• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

If I could trap a wild lynx an a beaver in the U.K.   il will die a very happy man ????

Well since you've already mastered the moles mate,  its just the next step up really??

• Haha 1

Actually, that brings up an interesting question; What is the legality on taking these sorts of things, to pin in your shed?

I've seen guys talking about their FAC, in relation to what it says they can target. Usually when talking about boars.

I think I saw something about beavers? Not sure if that was legalities though. Or just the plain fact that people shoot them on the sly.

Interesting little point though. Beavers are here, at least inside fenced enclosures (?) and protected, I'd take it?

Big cats aren't here (Legally). But, you can't shoot one unless your ticket says so. And why would it? They don't exist. So, if you shoot a non existent animal ....?

Then wolves. I wonder what fukking legal mental gymnastics she'd have Boris going through about them?

They'd exist. Like the beavers do. They'd have to be out of their pens, to catch the deer they're supposed to. But, what when they catch your dog, child or wife? Do you then have to ask for wolves to be added to your ticket? Can you snare them? What if your 'wolf snare' catches a panther, which doesn't exist?

Your Honour; I wish to rest my case. My fukking brain hurts!

• Like 1

I would love to be able to see a wild wolf in this country but it’s completely unworkable in this country. Yes we have the deer (boy do we!) but we don’t have even close to wilderness that a wolf population would need to survive and thrive. Even in America they are having increased issues with wolves coming into contact with people as they have successfully looked to expand their range. Possibly a few spots in Scotland and the north you could have a very very small population but what happens when they start eating Mrs Jones cockatoo? Or worse little Timmy gets bitten? We don’t have areas like Yellowstone where they can roam it’s a non starter. That’s without the problem of the wolves taking easy sheep rather than deer. Genuinely would be amazing to see wolves and Lynx etc in the this country but it’s a pipe dream. Would go horribly wrong if attempted in my opinion. 

Just now, Bobtheferret said:

I would love to be able to see a wild wolf in this country but it’s completely unworkable in this country. Yes we have the deer (boy do we!) but we don’t have even close to wilderness that a wolf population would need to survive and thrive. Even in America they are having increased issues with wolves coming into contact with people as they have successfully looked to expand their range. Possibly a few spots in Scotland and the north you could have a very very small population but what happens when they start eating Mrs Jones cockatoo? Or worse little Timmy gets bitten? We don’t have areas like Yellowstone where they can roam it’s a non starter. That’s without the problem of the wolves taking easy sheep rather than deer. Genuinely would be amazing to see wolves and Lynx etc in the this country but it’s a pipe dream. Would go horribly wrong if attempted in my opinion. 

Like feck would I want to see one being charged by a boars bad enough ?

They  want to release wolves into the Scottish wilds they can build a wall with motion sensered  guns at the border like in the Film Doomsday ?

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Like feck would I want to see one being charged by a boars bad enough ?

They  want to release wolves into the Scottish wilds they can build a wall with motion sensered  guns at the border like in the Film Doomsday ?

I actually reckon I would feel safer around the wolves than the boar! Heard those fuckers are brutal

• paulus locked this topic