11 minutes ago, walshie said:

A decent thermal spotter is a gamechanger. Not only can you see things you normally wouldn't, it gives me peace of mind when I'm shooting that there isn't any non-intended species or people around. 

What do you use?

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

On 10/09/2019 at 16:41, stop.end said:

Ive seen one out lamping in a wee village in northern Ireland called claudy... it was a black panther... I was lamping on my own when I lived in a farmhouse out that way was about 1 in the morning it was walking a field quite close to a farmhouse...I flicked it first with the lamp.. thought wtf is that... cant be?? Had my choco dog with me and first glance I thought it was a big wild feral and this cnutss going to get it... then I stopped the van and had a proper look and sure as fcuk it was exactly what I thought it was.. this was about 15 years ago and I was in my vets other day getting tablets for the terriers and we got chatting about it and there was actually a man who lived near the village of claudy who owned it and let it loose.. 

Very interesting reading this! Could make an old story make sense for me. Probably 10/15 years ago my aunt and uncle swear to me they saw a "black big cat" over the backroads. They live out past Killea, I will ask them exactly where they saw it. was in the early hours of the morning, he was driving her home from nightshift, it slinked across the road in front of them, he's a farmer, so I trust they know what they were looking at. They didn't tell many people for fear of being laughed at. That's what got me interested in all these big cat sightings! Did they ever catch it do you know?

Edited by notahunter
  • Like 5

Never need a excuse to watch steve rinella but his latest release from season 2 is worth a watch concerning the mountain lion . Shows how difficult it can be to track and locate them even with expert trackers and a pack of dogs bred and trained for the job . Altho its in no way anything to do with big cats in the UK it does show how elusive they can be even to the most experienced hunter actively looking for them.  It was also interesting to hear how little Rinella has seen of them in the wild considering how often he is out and about 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I've seen this thing around here a few times, I think its living in one of the barns here...its bloody huge!

Watched it hunt a mouse today on the field beside mine, got some pics and20201031_140201.jpg.c616cbc8bcf246f88e280d2e4de5ba27.jpg thought of you GM...lol

Edited by NEWKID
59 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

Never need a excuse to watch steve rinella but his latest release from season 2 is worth a watch concerning the mountain lion . Shows how difficult it can be to track and locate them even with expert trackers and a pack of dogs bred and trained for the job . Altho its in no way anything to do with big cats in the UK it does show how elusive they can be even to the most experienced hunter actively looking for them.  It was also interesting to hear how little Rinella has seen of them in the wild considering how often he is out and about 

I'll look for that episode mate..

Good watching isn't it. Just had a week in north Devon/ Exmoor.. looking for some local pussy.. ?

Watched a good few meat eater episodes, pre downloaded, no site wifi!!  it's good shit ain't it.... ?

• Like 1
  • paulus locked this topic