It would appear Covid has reduced road kill in mountain lions.

WWW.EURONEWS.COM

But it might not be the animals most vulnerable to extinction who are at risk.

basically there is cross species correlation of population to road kill numbers, as populations rise and fall so do the road kill rates.

https://www.forestryengland.uk/sites/default/files/documents/Feral Wild Boar Deer Dean Census 2019.pdf

so if there is no road kill???????????

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, sandymere said:

It would appear Covid has reduced road kill in mountain lions.

WWW.EURONEWS.COM

But it might not be the animals most vulnerable to extinction who are at risk.

basically there is cross species correlation of population to road kill numbers, as populations rise and fall so do the road kill rates.

https://www.forestryengland.uk/sites/default/files/documents/Feral Wild Boar Deer Dean Census 2019.pdf

so if there is no road kill???????????

I'm through that forest 3/4 times a day...there's plenty about ?I counted 6 dead lamb's been hit by cars today in a 3/4 mile stretch

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I'm through that forest 3/4 times a day...there's plenty about ?I counted 6 dead lamb's been hit by cars today in a 3/4 mile stretch

Bloody thieves been stealing the fence from my woods again.

Yes, the fact there has been little to no road kills, once again sways the indicator towards there not being a breeding population out there. 

Honestly, I've yet to see any real evidence on a breeding population in the UK, but who knows. Maybe that evidence is just around the next corner.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • paulus locked this topic