black and white picture, they actually suffered with dwarfism so produced small offspring and though many were sterile some were not, look at the modern designer cats, bred with servals and domestic house cats  they are fertile and breed a second generation which is the ones you can own without a licence ?

C8D812A6-28C1-47A0-BFDE-DEADF0DDE9CE.jpeg

• Like 4
9 hours ago, Greb147 said:

You and your expert friends must be supping that strong cider if you think that has the dimensions of a male leopard. 

I've been interested in big cats since I was a nipper, send your experts to my cab and I'll set them straight. 

I'll say it again, that ain't no leopard. 

Quantock-Hills-Beast-of-exmoor.jpg

Look at the tape measure in the picture, you must know how to read a tape, same dimensions, the only black leopard in the uk in captivity is a cross breed of two types of leopards and is the same size, if your going to argue at least back it up with more than I like looking at big cats on telly ?

699C1CFA-9614-44B0-ACDF-53CDDD234D88.jpeg

9 hours ago, Greb147 said:

Here's a pic of a big black leopard, still, nothing like the beast pictured. 

black_panther_-_india.jpg

That is both young and most probably a female looking at it, not a good comparison at all, ?

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Greyman said:

They do, the victorians used to cross puma and leopards to produce pumards, this is one in an old black and white picture, they actually suffered with dwarfism so produced small offspring and though many were sterile some were not, look at the modern designer cats, bred with servals and domestic house cats  they are fertile and breed a second generation which is the ones you can own without a licence ?

Ooh, did I get it wrong G, is it cats of the same genus can produce fertile offspring?

44 minutes ago, Greyman said:

There is no proof of puma/leopard hybrids producing offspring of their own. 

You also have the fact that no sighting in the UK has described anything like a puma/leopard hybrid. 

42 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Look at the tape measure in the picture, you must know how to read a tape, same dimensions, the only black leopard in the uk in captivity is a cross breed of two types of leopards and is the same size, if your going to argue at least back it up with more than I like looking at big cats on telly ?

699C1CFA-9614-44B0-ACDF-53CDDD234D88.jpeg

The dimensions of that obese leopard below is nothing like the reported sighting above, just look at the massive shoulder development, wild leopards are not close to those dimensions. 

2 hours ago, Greb147 said:

The dimensions of that obese leopard below is nothing like the reported sighting above, just look at the massive shoulder development, wild leopards are not close to those dimensions. 

Tbf its a bad quality picture so hard to see shpulder develpoment

• paulus locked this topic