• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

The cat does not necessarily follow the path it may just cross it but a person with a dog would follow it and I would see some sign, there are lots of deer and badger runs crossing the path but I had to wade through water and break through brambles and stingers to follow the path, Like I’ve said it’s nothing conclusive but it is something I look for and having found kills ,scat and had several people tell me they have seen a large black animal darting across the lane early hours in the same area it is another couple of % in the overall picture mate nothing more, ?

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Greyman said:

bare ground lion hunting, ?? one from the video welsh red put up and one I found on a disused track I was checking this morning, in America accepted without question over here it will be everything else apart from a cat,  I can’t prove to anyone myself included but when I add a couple of consumed animals and a feline looking scat and a couple of witnesses all within a 1/4 mile of the spot it ticks a few box’s for me ??

4ED98473-DCD4-48A2-9208-58B4712CC5C1.jpeg

9D493DF2-2CD4-4EC6-A7D1-8D3819319C67.jpeg

49337A02-02DC-4E21-849F-1D0BD2D2F1D6.jpeg

2DBB711D-BF72-4A90-A425-9F82CF801746.png

Roe?

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

Roe?

It’s always possible mate but I find roe do it in spring looking for young shoots plus you have the rather sharp well spaced claw marks, like I,ve said it could be a man with a rake, but if I was in the rockies were there are puma or India were they have leopards it would be accepted as a territorial cat scratch without question, just like the kills would be, so it just makes what I do 10 x harder given all of the variables in this country that we have to deal with ?

• Confused 1

The cat Hovers to the point where it scratches, while people and dogs walk past, leaving sign?

Cat's got to weigh, what? 100 Ilbs plus? Average 'medium sized' dog will be lucky to touch 60 Ilb, fat.

Act of standing there, scratching at the earth, is going to place weight on different paws. Driving feet ever more clearly into the ground within a close proximity to the scratched point. I've stood and watched my own dogs do it.

Be it Big Cat, Big Dog or 'Cushty Jook' up to his old tricks, there should be discernible tracks very close by.

In all my years of studying this shit ~ and, believe me; I've been at it for decades. Set off by the original " Surrey Puma " reports on the radio. I've noted how the photo's are Always of " Kills " or " Prints ". How come never the two together?

Come on. Over half a century and not once?

As you well know, I was a card carrying, paid up member. Close to The Board.

But, my angle was always to see if there Was anything out there. If so, What.

I Never allowed myself to adopt the view that there Was. Then try to prove it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As I’ve said in the same wood  I,ve found several kills and a good turd, a bit further down the lane I took this print in the entrance to a footpath that leads off the same lane, so no, none of them are conclusive and as I said there could be a person doing it all but I don’t think so, when the documentary comes out in the new year, there is a kill scene in it that I found it was in this area ,take a look at it and see what you think, it will be easier when you can see the hole scene and my commentary, unless I,ve been edited out ?

B162202C-77D6-476A-B6C1-5B5C13532CD1.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Greyman said:

As I’ve said in the same wood  I,ve found several kills and a good turd, a bit further down the lane I took this print in the entrance to a footpath that leads off the same lane, so no, none of them are conclusive and as I said there could be a person doing it all but I don’t think so, when the documentary comes out in the new year, there is a kill scene in it that I found it was in this area ,take a look at it and see what you think, it will be easier when you can see the hole scene and my commentary, unless I,ve been edited out ?

B162202C-77D6-476A-B6C1-5B5C13532CD1.jpeg

That looks fake and a poor attempt at that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Greyman  ...We’ve done all the insults and I hope there’s no hard feelings .This enforced period off has made me realise life is too short for shit like that .

From now on its pure discussion which I hope you’ll reciprocate .

The scrapes you have photographed are roe scrapes used by bucks in spring and the rut and again by does in the autumn and winter .The claw marks you refer to are front hoof scrapes ,nothing more ,seen them many ,many times .Muntjac do same only on a smaller scale .Hope this helps .There is a roe slot centre frame ,middle pic .They are used to scent mark ,territory in summer by a buck and it’s thought just the presence of a hefted doe in autumn ,winter .

Roe have scent glands between their toes and side of their heads that is a sweet smell to our noses .Next time you find a scrape get down and smell it and you’ll agree .Nothing to do with food or bedding ,purely a marking scrape .

Regards FD 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
On 22/10/2020 at 17:48, Bobtheferret said:

Can the people that have no interest that there could even be a small possibility of big cats in the uk just stop coming on this thread? Or at least just read shake your head and not comment the same stuff over and over? It’s a good interesting thread and one that should just be enjoyed for what it is. Just leave it be for gods sake your adding precisely f**k all! 

personally i have an interest but one based on reality rather so will continue to add to the dialogue Cheers?

• Like 1
On 22/10/2020 at 15:35, Greyman said:

What a prick, round and round, what do you think your going to do prove a point by pissing people off enough they won’t debate anymore, this is from about page 5 and I have more but I,m pretty sure it’s a dead lynx shot in the uk, we were just getting back to a normal conversation and here you come again, I put a film on as well an age back and there was a 5ft long dead cat squashed on the road in England, if you want to row carry on but stop ignoring answers I,ve already given you it’s very very tiring and as I,ve just told you I will not be engaging with your good self any further until you have a proper issue to raise instead of some stupid little point scoring exercise you keep trying to engage in it’s ruining the thread just stop it ?

8584627B-0E5C-4C01-B354-926CDBFF5138.jpeg

resorting to insults again is a little childish but what I've come to expect alas.

Now back to the subject, re the picture above, that's not a road kill, that was shot 40 years ago after killing a load of sheep, basically what one would expect if an animal was released.........................

There is no road kill so if, and its a very big if,  there are any cats surviving in the UK they are very , very scarce as not one has been killed on a highway in many many years, certainly not 250 animals or a viable breeding population

Re the pictures of droppings you put up, the one from an animal that appears to have a bleeding gastric tract? certainly is not from an animal feeding on a carcass, surly you noted that? 

IMG_20201026_073957.jpg.a547fbe4dc79693a132b522dc73d41fa.jpg

Note hair, and that's from  offal from a skinned carcass. 

Edited by sandymere
  • Sad 1
11 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

Be inside the belly of a,leopard mate lol 

Sadly fox, badger and the odd BOP would be more likely  for that fella mate,  not all beast mystery’s end with a cat often a sad but simple explanation ?? 

• paulus locked this topic