8 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

They are but I have seen a puma as I said. The feral cats here are becoming a big cat in their own right, they are big, they are cats and dangerous. I know a farmer who cornered one about 15kg in his chicken pen and ended up with 40 stitches.

The puma you saw that approached you cooking food would you say it was a tame/captive released one? 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

Would them aussie ferals stay big if they were in captivity or would they revert to normal domestic size when bred from? Its mad how they are getting bigger through evolution so quickly. 

Just now, gnipper said:

The puma you saw that approached you cooking food would you say it was a tame/captive released one? 

I was told a couple of years after this that a circus train had crashed near Lithgow back in 1940's and the only animals caught were elephants. Obviously the one I saw would be a descendent. We also had a very suss place called the African lion safari near Sydney. After it closed due to poor managment there were many sightings of African lions around Penrith for years. This is only 80km of dense mountains from Lithgow.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, gnipper said:

Would them aussie ferals stay big if they were in captivity or would they revert to normal domestic size when bred from? Its mad how they are getting bigger through evolution so quickly. 

That's an interesting one. That's what is surprising scientists but 200 years is a lot of cat generations and it's pretty easy to breed for size in a few gens.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

That's an interesting one. That's what is surprising scientists but 200 years is a lot of cat generations and it's pretty easy to breed for size in a few gens.

Easy enough to selectively breed in captivity but out in the wild is different,  it must be prey dependent where the bigger cats can take the bigger prey like the wallabies or something making them more successful.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, gnipper said:

Easy enough to selectively breed in captivity but out in the wild is different,  it must be prey dependent where the bigger cats can take the bigger prey like the wallabies or something making them more successful.

You could imagine only the biggest toughest, smartest kittens/cats surviving in the wild as we have a huge fox population.

2 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

There’s a population of big cats in Australia too apparently 

I wouldn't doubt it as I've seen a puma, I don't think there would be a huge number but there is a lot of remote bush here.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

And how much time do you have on your hands?

I could use a few, good, men 8)

Pushing three and a half ton pages of bullshit and counter bollocks? What I'd like to do, see, is comb through this entire fukking torrent of mental vomit. Surgically slicing out each 'argument'.

" Why No Bodies? " Then, search out and Record each answer.

That done? I'd fukk off and make a web site where all this shit could be put. In a simple and orderly format :)

Point is, it would save anyone A/ Asking the same questions that were asked fifty pages back.  B/ Anyone having to repeatedly answer them. And, C/ Provide an easily searchable data base, without the crap and shit we could filter out.

No arguments. No abuse. Just potted summaries of Questions and Answers.

Any volunteers ready to step forward? Pick a typical question and search / record every single mention of it, in up to 350 pages? Screen grab it. Take it to Paint. Copy it. Crop it. Bring it back and file it. So on and so forth.

I've done this with nearly two thousand images. Only, I had to Scan Those fukkers from paper, by hand, first.

Anyone???

No takers then? :(

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

No takers then? :(

If there were no side turnings and backtracking over the same old stuff it would be boring, just one page that amounts to no solid evidence, no big cats.

These things need revisiting now and again you never know when somethings not going to turn up.....?

Ahh, it's just the way my mind works, Sandy. I'm far from OCD. But, I Do tend to see through white noise and wish to bring order, so one may sit and study the core truths.

All this 'banter' is just a load of playground bollocks. It's serving no purpose but grandstanding ego's.

I plainly see the 'challenge' here. I do like a good challenge. It stimulates me. But, were I to try and do this one single handedly? I'd simply never catch up. When I spoke, I said there nearly 350 pages? Now there's 353!

Some kunt published a reference book, one time. Never had an Index!!! :icon_eek: Guess what kunt sat there and studied Every Fukking Page of a full sized work of reference, and produced a full Index?

You, clearly, like your Google Scholar? Sadly, it's the constant white noise being generated here that creates the smoke screen needed to esquive your probes.

My way is to isolate, expose and examine. Put each point in a box it can't escape from. Then, go all out fukking Paxman on it! ?

• Like 2
  • paulus locked this topic