• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

The time difference is a bit weird though .8 1/2 minutes long time to stand still for anything .

It was only there for a few seconds the other things are all stuck on to help you gauge size, there were no cows or people with dogs in the field at the time there were 800 pictures on the SD card so I saw all the comings and goings, this is the actual shot what ever it is, it was there alone for a split second using the same hole in the hedge that all the other wildlife was using to come and go  and disappeared 10 mins before the farmer and cows arrived it was also the same hole that the witness on the podcast pointed out the cat he had seen used to leave the field so I would suggest it’s wild or feral and around the size of a Labrador in height , the straight line on the horizon is the only way in or out unless you swim across the Severn  ?

25FAF319-4CEB-44B1-A5D3-60A58E491236.png

Strange the back end is only captured in that corner. If it were a cat you would think it may cross right across the bottom of the field of vision? In this case it would of had to of backed into the field of vision? Which I suppose is posible.

Or am I not understanding how these cameras work? 

Edited by Accip74

No they were never there together the animal has walked along the hedge toward the camera and as it’s turned right to exit the field through the hole it’s arse has triggered the camera, I,m quite sure because of the circumstances that it is the cat I,m after as I also found claw marks on a log in the hedge that were the right size, for a cat, it’s been seen there by 4/5 different people and has left a couple of hollowed out carcasses in the same area, this is just the ground work I have to do before I start trapping the area properly next spring ,have spent 2 years putting all the pieces together before I start properly ?

4 hours ago, Greyman said:

It was only there for a few seconds the other things are all stuck on to help you gauge size, there were no cows or people with dogs in the field at the time there were 800 pictures on the SD card so I saw all the comings and goings, this is the actual shot what ever it is, it was there alone for a split second using the same hole in the hedge that all the other wildlife was using to come and go  and disappeared 10 mins before the farmer and cows arrived it was also the same hole that the witness on the podcast pointed out the cat he had seen used to leave the field so I would suggest it’s wild or feral and around the size of a Labrador in height , the straight line on the horizon is the only way in or out unless you swim across the Severn  ?

Looking at it again I'd rule a dog out

5 hours ago, Greyman said:

Looks awfully like a cat to me but just an ordinary cat I'm afraid. Scale is difficult but the shape , etc say domestic cat. 

5 hours ago, Greyman said:

No they were never there together the animal has walked along the hedge toward the camera and as it’s turned right to exit the field through the hole it’s arse has triggered the camera, I,m quite sure because of the circumstances that it is the cat I,m after as I also found claw marks on a log in the hedge that were the right size, for a cat, it’s been seen there by 4/5 different people and has left a couple of hollowed out carcasses in the same area, this is just the ground work I have to do before I start trapping the area properly next spring ,have spent 2 years putting all the pieces together before I start properly ?

I know they weren't in the same picture lad. But look at the hight of the cow in blue, then look at the hight of that black rear end. Too tall for a cat of any sort. You have your trail cam way too high to capture anything walking that ditch. Even that cow circled blue almost walked right by your camera without getting pictured. 

What was the purpose of putting the camera that high? You had the exact location, yet didn't set your camera up to capture anything using that pass?

• Like 1

Farmer, to me: " I've got a bloody badger coming out of that hedge, every night, and winding my penned dog up something terrible! Can you sort it? "

Me, after conducting a survey: " You've got no badgers anywhere near you. What ever it is, it certainly isn't coming through that hedge. My deduction is that it'll be coming from your sheds. That gateway forms a natural bottle neck. I'd say it'll pass there. I'll put my trail cam there, on that post. Tomorrow we'll see what it is. "

Next day ...

No arse ends with me. Full feral.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Farmer, to me: " I've got a bloody badger coming out of that hedge, every night, and winding my penned dog up something terrible! Can you sort it? "

Me, after conducting a survey: " You've got no badgers anywhere near you. What ever it is, it certainly isn't coming through that hedge. My deduction is that it'll be coming from your sheds. That gateway forms a natural bottle neck. I'd say it'll pass there. I'll put my trail cam there, on that post. Tomorrow we'll see what it is. "

Next day ...

No arse ends with me. Full feral.

Plenty of arse ends on here. Probably being 'feral' for a couple of years as youngsters is a contributing factor.

• Haha 2

@foxdropper

I see you liked that lol. My attempt at a bit of festive humour lol.

My mrs put up a few christmas decorations ealier,, nothing over the top, just a few window decorations really. Does my head in though, so I had to snap myself out the sullen mood I was descending into lol.

• Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

I’m guessing GMs cam is so high to stop the cows messing with it .They are by far the most troublesome beasts regarding trail cams

In which case I'd get to the other side of the hedge. No cows there, I'd imagine. And we'd get lovely, full face shots and vid's of what ever comes out.

• Like 1
  • paulus locked this topic