1 hour ago, Bush Rummager said:

I'll look for that episode mate..

Good watching isn't it. Just had a week in north Devon/ Exmoor.. looking for some local pussy.. ?

Watched a good few meat eater episodes, pre downloaded, no site wifi!!  it's good shit ain't it.... ?

Yeah I've gone thru all the neflix stuff , majoritt of his YouTube stuff , all his joe rogan podcasts and a few of the meateater podcasts on spotify. Think you netflix its from season 6 on , on youtube now hes started releasing from season 1 onwards free to watch 

• Like 2

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

On 30/10/2020 at 10:50, notahunter said:

Very interesting reading this! Could make an old story make sense for me. Probably 10/15 years ago my aunt and uncle swear to me they saw a "black big cat" over the backroads. They live out past Killea, I will ask them exactly where they saw it. was in the early hours of the morning, he was driving her home from nightshift, it slinked across the road in front of them, he's a farmer, so I trust they know what they were looking at. They didn't tell many people for fear of being laughed at. That's what got me interested in all these big cat sightings! Did they ever catch it do you know?

I heard about this years ago also, ten mins from me mate. 

5 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

Shows how difficult it can be to track and locate them even with expert trackers and a pack of dogs bred and trained for the job . Altho its in no way anything to do with big cats in the UK it does show how elusive they can be even to the most experienced hunter actively looking for them.  It was also interesting to hear how little Rinella has seen of them in the wild considering how often he is out and about

This is kinda what I was getting at earlier in the thread. I live next to a forest with a thriving cat population. Never seen one or a trace of one in the 6 years I've been wandering around it. I don't stick to forestry tracks either, I like knowing where things are and it's really good to find a spring in the middle of nowhere that's flattened with mule deer prints and that I'm probably one of the few people that's ever seen it. No cats but the size and frequency of what they hunt is everywhere wandering the forest.

I think someone mentioned the absence of roadkill earlier in the thread. I've never seen or heard of one in the 40 mile stretch of road between me and town but every time the temperature drops to around freezing the highway looks like someone dynamited a venison factory. The sheer abundance of their prey species is hard to get your head around unless you're stopped on the road at 2AM and an entire herd of them are just stood there looking at you.

It's purely anecdotal, I know, but in an area where you can draw out hunting permits for cats, yet never see one, it wouldn't be a stretch to how a much reduced population of released or escaped cats could evade detection indefinitely. Let's be fair. Britain doesn't have an entire government division tracking them either, like we do. Elusive nature and small numbers would make it far harder to document, IMHO.

Slightly off topic but I immediately thought of this thread after the phone call. A mate of mine reckons he's spotted a wolf on his property and I'm currently waiting on his picture of a paw print that he took from a freshly graded dirt road. No surprises here but I'm extremely skeptical. They're not known to be in our region due to the hunting pressures they faced in the early 20th century but with their expanding territories further north we could be seeing those expand. That being said we're setting up a trip out there to mooch around and see if we can find anything!

• Like 8

Best thing about looking for wolves Chris is they will answer a call especially at night, So even if you don’t see them you may be able to satisfy yourself it’s still around, the claws also tend to be longer than other canids if you find paw prints as they don’t walk on many hard surfaces, good luck sounds good✌️

9 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Best thing about looking for wolves Chris is they will answer a call especially at night, So even if you don’t see them you may be able to satisfy yourself it’s still around, the claws also tend to be longer than other canids if you find paw prints as they don’t walk on many hard surfaces, good luck sounds good✌️

The jury is still out on this one. It's plausible but I reckon best case scenario is that one of the locals have a wolf hybrid that's running loose. We had a wolf with a tracking collar spotted on the north rim of the Grand Canyon a while back so I'm not able to write it off yet.

Fascinating if they're expanding down here but we'll be needing plenty of material before it can be definitive. :thumbs:

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

The jury is still out on this one. It's plausible but I reckon best case scenario is that one of the locals have a wolf hybrid that's running loose. We had a wolf with a tracking collar spotted on the north rim of the Grand Canyon a while back so I'm not able to write it off yet.

Fascinating if they're expanding down here but we'll be needing plenty of material before it can be definitive. :thumbs:

Think if this thread has taught me anything, you will never convince those that don’t want to be convinced no matter how hard you try, so just satisfy yourself mate, it will be men on the ground like you that notices the subtle changes, your mate has found a track and your going out looking for more, it’s were it all begins Good luck ??

• Like 1
On 27/10/2020 at 19:22, notahunter said:

Old footage from South Devon 2015, only released recently I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXw3jkKEb5c&feature=emb_title

The lad that got them pictures is talking about it on episode 35 of the podcast, he has had some good success and if you go on the links and refs there are a couple of new photos he got of one within 10 miles of array,,s mates sighting on the same day I think or within a few days at most, the animal in that picture has been scaled and is 6ft long so if you think it looks like a cat it’s a pretty big one ?

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Greyman said:

Think if this thread has taught me anything, you will never convince those that don’t want to be convinced no matter how hard you try, so just satisfy yourself mate, it will be men on the ground like you that notices the subtle changes, your mate has found a track and your going out looking for more, it’s were it all begins Good luck ??

Like I said a couple of months back G, 'there are none so blind as those that WON'T see'. ?

• Like 1

bare ground lion hunting, ?? one from the video welsh red put up and one I found on a disused track I was checking this morning, in America accepted without question over here it will be everything else apart from a cat,  I can’t prove to anyone myself included but when I add a couple of consumed animals and a feline looking scat and a couple of witnesses all within a 1/4 mile of the spot it ticks a few box’s for me ??

4ED98473-DCD4-48A2-9208-58B4712CC5C1.jpeg

9D493DF2-2CD4-4EC6-A7D1-8D3819319C67.jpeg

49337A02-02DC-4E21-849F-1D0BD2D2F1D6.jpeg

2DBB711D-BF72-4A90-A425-9F82CF801746.png

• Haha 1
52 minutes ago, Greyman said:

bare ground lion hunting, ?? one from the video welsh red put up and one I found on a disused track I was checking this morning, in America accepted without question over here it will be everything else apart from a cat,  I can’t prove to anyone myself included but when I add a couple of consumed animals and a feline looking scat and a couple of witnesses all within a 1/4 mile of the spot it ticks a few box’s for me ??

4ED98473-DCD4-48A2-9208-58B4712CC5C1.jpeg

9D493DF2-2CD4-4EC6-A7D1-8D3819319C67.jpeg

49337A02-02DC-4E21-849F-1D0BD2D2F1D6.jpeg

2DBB711D-BF72-4A90-A425-9F82CF801746.png

Sorry mate, what are you showing us in the pic ?

If you watch the video cats make a scratch mark to mark the edge of there territory its at 13mins in the video it’s a standard thing to look for in country’s were there are known big cats but a scrape mark here means what, I,ve only ever found two like this and the last one had a good paw print in the middle of it, this one could be something else but as I said it’s on a path that’s not been used by people for some time and in a wood I find sign of cat activity a couple of times a year, if you look down the path it’s under the hedge on the left and if you look at the claw marks by my hand it’s not a badger but possibly a very large dog, but if a dog had walked the path I should find a print of the dog or the person walking it, it’s nothing conclusive but another sign to look for that will add weight along with the other things I find in the same wood ?

• Like 1
  • paulus locked this topic