12 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

@Greyman is there any trail cameras with a screen on them that aren't too much money. Step dad got my boy one but we had to let him keep it at his house as we dont have a computer or laptop here to hook it up to to see the pictures. Would be ideal if I could get a cheap enough one with a screen I can view pictures I take on and if anything decent shows up I can give it up to my mums house to go onto a computer. 

That’s the bit I struggle with mate I have an old laptop that barely works that I can view my SD cards on but it does not connect to the internet so I can’t share what I have unless I run the laptop and film the screen with my iPad, have tried a load of them card reader things and none of them have worked 100% a lot of the cameras do have a playback mode built in that you can watch them on, things are a little bit up in the air at the moment trying to move and things but when I,m sorted a decent laptop is one of my first things on my list ??

• Like 1

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Quite funny really would imagine a tiger cub was bigger than an adult savannah quite quickly, also interesting is that the notion of hybridisation is often scoffed at but here is a new hybrid cat that is a mixture of wild and domestic, bit of interesting reading for you  ?

2267EBBD-C0DB-4E53-8278-244E4CB7D585.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Quite funny really would imagine a tiger cub was bigger than an adult savannah quite quickly, also interesting is that the notion of hybridisation is often scoffed at but here is a new hybrid cat that is a mixture of wild and domestic, bit of interesting reading for you  ?

2267EBBD-C0DB-4E53-8278-244E4CB7D585.jpeg

The idea that there's a healthy breeding population of hybrid cats needs to be scoffed at IMO, the Leopard/Puma hybrid suffers from dwarfism, and is almost almost certainly infertile. 

You also have to take in to account the consequences of inbreeding with these supposed hybrids which basically makes the likelihood of it being true zero. 

The most plausible answer to them being out there is escapees or released animals. 

I could accept the idea that a released animal could survive in the animal and live out it's life, especially with the abundance of livestock in some areas. 

Edited by Greb147
14 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

The idea that there's a healthy breeding population of hybrid cats needs to be scoffed at IMO, the Leopard/Puma hybrid suffers from dwarfism, and is almost almost certainly infertile. 

You also have to take in to account the consequences of inbreeding with these supposed hybrids which basically makes the likelihood of it being true zero. 

The most plausible answer to them being out there is escapees or released animals. 

I could accept the idea that a released animal could survive in the animal and live out it's life, especially with the abundance of livestock in some areas. 

I think what you don’t get is a breeding population is not going to make a massive impact all at once it could be half a dozen being born in a year and maybe one of those may be of a cross bred nature, it does not have to be a puma and a leopard as you keep referring to, we had a conversations about raccoons which it is accepted are now breeding in England, not very stealthy animals probably a lot more than 500 in the uk yet when I asked if anyone had a picture of one, not one person myself included could without taking it down from the net, one person claimed to have been within 3ft of one but still no picture, if there were 500 fox or any other common species in the uk we would all struggle to locate them, you keep going on about it’s only escapes yet you have put up some cracking videos off of you tube and if you stopped and digested things a bit you would realise that the sheep photos I put up from Bodmin moor has been killed by an animal that has been taught by its parents to hunt, not by an animal that has spent most of its life in a cage being fed a diet of meat cuts, and it’s the same with most of the carcasses we find, they have one bite mark to throat or nose a hole in through the ribs and all vital organs removed and eaten first, this cannot be taught in a zoo ?

16 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I think what you don’t get is a breeding population is not going to make a massive impact all at once it could be half a dozen being born in a year and maybe one of those may be of a cross bred nature, it does not have to be a puma and a leopard as you keep referring to, we had a conversations about raccoons which it is accepted are now breeding in England, not very stealthy animals probably a lot more than 500 in the uk yet when I asked if anyone had a picture of one, not one person myself included could without taking it down from the net, one person claimed to have been within 3ft of one but still no picture, if there were 500 fox or any other common species in the uk we would all struggle to locate them, you keep going on about it’s only escapes yet you have put up some cracking videos off of you tube and if you stopped and digested things a bit you would realise that the sheep photos I put up from Bodmin moor has been killed by an animal that has been taught by its parents to hunt, not by an animal that has spent most of its life in a cage being fed a diet of meat cuts, and it’s the same with most of the carcasses we find, they have one bite mark to throat or nose a hole in through the ribs and all vital organs removed and eaten first, this cannot be taught in a zoo ?

