• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

Doesnt look very good quality at all 

Awful quality, lets hope this film has the money shot we're all after. I'm hearing it'll be March or April 2021 at least because it currently submitting to all the film festivals which takes forever. Who know it could get picked up by a Netflix agent... ?

7 minutes ago, notahunter said:

Awful quality, lets hope this film has the money shot we're all after. I'm hearing it'll be March or April 2021 at least because it currently submitting to all the film festivals which takes forever. Who know it could get picked up by a Netflix agent... ?

Im more interesred about the tooth pit analys  . Greyman seems confident in it so hopefully i can get a better understanding of it all and decide how cast iron it is 

3 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

Im more interesred about the tooth pit analys  . Greyman seems confident in it so hopefully i can get a better understanding of it all and decide how cast iron it is 

I'd need a lot more than that to be certain. I'm already convinced there is a few escapees/freed big cats about the place, but no sizable numbers or breeding population.

1 minute ago, notahunter said:

I'd need a lot more than that to be certain. I'm already convinced there is a few escapees/freed big cats about the place, but no sizable numbers or breeding population.

It all depends on the certainty you get from tooth pit . If they got a genuine skull from the UK , and it has a formation of tooth holes that can literally be nothing but a big cat (no 95%, no 97% but 100%) then i think that is proof enough for me . Of course their is the angle of "maybe its a zoo skull used" but its impossible to be certain . I dont know how you could prove where its from , there will always be a angle for uncertainty.

Regardless of a breeding population which everyone seems to fixate on if their is big cats living in the UK then that major major news no matter how you cut it

1 hour ago, Welsh_red said:

It all depends on the certainty you get from tooth pit . If they got a genuine skull from the UK , and it has a formation of tooth holes that can literally be nothing but a big cat (no 95%, no 97% but 100%) then i think that is proof enough for me . Of course their is the angle of "maybe its a zoo skull used" but its impossible to be certain . I dont know how you could prove where its from , there will always be a angle for uncertainty.

Regardless of a breeding population which everyone seems to fixate on if their is big cats living in the UK then that major major news no matter how you cut it

For me certainty is a video of a big cat and cubs than can be confirmed as taken in UK present time. If Greyman is right and the population is growing then it's really only a matter of time and perharps a little effort. Is the thermal imaging equipment the keepers in the forest of dean used prohibitively expensive for people to use regularly or did they just get lucky catching a big cats twice during the deer surveys? Do you know of people using drones with thermal in the UK?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, notahunter said:

For me certainty is a video of a big cat and cubs than can be confirmed as taken in UK present time. If Greyman is right and the population is growing then it's really only a matter of time and perharps a little effort. Is the thermal imaging equipment the keepers in the forest of dean used prohibitively expensive for people to use regularly or did they just get lucky catching a big cats twice during the deer surveys? Do you know of people using drones with thermal in the UK?

Ive only ever glanced at the prices of thermal and quickly realised their a bit expensive for me for the decent ones .

An i right in reading that your saying they have thermal of a big cat from the deer surveys? Where have you seen that? 

I dont know of anyone using drones with thermal on , seing the price of standard thermal i would assume their quite pricey

2 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

Ive only ever glanced at the prices of thermal and quickly realised their a bit expensive for me for the decent ones .

An i right in reading that your saying they have thermal of a big cat from the deer surveys? Where have you seen that? 

I dont know of anyone using drones with thermal on , seing the price of standard thermal i would assume their quite pricey

https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/nature/reliable-big-cat-sightings-revealed-1229204.html

No recording sadly, but some of the most credible witnesses I've seen so far.

Spotted this article today too: https://www.leaderlive.co.uk/news/18828506.small-significant-populations-big-cats-pumas-roaming-north-wales/

I'm interested in purchasing some thermal gear and giving it a go myself that's why I ask.

• Like 1

few weeks back I was told this account of a large Black Big Cat. The Guy in question has not told the press and does not wan't to speak to any group and does not wan't to be named. He was on his way to work on Monday 28th of September and at about 7.15am was approaching a T junction at right angles to the road he was joining. In an open gate way opposite a big black cat walked from left to right across the gate way, as the gate was open he drove his car into the entrance of the field. The cat then ran the full length of the field up hill to the top and through the hedge. The guy is a angler and shoots and owns a business and no mug. He is 100% convinced it was a Black Big Cat.

This is the junction he was approaching Whiddon Rd and you can see the gate way opposite.

IMG_2542.jpeg.333d4f857d0a2f2c243f6a42e8ff384f.jpeg

Cheers Arry

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, notahunter said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/nature/reliable-big-cat-sightings-revealed-1229204.html

No recording sadly, but some of the most credible witnesses I've seen so far.

Spotted this article today too: https://www.leaderlive.co.uk/news/18828506.small-significant-populations-big-cats-pumas-roaming-north-wales/

I'm interested in purchasing some thermal gear and giving it a go myself that's why I ask.

Its a shame theirs no footage.  You could really tell from its gait what it was . It was 2009 tho so maybe recordung thermal wasnt the common 

Ive always toyed with getting a thermal monocular . Id love to go down the duck pond at night and see whats happening down there . Just for seing whats around more than anything . I seen one for 800 quid i could get and pay monthly but i assume if i buy cheap i would be dissapointed in the end and 800 quid is still 800 quid 

1 hour ago, Welsh_red said:

Its a shame theirs no footage.  You could really tell from its gait what it was . It was 2009 tho so maybe recordung thermal wasnt the common 

Ive always toyed with getting a thermal monocular . Id love to go down the duck pond at night and see whats happening down there . Just for seing whats around more than anything . I seen one for 800 quid i could get and pay monthly but i assume if i buy cheap i would be dissapointed in the end and 800 quid is still 800 quid 

A decent thermal spotter is a gamechanger. Not only can you see things you normally wouldn't, it gives me peace of mind when I'm shooting that there isn't any non-intended species or people around. 

• paulus locked this topic