Animals in captivity kill the same, just look at those animal parks in China where they feed them live animals. 

• Confused 1
On 07/10/2020 at 10:08, Greyman said:

FairPlay sandy you are an incredible man, these people save lives using there skills and you just stick another link up as a counter argument, and think you are significant, I have tried now to answer your questions only to be met with more accusations of lying which I don’t take very well so I will now be ignoring your posts until you have something of any significance to add,  I won’t hold my breath though as I think it may be a while, you are clearly still smarting over your leftie views being exposed and the results of both the referendum and general elections and as I called you on both matters you have decided this is your chance to strike back and ruin something most are enjoying, think the forum was better when you were to embarrassed to show your face after the outcomes of the events mentioned above?

The link was in answer to people asking why would the old guy might lie and to the claims made by the "self styled" expert you linked too, not at you personally, perhaps you should be a littler less sensitive. What the feck has this got to do with politics, I was posting on this topic well before the last election etc so please keep it on track there's a good chap.

Edited by sandymere
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Animals in captivity kill the same, just look at those animal parks in China where they feed them live animals. 

We are in England mate live feeding in zoos is not really the done thing here ✌️✌️

31 minutes ago, Greyman said:

the sheep photos I put up from Bodmin moor has been killed by an animal that has been taught by its parents to hunt

Based on what? If I was to look at a hundred scavenged carcases one would expect a great deal of variety of entry etc based on species of scavenger, sometimes it will be in line with the expected method but sometimes through various reason it will present differently, not every dog will follow the rules, two dogs on a carcass with show different than one but after the event we don't know if it were two or one or even the species. So saying a particular carcass has been scavenged/killed by a particular species is always a dubious undertaking.  a bit like tooth pit ID it is open to interpretation and error and someone looking at a lot of carcases will see atypical ones just because that is the nature of chance.

https://scholarworks.umt.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2121&context=etd

47 minutes ago, Greyman said:

We are in England mate live feeding in zoos is not really the done thing here ✌️✌️

I don't understand your point, a cat doesn't care if it's in England or China, they still have that instinct to kill and do so even when in captivity. 

19 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I don't understand your point, a cat doesn't care if it's in England or China, they still have that instinct to kill and do so even when in captivity. 

I think the videos I’ve seen in China the animals always make a mess and it’s never a clean kill 

• Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Wow this is getting a bit primary school now one more reply and I think we will have to go to drawings, cats in the uk are mostly captive bred and would have never been taught by an adult to kill, that’s why when you release a captive animal it goes a bit kid in a sweet shop and just kills everything that moves in a very haphazard way like the borath lynx that killed 7/8 sheep in a week or the original beasts of Bodmin that showed all the signs of having lived in captivity, but once they become naturalised it allows them to kill just what they need in a very silent efficient way one bite to the neck claw marks in the back were it’s been held and a hole into the vital organs, this kill and consumption shows all the traces of a wild animal, much like the warthog you put up being killed by a leopard ✌️

82C4BAE1-D97E-4C1E-A794-E62E87347BF5.jpeg

51CFEE95-FF94-494D-8743-3AE4BF87E428.jpeg

FAD2A360-F02D-4BF0-B567-8D5F93FBE841.jpeg

11 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

I think the videos I’ve seen in China the animals always make a mess and it’s never a clean kill 

Animals dont need to be thought how to kill. Just look at all the moggy's out there killing all round them.  

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

You must have seen different to me then? 

You don't think wild cats make a mess on animals with their claws and holds? 

How many generations does it take a working dog to lose the instinct to work if its not being worked......id imagine the same theory must come into play with wild animals who no longer have to obtain their own food....maybe im wrong......but they are certainly going to lose some ability to do it as efficiently surely ?

• Like 2
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic